The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be a great hire

also a million other candidates out there that are currently employed that would be great but hard to know who's interested and who's "available" which is why most follow the connections

Advertisement
Only concern, he is a 1-2 yr and done guy. Give me someone like Seth who has been a HBC. Seth likely stays around for 3-4 years until a P5 job comes up that is a good fit vs jumping at the next opportunity.

Advertisement
I know nothing of a lot of the CIS candidates. But I didn’t know much about gattis either. Although Michigan offense was always suspect. Frost did good at OC in places he has been ( besides HC at Nebraska) only reason I say him

It's Mope O'Clock...

Angry Buster Keaton GIF

Advertisement
Kittley is definitely building his resume. Would be a nice choice for us. No idea what's going on with Mario's thoughts though 🤔

One of the best few days way back when

Gruden was joining but would only sign a 2 year deal so the expectation was he would win two titles and then the hiccup was Jay Gruden must be named HCIW but UM balked at that. Then the staff was going to be all elite NFL coaches and Gruden was going to revolutionize UM facilities with the influx of cash. Team meeting was set for I believe 2pm.

So good.

That was the "Classic Rock" era of Insydher PoRsters... we had the Vette, the Walk and the Chef all up in our space. We knew more than Paul Dee!

Advertisement
I think we all can agree that “ceiling and potential” have nothing to do with being ready to start when landing on campus. You could literally name dozens of household names in football who sat behind somebody when they first got to school… and sat behind someone less talented but had a better grasp of the system.
Cam was god awful at UF. I’m a ball fan so when I was younger I’d go with my best friend out to gator practices and scrimmages a lot. For about ten years. Cam couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn , he was the definition of cheeks. Nobody that ever saw him and Tebow play would have thought Cam was better . It’s comical to even compare at the time. Thats why people were shocked with what Cam did at BJC then Auburn. He improved dramatically.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This hire would help turn the "Mario is unfriendly to QBs" narrative. Kittley coached up The Zappening from a no-star whose only offer was Houston Baptist, to breaking NCAA QB records at WKU, all the way to the 137th overall pick in the 4th round of the 2022 NFL Draft/starter for the Pats.

Not living up to the bet he made would be my guess lol
Why not? I really don’t post here that often. I’ve generally only posted in a couple of threads discussing Gattis and the OC situation. I appreciate some of the information people share here but it really won’t be that hard to abstain for 30 days. If Mario makes a good hire I’ll stop by to give him credit, and then take my 30 day hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back