The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Define “solid”? Actually I’ll make it easy. If it’s anyone but Arroyo, Coley, or Martin I’ll take a 30 day self imposed ban.
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Advertisement
all of the OC jobs that have opened up and Miami is the only one giving Arroyo a look. if we don’t hire him, he’s not calling plays at a P5 school this year. G5 level OC.

Number of confirmed reports that Miami has even spoken to Arroyo: 0

Number of confirmed reports that no one else around the country has spoken to Arroyo: 0

Seriously, how does this happen? How do we get from A to Z like this? Is it just this board, or society in general? And Arroyo might be the OC, I have no idea. But neither does anyone else and how does someone go from having literally ZERO idea if Miami is even talking to this guy to saying that only Miami is talking to him and nobody else is?? I don’t understand, genuinely.

Number of confirmed reports that no one else around the country has spoken to Arroyo: 0

Seriously, how does this happen? How do we get from A to Z like this? Is it just this board, or society in general? And Arroyo might be the OC, I have no idea. But neither does anyone else and how does someone go from having literally ZERO idea if Miami is even talking to this guy to saying that only Miami is talking to him and nobody else is?? I don’t understand, genuinely.
there's no use

they can't understand that most the coaches, players, staff members mentioned on here never were part of any search. people treat random stuff said on here to be the absolute truth

Advertisement
One of the best few days way back when

Gruden was joining but would only sign a 2 year deal so the expectation was he would win two titles and then the hiccup was Jay Gruden must be named HCIW but UM balked at that. Then the staff was going to be all elite NFL coaches and Gruden was going to revolutionize UM facilities with the influx of cash. Team meeting was set for I believe 2pm.

So good.
Is this for real? I wasn’t following the program like that back then

Porsters gonna porst

Advertisement
there's no use

they can't understand that most the coaches, players, staff members mentioned on here never were part of any search. people treat random stuff said on here to be the absolute truth

I genuinely can’t comprehend it. Not that I just don’t agree, I read a ****load of stuff on here I don’t agree with, and that’s totally fine. I’m wrong all the time so maybe the stuff I disagree with is actually correct. But it’s rooted in some sort of fact, or reasonable judgement.

Miami fired a coach 48 hours ago, a random internet message board told me that a guy used to coach for Mario Cristobal and he’s unemployed, and that turns into Miami is talking to him and no one else is. Huh?? How does one’s brain work like that? I’m so intrigued.

I genuinely can’t comprehend it. Not that I just don’t agree, I read a ****load of stuff on here I don’t agree with, and that’s totally fine. I’m wrong all the time so maybe the stuff I disagree with is actually correct. But it’s rooted in some sort of fact, or reasonable judgement.

Miami fired a coach 48 hours ago, a random internet message board told me that a guy used to coach for Mario Cristobal and he’s unemployed, and that turns into Miami is talking to him and no one else is. Huh?? How does one’s brain work like that? I’m so intrigued.
it's even better when random people state that we're going after an excellent coach (who ends up never actually being interested or sought after by miami at all for various reasons)

and then we get someone else, and then the board holds the fact that we missed on the first person (who never actually was a realistic candidate to begin with) for the rest of time

it's my favorite CIS past time

Anybody but Marcus Arroyo (Edit: & Coley). For once, I want us to hire an OC that has 1) not recently been fired, 2) is being pursued by other P5 schools, 3) not being pushed out by their school (e.g., Josh Gattis) and 4) has a good reputation in other football circles.

Last edited:

We live in a time of the constant news feed. You have to be saying something at all times or you look like you aren’t viable. Sometimes, actually most of the time there is nothing to report so you start reaching.

Arroyo’s name has been fearfully brought up all over Canes boards because of some fans’ fear that Mario will revert back to old habits. ‘Journalists’ search boards for something, find that and run with it. For them it’s better to be wrong but first.

Advertisement
Anybody but Marcus Arroyo. For once, I want us to hire an OC that has 1) not recently been fired, 2) is being pursued by other P5 schools, 3) not being pushed out by their school (e.g., Josh Gattis) and 4) has a good reputation in other football circles.
Preach. Same with Coley.

Anybody but Marcus Arroyo. For once, I want us to hire an OC that has 1) not recently been fired, 2) is being pursued by other P5 schools, 3) not being pushed out by their school (e.g., Josh Gattis) and 4) has a good reputation in other football circles.

The only reason we even got Gattis is because Harbaugh was interviewing with the Vikings. If he didn't flirt with NFL offers, Gattis likely doesn't even come here.

There's zero percent chance Coley and Arroyo are legitimate options, like real people thought Ponce was a legitimate options as an OC last year.

Would you not say that some folks can drink heavily and perform well at their jobs? I don't care if the guy is a drunk. If he can score 40 a game then let him drink vodka out of the Gatorade bottles.
ever heard of functioning addicts/alcoholics? ****, i had a business partner for who drank himself to sleep almost every night but he did tremendous work. his personal life was a mess, a function of being an addict, but everyone on the outside would never have imagined it.

Advertisement
I don't see it with Kliff Kingsbury. I mean he was underwhelming at Texas Tech and the Cardinals. Once is coincidence twice is a pattern.

To be fair, his offenses ranked top 20 his whole time at TTU. But to win more than 5 games once while having Patrick Mahomes.
KyALYmovBRV35EQjKE.gif

He has been the same his whole career. A tiger can’t change his stripes.

Mario has destroyed offenses and players his who career. That’s a fact and all the info is out there if you want to do your research.

Now I hope he for the 1st time changes his mindset and hire an elite OC but I’m in wait and see mode. You have no clue who he is hiring so you just have hope and a dream at this point.

Nah...Exaggeration

Offenses were fine under Arroyo and trending in right direction.

I'll admit it hasn't always been roses...But all this "destroy" talk is nonsense and really exaggerated.

I’ve been praying for a The Bank post last few nights with some coaching nuggets. Hoping whoever is up there can hear me and deliver on this beautiful day.

Probably a couple days cause D$ is out looking for a new couch….money from the “ Grabass Fiired “ thread just came in the mail….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back