The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point it appears it is just rumors, while Sark's issues are pretty much public record.
Correct. But, it's likely easier for someone to make a turnaround when it's all public record, because there is no denying there's a problem. Where there are just rumors and innuendo, it's easier for someone to deny there's an actual problem and do what needs to be done to get back on track.

Advertisement
It’s a ridiculous statement to say that he’s the most innovative person in college football when 1) he’s not in college football, 2) he had more talent than anyone had by far and 3) it was a one year sample size

I’m not bashing him I’m just saying the obvious that it wasn’t JUST him and that he failed afterwards
Then you are totally NOT looking at the facts. The exact same QB, WR's and RB's were at LSU the before Brady arrived. The OC personally gives Brady with credit for modernizing the playbook, and gives him credit for the dramatic improvement in 3rd down and red zone production. It was his only year calling plays in college football and he did it better than anyone. Most people who evaluate his NFL performance start their eval with "Rhule would not let Brady run his own offensive scheme ... it was the Rhule offense and it didn't work". There is a reason that Bama has him on their target list for OC, as well as a dozen other programs at both the college and NFL level.

It’s a ridiculous statement to say that he’s the most innovative person in college football when 1) he’s not in college football, 2) he had more talent than anyone had by far and 3) it was a one year sample size

I’m not bashing him I’m just saying the obvious that it wasn’t JUST him and that he failed afterwards
First sentence is already false, point one was proven in 2019, point two literally wasn't the case at the end of 2018 and at the start of 2019 and 3) LSU never ran anything like that prior or afterwards.

Regarding the second part, if you don't see it, I cant help you. LSU ran RPOs to the point where Saban had no clue on how to stop them and with the Panthers, they didn't run it enough and couldn't execute it. Huh.

Advertisement
I guess ohio state and USC and Ole miss should fire day, Riley, and kiffin because they weren’t aware that joe Brady actually is the “most innovative mind in all of college football
i love how you put this in quotes, no one said this. "one of" =/= "is"

Then you are totally NOT looking at the facts. The exact same QB, WR's and RB's were at LSU the before Brady arrived. The OC personally gives Brady with credit for modernizing the playbook, and gives him credit for the dramatic improvement in 3rd down and red zone production. It was his only year calling plays in college football and he did it better than anyone. Most people who evaluate his NFL performance start their eval with "Rhule would not let Brady run his own offensive scheme ... it was the Rhule offense and it didn't work". There is a reason that Bama has him on their target list for OC, as well as a dozen other programs at both the college and NFL level.
Pizza or Sushi for the date with Joe?

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office
kevin hart look GIF

Advertisement
I watched him call every play for the panthers and that’s a much bigger sample size and it was very underwhelming

That is my main point and I guess a point that you two are choosing to ignore

Advertisement
First sentence is already false, point one was proven in 2019, point two literally wasn't the case at the end of 2018 and at the start of 2019 and 3) LSU never ran anything like that prior or afterwards.

Regarding the second part, if you don't see it, I cant help you. LSU ran RPOs to the point where Saban had no clue on how to stop them and with the Panthers, they didn't run it enough and couldn't execute it. Huh.
I'd add, and I don't know if it was the case with Brady, that an innovative and elite college coach could easily fail in the NFL. It's not a given.

For what he showed during that 2019 season alone Brady deserves to be considered a home-run hire at the college level.

I'd add, and I don't know if it was the case with Brady, that an innovative and elite college coach could easily fail in the NFL. It's not a given.

For what he showed during that 2019 alone season Brady deserves to be considered a home-run hire at the college level.
So a foursome on the date? Good.

Advertisement

For what he showed during that 2019 alone season Brady deserves to be considered a home-run hire at the college level.
Now that is a fair point to be discussed. Acknowledging a failure at a different level and wondering if it correlates or wondering if he can reduplicate success without a chase, Jefferson, burrow trio

We’ll see. But those saying he didn’t fail in Carolina didn’t watch them is my main point

I agree it may not mean that it would be the same result in college but certainly not as promising of a candidate in my eyes after watching Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back