Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I've only ever seen a bottle out in the wild in L-ville and I wasn't paying $500 for it, but last night I decided to treat myself and it was worth it.

As far as OC, I'm driving from Knoxville to Destin through this "storm" today, so if anything worth knowing breaks I expect @PIPO or @WaterburyCane to text me so I can pull over and determine if I'm making happy gifs or mopey gifs.

Drive safe. You’ll see one of 2 texts from me if something breaks.

1676211478251.gif

Or

1676211776816.gif

Advertisement
I am of the opinion the OC has been hired, I was told contract was being drafted on Thursday. Usually terms are already ironed out by that point
If true, Mario has some kind of spell on everyone in the Hecht building. How in the world has it not leaked yet?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im not a coach nor do I understand the process of hiring a staff for a university’s football team; however, as someone who has looked at over 800 resumes and has interviewed roughly 10 people in the last 2 weeks, I do not understand how Mario can go months with the hiring process for his staff like this. I don’t think he does himself a service with this strategy. ND just hired a legit OC in a matter of days. I’m not saying not to do your due diligence but don’t over think it either.

Analysis paralysis

Mario isn’t moving in that direction. He’s doing the Alabama and Georgia formula. It’s one of the reasons we missed on Candle. You guys need to accept that. Mario really wants a Miami guy on this staff, it is what it is.
He obviously has a recruiter like Coley he doesn’t want to give up bc otherwise I’d let my coordinators pick their guys for the most part. If he is unwilling he better have a shark!

Advertisement
If true, Mario has some kind of spell on everyone in the Hecht building. How in the world has it not leaked yet?
Don't tell everyone in the Hecht building that would be a good start. Mario seems to like to keep things close and only a small group are involved which in turn means there is a small group who actually know anything. Add to that the fact that you really do not need to physically bring everyone in to actually interview them face to face. He could interview a coach for the OC job without the guy ever stepping foot on campus let alone the Hecht building. The DC is a prime example of going through he entire process without anything getting out until just before it happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back