The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How great would it be if Moore is hired by Carolina as HC and he leads them to a Super Bowl victory before Dallas?? I have no dog in this fight but

the dark knight rises GIF

Advertisement
The Joe Brady proponents are not concerned that he was blessed with Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson (each of whom is likely in the top 5 of his position)? I'd be cool with him, but there ain't an OC in the world that wouldn't look really, really good with that trio (+ Edwards-Helaire, Moss, and several OL that are NFL players).

Didnt they have those three before Brady got to LSU?

The Joe Brady proponents are not concerned that he was blessed with Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson (each of whom is likely in the top 5 of his position)? I'd be cool with him, but there ain't an OC in the world that wouldn't look really, really good with that trio (+ Edwards-Helaire, Moss, and several OL that are NFL players).
There was an OC who had all those same players…..Steve Ensminger at LSU in 2018. And the offense wasn’t even in the same galaxy as the 2019 LSU offense.

The truth with what happened involving Brady at LSU lies somewhere in the middle. Hats off to the guy, but the ceilings of the individuals he worked with were HIIIIGH.
Put it this way, throw in TVD, Jacolby George and Key Smith. What kind of results are netted? Credit Brady, credit to ELITE talents.

*not one to toss around the word 'elite' flippantly. That crew is truly elite. NFL elite.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t know what is or isn’t true out of the Frost issues at Nebraska, but that would be a bold choice on the heels of potentially firing Gattis for cause for something he did off field. Honestly, after how much the background check and due diligence failed with Gattis, I am gunshy about Frost.
I agree with what ur saying, and I understand, but I’m about desperate right now… just to see a competent offense on the field. I know I sound like an Auburn or a USCe fan right now. Fucc man, I just want to win. I’m willing to take chances.

Didn’t we play against that same “blessed” LSU offense in 18? Burrow looked like the past decade of horrid QBs…

I’m not saying Brady was the absolute sole reason for that 19 season… but he finally installed concepts that finally put the playmakers in opportunities to succeed which also gave burrow this puffed up bravado.

This isn’t the NFL… this is college and he’s spent even more time in the NFL learning more and probably adding to his playbook and general understanding of play calling. I’m sure a year around Ken Dorsey was pretty helpful…

Advertisement
I don’t know what is or isn’t true out of the Frost issues at Nebraska, but that would be a bold choice on the heels of potentially firing Gattis for cause for something he did off field. Honestly, after how much the background check and due diligence failed with Gattis, I am gunshy about Frost.
What happened with Gattis off-field? I thought it was due to the performance on the field.

I'm at the point where I genuinely feel that people on here ignore posts on purpose just to be able to spew their weird information.

For the 100th time, none of the names demonstrated any evidence that they would become what they became until Brady arrived.

For the 1000th time, LSU never even came remotely close to their success that they had with Brady. Neither before, nor afterwards. They didn't even run the same stuff again. So stop pretending that people aren't aware of what happened subsequently when you blatantly ignore it on purpose.
Joe Brady did an excellent job. But a big reason LSU has not come remotely close to that level of success is because three future PRO hall of fame offensive players never played again after their championship run.

ED O’s chief of staff told Justin Jefferson’s parents he needs to declare for the draft after his junior year…….after JJ’s first LSU spring game before he was even established. People knew these guys were really good with the potential to be better.

Didn’t we play against that same “blessed” LSU offense in 18? Burrow looked like the past decade of horrid QBs…

I’m not saying Brady was the absolute sole reason for that 19 season… but he finally installed concepts that finally put the playmakers in opportunities to succeed which also gave burrow this puffed up bravado.

This isn’t the NFL… this is college and he’s spent even more time in the NFL learning more and probably adding to his playbook and general understanding of play calling. I’m sure a year around Ken Dorsey was pretty helpful…
Brady gets too much credit IMO as a P game Cord he never called plays. Nobody wants to give the OC any credit bc he was “there the year before” yes but it took another year of development for Joe B and also Chase was a frosh lol.

Advertisement
It’s a ridiculous statement to say that he’s the most innovative person in college football when 1) he’s not in college football, 2) he had more talent than anyone had by far and 3) it was a one year sample size

I’m not bashing him I’m just saying the obvious that it wasn’t JUST him and that he failed afterwards
You're doing revisionist editing as you go along. The original statement read "one of the most innovative minds in college football". Now your most recent critique is "to say the he's THE MOST innovative person". Hey... we're all just killing time until the actual hire is leaked or announced, but a Joe Brady OC hire by Miami would shake up a lot of people ... especially in the ACC.

Funny you state that when the same QB, the same 3WR's and the same RB's were on the roster at LSU and only managed 17 passing TD's and were horrible in 3rd down conversions and red zone offense. The OC hired Brady "to modernize the play book" and gave Brady play calling for 3rd down and red zone situations ... voila .. over 100% increase in passing yardage (6024 up from 2970) and 61 passing TD's, up from 17. Only difference was Brady.

Advertisement
Unfortunately I agree. It seems inevitable.

That was Manny's top notch advanced defense in 2018 that shut them down...................I pray you sense my sarcasm.

YOUR OFF TOPIC of this title trend….

The OC Candidates Thread….this is offensive should be reported inappropriatePlease refrain from doing so​

I can assure you that the poster’s disruptive behavior has been addressed separately via dm.

That said, you have to admit, his characterization is pretty spot on. Not saying he should have posted it or anything, just saying it kind of fits the image.

I dont see a reason to take away what Brady did at LSU. What im not ignoring is what he done since. Its funny that man said its not right mention how much talent LSU had, quickly reference what personnel Carolina did not have. So which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back