The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m down with coley too, running game was always good with him. Had our receiving game balling. Revived multiple receivers careers hurns, waters, dorsett, rashawn Scott, coley and then had the tight ends balling with wolford, Njoku and Herndon. He’s a good coach in any capacity, not to mention the good qb play we had. If it’s a co oc spot that’s great for us as he’s not just a an elite recruiter, he’s actually a good coach.

Isn't Coley Pro-Style bro?

I’m down with coley too, running game was always good with him. Had our receiving game balling. Revived multiple receivers careers hurns, waters, dorsett, rashawn Scott, coley and then had the tight ends balling with wolford, Njoku and Herndon. He’s a good coach in any capacity, not to mention the good qb play we had. If it’s a co oc spot that’s great for us as he’s not just a an elite recruiter, he’s actually a good coach.
Coley’s offenses at Miami were ranked 33, 62, and 71 in scoring. He’s terrible.

Pre-Nebraska, Frost's resume was about as good as you could possibly get. He played under Bill Wash and Tom Osborne, for whom he won the national championship. He was WR coach under Chip Kelly, was the OC for Oregon after Kelly went to the pros, then turned a winless UCF team into an undefeated one in a few years.

It's true that he **** the bed at Nebraska. And many of his games were sub-30 ppg. I don't have an explanation for it. His recruiting wasn't good, but it wasn't horrific either. You would think he was capable enough to score more.

Frost would be 10x the OC that Gattis was. But I definitely see the risks. I would rather have Mullen or Brady if either are even realistic names. He'd be in my second tier. But I could understand why Mario would find Frost to be a potentially good fit.

Advertisement
@JimmyJohnsonsHair

Arroyo or Tommy Rees (one of Mario's rumored top 2 choices last year)?

For those who don't know, ND averaged 30 fewer passing yards last year than we did.

And while I know the number of run plays vs pass doesn't paint a full picture, Rees called 532 run plays vs 338 pass plays.

@JimmyJohnsonsHair

Arroyo or Tommy Rees (one of Mario's rumored top 2 choices last year)?

For those who don't know, ND averaged 30 fewer passing yards last year than we did.

And while I know the number of run plays vs pass doesn't paint a full picture, Rees called 532 run plays vs 338 pass plays.
rees is the OC at ND. why would he leave there to come here? please explain.

Advertisement
Okay, so I just read a little backgrounder on Frost's failures at Nebraska, and I now am firmly against his hire.

1. The idiot past on Joe Burrow when he had a completely mediocre starter. https://collegefootball.nbcsports.c...ebraska-but-they-told-me-i-wasnt-good-enough/

2. He lost his team Gattis-like, including having his two best receivers transfer out: https://theathletic.com/3583965/2022/09/11/scott-frost-fired-nebraska-2/

3. In addition to terrible HC decision making, his judgment on game winning/losing calls was among the worst every. https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...football-instead-he-helped-it-reach-new-lows/

Shout-out to FiveThirtyEight.com for aggregating all this background... in summary, pass.

rees is the OC at ND. why would he leave there to come here? please explain.
He had the chance last year but turned Mario down. He was supposedly in Mario's top 2.

Here we are a year late and he's showing up on a few media lists.

To be clear I'm not even saying he's an option. lol just trying to find where the floor is among our choices. Arroyo might not even be our worst option, and I'd still be sick if its him.

Arroyo would be a disastrous hire...there’s a reason he’s still unemployed and is never mentioned for any OC vacancies. If Arroyo or Coley gets the job I will be very, VERY disappointed.
Or why interview a guy that’s already being hired? But really he was NFL bound or Miami.

Advertisement
Only thing Mario needs to recruit anything is production on the field.

O line is covered. With a top 15 offense Mario and Ruiz are landing a top WR and RB.

Wouldn’t be worried at all.
We got some pieces it's a good start. Still need wr and qb

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back