The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't notice when he stuck it in and broke it off in Onofrio's *** in 2011 and 2012 to the tune of about 50 touchdowns?
No I didn’t lol I was a junior-senior in Hs then. I still was a Canes fan but not manic and micro-analyzing everything like I do now.

Advertisement
I was looking at every team that averaged at least 30ppg, and then researched who their OC was and what kind of resume they had. Shannon Dawson passed the initial filter test.

I would be surprised if Mario hires a current NFL guy.
Why? With Alonzo on board, there are likely a lot more NFL connections now than Mario's last go-around in the hiring process.

No I didn’t lol I was a junior-senior in Hs then. I still was a Canes fan but not manic and micro-analyzing everything like I do now.

You were a junior in HS in 2011? **** I'm getting old.

Well, anyway, we played a home and home against K-State those years. 2011 here, 2012 up there in the little Apple.

They beat us in 2011 and Klein scored a TD late in the game to clinch it, I think. Or I know for sure he had 2-3 TDs that day and played really well. And then we went up there the next year and they beat us like a ******* drum, something like 55-13 or thereabouts. And Klein had a big game that day, although their entire team did, obviously. IIRC, some assistant trainers and water girls made big plays. It was a full on anal pillaging.

So that's what I remember of Collin Klein. Somewhat goofy, lanky white kid who looked like he was unsure if he was left-handed or right-handed when throwing a football, but ran like a truck, and Mark Onofrio made him look like Tim Tebow.

I was looking at every team that averaged at least 30ppg, and then researched who their OC was and what kind of resume they had. Shannon Dawson passed the initial filter test.

I would be surprised if Mario hires a current NFL guy.
Dont you already know who is on the short list.

Advertisement
I already liked Littrell, but in doing a deeper dive, I think he could be exactly what we are looking for. He’s got a strong resume

Plus he’s got Texas recruiting ties and previous HC experience

I’m surprised they fired him and it was their Defense, not offense, that let them down in 2022

You didn't notice when he stuck it in and broke it off in Onofrio's *** in 2011 and 2012 to the tune of about 50 touchdowns?
I have a gif saved on my old photobucket account from that game. To the point where I've spent 10 mins trying to recover passwords for it. It won't work. It's awesome/shameful though.

One of our DB's was driven 20 yards off the ball and pancaked well out of the back of the endzone. It looked like I was blocking a 10 year old today. Grown men vs little boys. Klein was a stud but didn't have to be in that game.

I mean, there's zero percent chance he wasn't going to get an NFL job either as a HC or as OC with a team like the Chargers.

It's just that Jerruh is a big dummy who doesn't know what the **** he's doing.
McCarthy needed a scapegoat to buy himself another year. Dallas, fans and Jerry included, are delusional if they "expect" that team to win Super Bowls. But they do seem to expect it, and McCarthy will be fired if they don't at least get to the game next season.

Good on the Chargers for scopping Moore up. I know I'm pretty happy about it (as a Herbert owner in dynasty).

You were a junior in HS in 2011? **** I'm getting old.

Well, anyway, we played a home and home against K-State those years. 2011 here, 2012 up there in the little Apple.

They beat us in 2011 and Klein scored a TD late in the game to clinch it, I think. Or I know for sure he had 2-3 TDs that day and played really well. And then we went up there the next year and they beat us like a ******* drum, something like 55-13 or thereabouts. And Klein had a big game that day, although their entire team did, obviously. IIRC, some assistant trainers and water girls made big plays. It was a full on anal pillaging.

So that's what I remember of Collin Klein. Somewhat goofy, lanky white kid who looked like he was unsure if he was left-handed or right-handed when throwing a football, but ran like a truck, and Mark Onofrio made him look like Tim Tebow.

I attended the 2012 game. Another embarrassing road game for us. Colin had 210 passing yards and 71 rushing.

Advertisement
I already liked Littrell, but in doing a deeper dive, I think he could be exactly what we are looking for. He’s got a strong resume

Plus he’s got Texas recruiting ties and previous HC experience

I’m surprised they fired him and it was their Defense, not offense, that let them down in 2022

GIF by MLB

I have Ellis on my list of relatively unknown OCs that we could look at too, but I have an issue with the fact that Tyson Helton demoted him. He was apart of a good Ga southern offense but I think that might just be helton’s offense

Clay demoted him at USC only to rehire him at Georgia Southern?

Man I am with you. It has been 20 years of "can you imagine X guy with South Florida athletes, it would be video game numbers." I want video game numbers.

I saw that guy on here posted about going to dinner with a Nebraska booster that said it was not true or exaggerated. I am certainly not doubting him. I was not there. But I don't know. That would be a quick way to have a massive lawsuit.

I could also be imagining this part, but for some reason I remember hearing Frost hates Miami given our history with Nebraska. Of course, the last couple of year, being fired and our OC budget could change someone's opinion quickly.

Related/unrelated, it made me think when I started law school at UM, they had some guy come in to speak about substance abuse in lawyers. His story was he was a bigshot lawyer in Boston back in the 70s/80s, developed a couple of addictions with what was around at the time, and came down to South Florida for rehab. And I remember sitting there thinking who in their right mind that was addicted to coke and alcohol would have come to Miami in the 80s to get clean. Anyhow, coaches are about as equally high strung.

Yeah, I don't know if I believe that one booster saying Frost is clean. Lots of alcoholics and addicts are able to hide their dependency and live high-functioning lives...at least until they can't anymore...and it's hard to predict when that happens.

Reminds me of my first year in law school, I was with my best friend (we both went to UM undergrad) and we were over between the Richter and the Law School when we ran into this guy that my friend knew from undergrad (I did not know this guy). We started talking to him, he had just graduated UM Law, he was on Law Review (THE Law Review, not one of the other ones), and now he's out in the world doing his thing. Seemed like a good guy, motivated, hard-working, humorous, charismatic.

Fast forward a couple of years, I think this was either right before we graduated, and my friend asks me "Do you remember C------, that friend of mine that you met a couple of years before?", and of course I remembered the guy. Turns out, he was just disbarred for (primarily) commingling client funds, but the driving factor behind everything was that he had drinking and gambling problems, and pretty much had those since undergrad.

I tend to agree with you, if Frost did NOT have any of those problems, you'd think he would have tried to set the record straight by now. I heard about him being inebriated at the game in Ireland, as well as missing recruiting meetings, WHEN it happened, not later, when boosters tend to "blame everything" on the prior coach.

I'm completely in favor of everyone trying to get their **** together, I'm just not sure if we can risk a rehab project at this time. That's all. I wish Scott Frost the best, no matter what his problems are.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The the clown who ****es his pants any time someone questions his man crush Mario is now calling people "pussies"? Cute. Don't worry bub, Mario is a big boy. He can handle the criticism. He doesn't need you caping for him on this board. And spoiler alert: he doesn't read your posts.

It's genuinely amusing to me to how upset you get over this. We're in a thread discussing OC candidates. Someone posted that he thinks it's going to be Arroyo. I agreed and stated my reasons why: he's available, they've worked together in the past, and he runs the type of offense that Mario likes to run. It's not an unreasonable position and plenty of other fans have made similar observations. A writer at SOTU literally wrote an article based on the same premise. It says a lot more about you than it does about me that you get so worked up about it.
It's not unreasonable, I just don't think he'll do the same thing after how drastically it not only affected performance on the field, but recruiting. He can't really hide from the criticism anymore, so if it is Arroyo...then he really is stubborn.

We'll find out shortly enough. 95% confidence level it'll be someone we are genuinely excited for, but that's just speculation.

Mario in year 2 on OC #2. He gets it right he will be HC at Miami happily for the next 4 years. He gets it wrong, won’t be so happily. It’s his bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back