The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He insinuated that Frost, Peetz and Coley are leading candidates. Frost sounds like he may be. Feedback on Peetz has been hot and cold and Coley would be coming back as a co-coordinator, not the play caller
Maaaannnnnn outta that bunch, Give me Frost... drinking issues. be damned. But even with his issues, he's better than Peetz and Coley.... combined. That ain't my idea of the "best we can get", when we got really good OC money on the table. Hopefully there's some other candidates out there that were looking at? But if he can control his issues, we could do a lot worse than Frost.

Advertisement
warming up to a Frost/Coley combo. Frost will have something to prove so should be hungry for redemption. Coley is a recruiting machine and can coach wrs.

I guess the alleged issues with alcohol may be overblown.

It's also possible Bama might be interested in him too, so just like in recruiting, we may be going head to head with them for an OC
This would be a grand slam* IMHO

*if the off-field problems are an urban myth

Advertisement
Guess why one of the most innovative minds in college football has a bland and predictable offense being under a HC who was known at Baylor for having a bland and predictable offense.
Just because I am too lazy to edit:

That one article blamed Brady for not having enough RPO in his offense. Guess who was the king of RPO during Bradys season at LSU?

It was Rhule. The dude is garbage.

Just because I am too lazy to edit:

That one article blamed Brady for not having enough RPO in his offense. Guess who was the king of RPO during Bradys season at LSU?

It was Rhule. The dude is garbage.
I'm not a big Rhule fan either. I would welcome a Brady hire.

How the board feel about Frost at OC and Troy Walter's at WR coach. I doubt he would leave his wr job with the Bengals..but he seem like he can coach up the wrs. Plus him and Frost have some kind of relationship already.

Advertisement
warming up to a Frost/Coley combo. Frost will have something to prove so should be hungry for redemption. Coley is a recruiting machine and can coach wrs.

I guess the alleged issues with alcohol may be overblown.

It's also possible Bama might be interested in him too, so just like in recruiting, we may be going head to head with them for an OC
I feel like at a bare minimum the WR play would improve. Not a huge fan of the offense though.

How the board feel about Frost at OC and Troy Walter's at WR coach. I doubt he would leave his wr job with the Bengals..but he seem like he can coach up the wrs. Plus him and Frost have some kind of relationship already.
I’m sure Walters is a good coach but everyone on this board could coach that group up.

Advertisement
The Frost rumors are concerning, particularly when Mario needs to find some stability there. Nevertheless, we saw a similar turnaround with Sark at Bama so there is a precedent for it.
Yeah, it looks like Mario wants to try his hand at imitating Saban. Hopefully having Frost step back to one side of the ball can allow him to refocus and get his life back in order (Of course we as fans, really don't know if his life is out of order to begin with. Just pure speculation.). Those rumors are damning, but we don't really know how much of it was actually true.

The Frost rumors are concerning, particularly when Mario needs to find some stability there. Nevertheless, we saw a similar turnaround with Sark at Bama so there is a precedent for it.
at this point it appears it is just rumors, while Sark's issues are pretty much public record.

Advertisement
I would love to see Kittley and what he could do with TVD - but I just don't see it happening. IMO Seth Littrell should be option #1, with proven P5 coordinator and G5 HC experience. I also like the idea of Ruggiero from WF. The slow mesh is weird as ****, but you can't argue with the results. I just don't see him leaving his comfortable low expectations gig with a HC he's been with for so long. But, who knows.

I'm guessing that whoever ultimately does become our new OC will come out of left field.

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Guess why one of the most innovative minds in college football has a bland and predictable offense being under a HC who was known at Baylor for having a bland and predictable offense.
Joe Brady is one of the most innovative minds in college football? Someone who had one solid year (as an assistant) and was never an OC?

L.O.L

Oh also throw in the fact that they had joe burrow jamar chase, Justin Jefferson, Clyde edwards-helaire, and terrace Marshall on offense

oh and he wasn’t the play caller, no doubt involved but that’s a lot of context you guys leave out when you say “one of the most innovative minds in college football”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back