Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think strong is a DC in todays game anymore tbh. the market spoke for itself a few times. he ended up being an analyst following the USF firing and you could say buyout but I doubt USF was paying Strong more than we were paying Manny in a buyout and Manny took a DC gig at PSU fresh off the miami firing. he spent time w urban as a LB coach in Jax and ended up being a LB coach here w no play calling. hes pretty much where randy is as a defensive coach at this point.
Agree that perhaps Strong is a bad example. Randy essentially has Strong's position at FSU, no?

Advertisement
You‘d be amazed how secretive he is about this stuff. I’d bet Rad , Zo , Mirabal are the only ones who get all the info. Maybe Smith.

Why would Smith be in the circle of trust?

Not saying he doesn’t deserve it, just trying to understand his role with Mario

Why would Smith be in the circle of trust?

Not saying he doesn’t deserve it, just trying to understand his role with Mario
08EF7CEF-1A5B-4738-9BE8-C39E3F1D844F.gif

Advertisement
1. The last time I locked one of these derailed CIO vs. The Board threads you ****ers rioted like D block at OCI when the TVs in the common area get taken away.

2. Half the people crying about CIO derailing are the same ******** who chase him around the board provoking him. He's usually not the guy to throw the first insult or slick comment. So everyone's going to act surprised when he fires off some (admittedly, typically childish) insult? Nope.

3. ~75% of this thread is a ******* derail.

My advice: anyone who doesn't want CIO derailing threads w/ message board flame wars should simply keep his name out of their posts (including obvious references to "certain posters"). And if he does fire off the handle unprovoked, report it and either I, @RVACane @JD08 @JeddTheFisch or one of the other mods/admins will boot him from the thread. But, I don't expect to see it. This board loves to poke the bear then complain when the bear angrily takes a swipe back.
Before long, we'll have to hit the people starting that **** with a personal attacks warning.

1. The last time I locked one of these derailed CIO vs. The Board threads you ****ers rioted like D block at OCI when the TVs in the common area get taken away.

2. Half the people crying about CIO derailing are the same ******** who chase him around the board provoking him. He's usually not the guy to throw the first insult or slick comment. So everyone's going to act surprised when he fires off some (admittedly, typically childish) insult? Nope.

3. ~75% of this thread is a ******* derail.

My advice: anyone who doesn't want CIO derailing threads w/ message board flame wars should simply keep his name out of their posts (including obvious references to "certain posters"). And if he does fire off the handle unprovoked, report it and either I, @RVACane @JD08 @JeddTheFisch or one of the other mods/admins will boot him from the thread. But, I don't expect to see it. This board loves to poke the bear then complain when the bear angrily takes a swipe back.
That's the realest **** they eva wrote.

Advertisement
I’m not trying to be a mope or a conspiracy, theorist, but wouldn’t logic dictate that if Mario is still interviewing at this point, it’s because he’s been turned down by multiple candidates?

I mean, he hired a DC in less than a week. Why would this search take two months in comparison? Especially when he allegedly made the decision on Gattis months ago.

Advertisement
I’m not trying to be a mope or a conspiracy, theorist, but wouldn’t logic dictate that if Mario is still interviewing at this point, it’s because he’s been turned down by multiple candidates?

I mean, he hired a DC in less than a week. Why would this search take two months in comparison? Especially when he allegedly made the decision on Gattis months ago.
I dare say because the OC is more important than the DC in today’s world. A second Gattis would be crippling to Miami as a program. This has to be the right hire.

Advertisement
I’d say….if we don’t have a confirmed hire by this time next week, something is insanely wrong.

I don’t know if he’s been turned down by multiple candidates, worst case scenario IMHO is that he’s still waiting for someone who’s undecided (Candle?) and he is willing to wait till spring football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back