Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Brian Johnson hint/leak strategic? Hear this out. Thursday night Dennis Smith tweets a picture of Joe's Stone Crab manager - named Brian Johnson. Now it's revealed that Johnson, the African-American Eagles qb coach, will interview for the Ravens OC position. It doesn't appear that Johnson will be heading DOWN to the college ranks. IF TRUE, why the misdirection?

Manny Navarro, fwiw, revealed in an interview with Big O that Charlie Strong apparently was not interviewed for the DC opening, and as reported quickly departed the program. Navarro floated the idea (debatable) that perception of sensitivity to race makeup on the UM staff is a concern for some, particularly the local high school community. Which brings us back to the Johnson 'leak'. Just food for thought.

Oye, papo.... read these names and you'll smell some sofrito coming off your screen...

Los habichuelas:
Cristobal
Arroyo
Coley
Mirabel

But, wait, there is more...

Country Baked Beans:
Guidry

And, we got even more flavor...

Frijoles:
Addae
Smith

- What am I missing besides the rice? We got the habichuelas, baked bean, and frijoles. Why won't that make the "high school community" happy?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is dumb and was already talked about last year
Well at least you have a take. All those negging the TOPIC (for discussion) into oblivion apparently didn't see the words 'debatable', 'if true'..and whether we agree or not, it doesn't discount the perception of the high school community (according to NAVARRO). And no one's answered the question: why the misdirection by Smith?

So. I should have tried to find Candle yesterday for some questions when I was in Toledo. **** it. ***** *** *****.

That’s been the plan around Eagles circles for a week now.
Of course it was. The path to being an NFL OC is not dropping down to college and working your way back up. You stay as a position coach and either get promoted internally or follow someone who you worked with or know that is getting a HC job. Very few Joe Bradys. He had to set the college football world on fire to get an NFL OC job for a year.

Advertisement
Negrodamus was right, btw.

ezgif-5-a016638f87.gif

I’m not trying to be a mope or a conspiracy, theorist, but wouldn’t logic dictate that if Mario is still interviewing at this point, it’s because he’s been turned down by multiple candidates?

I mean, he hired a DC in less than a week. Why would this search take two months in comparison? Especially when he allegedly made the decision on Gattis months ago.
1. Probably has to do with working for Mario.
2. Working at Miami has been career suicide for many previous coaches.
3. Empty stadium weekly. And 45 mins from campus.

Advertisement
Oye, papo.... read these names and you'll smell some sofrito coming off your screen...

Los habichuelas:
Cristobal
Arroyo
Coley
Mirabel

Country Baked Beans:
Guidry

Frijoles:
Addae
Smith

- What am I missing besides the rice? We got the habichuelas, baked bean, and frijoles. Why won't that make the "high school community" happy?

Cause Unk Luke ain’t ever happy. Can’t please everyone. Only at Miami is this ever an “issue”

Advertisement

Los habichuelas:
Cristobal
Arroyo
Coley
Mirabel

Country Baked Beans:
Guidry

Frijoles:
Addae
Smith

Because Puke probably wants someone like Lice Harris on the staff rather than local kid Kevin smith. Sofla coaches love criticizing UM - a tale as old as time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back