Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a coach nor do I understand the process of hiring a staff for a university’s football team; however, as someone who has looked at over 800 resumes and has interviewed roughly 10 people in the last 2 weeks, I do not understand how Mario can go months with the hiring process for his staff like this. I don’t think he does himself a service with this strategy. ND just hired a legit OC in a matter of days. I’m not saying not to do your due diligence but don’t over think it either.
Every single time I’ve ever been in an organization whether directly or as a consultant, and it has a hire take this long when there have been actual candidates, it is always a reflection on the hiring manager.

this is not a good process. The only time a search really takes this long and it makes sense and can be justified is for CEO level positions when they are trying to do a planned transition months in advance, and they have the time to go through it slowly. There’s absolutely nothing about what Mario is doing that is making any degree of sense No matter what the different context and circumstances around getting rid of Josh Gattis

every once in a while when you’re an outlier, you are in fact Steve Jobs, but most of the time you’re a ******* idiot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ferman now saying Candle is still a small possibility and that window has not closed yet…

Maybe all the leaks was Mario’s way of saying we have moved on to force his decision.

Who knows!

He obviously has a recruiter like Coley he doesn’t want to give up bc otherwise I’d let my coordinators pick their guys for the most part. If he is unwilling he better have a shark!
It would be a guy unless he plans on firing or moving Mirabel, Field and/or Smith off field. If the OC also coaches QB or WR that only leaves 1 opening. It is not common for the entire offense staff to be fired when a new OC comes in. A new OC can bring whatever off field analysts he feels he needs to implement his system and gets to have a say in who is hired for any opening which in the case of Miami would be 1 guy most likely unless Mario is looking to trim a guy from teh defense staff and not replace him.

Mario isn’t moving in that direction. He’s doing the Alabama and Georgia formula. It’s one of the reasons we missed on Candle. You guys need to accept that. Mario really wants a Miami guy on this staff, it is what it is.

What makes you say that? Steele and Gattis took forever last year and either was a Miami guy. Conversely, Mario’s fastest hire (Guidry) wasn’t a Miami guy either.

Imo, it’s not just the OC that he’s trying to bring in - Mario is essentially trying to fill 2-3 positions with the OC move. The future OC will want to bring 1-2 of his guys to be on field coaches so Mario has to figure out 2-3 different positions and how they work with the entire staff.

Advertisement
Somebody interviewed for a position coach that Miami fans are very familiar with. So there’s still names interviewing that nobody in the media has an idea about. I’ll continue to believe the names being leaked are for a reason.
22C8EBA1-1A4E-405E-AB75-5C5B29EE0255.jpeg

Ferman now saying Candle is still a small possibility and that window has not closed yet…

Maybe all the leaks was Mario’s way of saying we have moved on to force his decision.

Who knows!
The fact that Candle is still an option was already reported by 247 and Mike Ryan Ruiz a couple of days ago.

Advertisement

Who knows!
Atp…I think it’s gonna be a name the media hasn’t mentioned

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, I don’t even know if Applewhite has been interviewed for sure, although that’s what sources are saying, and in the end, I don’t care who gets the OC gig like everyone does on here with their hair on fire, but it’s entirely possible that if Applewhite is being interviewed, it’s as a quarterback coach. Of course if he’s being interviewed, it could be as an OC, I’m just throwing that out as another possibility.

At the end of the day, you won’t find me pulling my hair out and screaming like a girl if someone like him or other unpopular candidates are hired, just like you don’t see me, screaming and eeking, like a teenage fan girl for the DC hire, Guidry, who apparently is a very popular hire here.

Mario has been hired to win games and bring the program back to national prominence and playoff contention. He will either do it, or he won’t. That’s all I really care about. And I realize whatever philosophical approaches he takes on offense, or defense, in the end, the aforementioned goals are going to be the ultimate judgment metric.
Best post I’ve read on this board in several weeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back