The O with Perry (for one game)

I see the OP point. It has nothing to do with Perry vs King, Lashlee called the game differently with Perry and it was more effective. It looked more like SMUs offense with Bushell
Lmao bruh King just cannot make all the passes. He is very limited that’s why we suck now.. another **** up by these trash ahs corches, letting Perry walk was a stupid decision since he could’ve been here for two more years.

Advertisement
Lmao bruh King just cannot make all the passes. He is very limited that’s why we suck now.. another **** up by these trash ahs corches, letting Perry walk was a stupid decision since he could’ve been here for two more years.
Yeah but Perry does more dumb ****. If King were replaced it should have been one of the young guys anyway

Did you watch any other games Kosi ever played in or just the second half of the bowl game?

Advertisement
I know we all love King, and we're praying he recovers completely, and quickly. However, I have to say the O looked more complete with Perry in there. No, Perry is NOT better than King. I'm not saying that at all. However, the O we ran with Perry looked more complete. I think Lashlee and Diaz have asked King to carry too much of the load. I mean with Wiggins and Pope dropping passes left and right, I understand. Still, our O just looks like it's relying far too much on King when he's in there.

Is it just me? Are they asking King to do too much?
@Sebastianspipe said Manny panicked with king. he should have let them develop Perry then transition to Garcia. we are stuck now.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but doesn't it feel like Lashlee's hands are tied with King? It just seems like he's being forced to play him because Diaz put all his eggs in the King basket.

No.

Lashlee put all his eggs in the bubble screen basket like Pat Nix. Good defenses eat that **** up. This ain’t no defense Texas football.

I have been watching 2019 LSU where Brady turned bum *** Burrow into a number 1 pick.

You know what makes Brady an offensive genius? He almost never puts his quarterback in a position where he is constantly looking at the backs of receivers like the bum o.c.’s we keep hiring. He attacks the middle of the field CONSTANTLY with his route concepts but puts in counter routes to the outside that prevent the offense from being predictable. There is ALWAYS somewhere to quickly go with the ball.

When you make a qb friendly system, it does the most important thing for your quarterback: Build his CONFIDENCE.

We have watched King sling dimes all over the field, but after one bad game he can’t throw? That’s nonsense.

Lashlee is a two trick pony who can’t adjust to his qb. He can’t adjust to one of the best qbs in college football and people think he is going to get a couple of freshmen outplaying King behind this offensive line? You can’t make this **** up.

Lashlee has done nothing to show he can teach a high powered passing game without a father figure looking over his shoulder. His playcalling is killing his qb’s confidence instead of building it. His strategic failures have lead to King having no faith in the line.

We aren’t going to bubble screen our way out of this mess and destroying Garcia or Van Dyke ain’t the answer either.

He has to go back to the drawing board and put together some better quick passing plays. We need more max protect. He is going to have to adjust the rpo plays. I think King might shake off the rust and start seeing the reads better, but we need contingencies if he doesn’t.

No.

Lashlee put all his eggs in the bubble screen basket like Pat Nix. Good defenses eat that **** up. This ain’t no defense Texas football.

I have been watching 2019 LSU where Brady turned bum *** Burrow into a number 1 pick.

You know what makes Brady an offensive genius? He almost never puts his quarterback in a position where he is constantly looking at the backs of receivers like the bum o.c.’s we keep hiring. He attacks the middle of the field CONSTANTLY with his route concepts but puts in counter routes to the outside that prevent the offense from being predictable. There is ALWAYS somewhere to quickly go with the ball.

When you make a qb friendly system, it does the most important thing for your quarterback: Build his CONFIDENCE.

We have watched King sling dimes all over the field, but after one bad game he can’t throw? That’s nonsense.

Lashlee is a two trick pony who can’t adjust to his qb. He can’t adjust to one of the best qbs in college football and people think he is going to get a couple of freshmen outplaying King behind this offensive line? You can’t make this **** up.

Lashlee has done nothing to show he can teach a high powered passing game without a father figure looking over his shoulder. His playcalling is killing his qb’s confidence instead of building it. His strategic failures have lead to King having no faith in the line.

We aren’t going to bubble screen our way out of this mess and destroying Garcia or Van Dyke ain’t the answer either.

He has to go back to the drawing board and put together some better quick passing plays. We need more max protect. He is going to have to adjust the rpo plays. I think King might shake off the rust and start seeing the reads better, but we need contingencies if he doesn’t.
Actually, we have never seen him throw dimes all over the field. He is extremely limited as a passer, and always has been. Because of that, teams are daring him to beat them deep and he can not do it. His vision is limited. His arm strength is limited. His running is limited because no one fears his deep ball, or any pass beyond 20 yards down the field.

Just help me understand. How did the O look so much better when Perry came in against OSU? Perry could sling it downfield all day, and Lashlee was letting him. Are you telling me that King can as well, but Lashlee isn't letting him, thus handcuffing his entire O? Now I am not saying Perry could perform at a high level every game, as we all saw how hot and cold he could be. That being said, King does not have the upside arm wise that Perry, or any other QB on our roster has.

One bad game... If King was as good as we all hoped he was, he would have broken the UM record for TDs set by the mighty Malik. He's had more than one bad game. He's had some good games, and made some good passes, but to act like he consistently keeps a D on their heels because he can "sling dimes all over the field" is laughable.

Actually, we have never seen him throw dimes all over the field. He is extremely limited as a passer, and always has been. Because of that, teams are daring him to beat them deep and he can not do it. His vision is limited. His arm strength is limited. His running is limited because no one fears his deep ball, or any pass beyond 20 yards down the field.

Just help me understand. How did the O look so much better when Perry came in against OSU? Perry could sling it downfield all day, and Lashlee was letting him. Are you telling me that King can as well, but Lashlee isn't letting him, thus handcuffing his entire O? Now I am not saying Perry could perform at a high level every game, as we all saw how hot and cold he could be. That being said, King does not have the upside arm wise that Perry, or any other QB on our roster has.

One bad game... If King was as good as we all hoped he was, he would have broken the UM record for TDs set by the mighty Malik. He's had more than one bad game. He's had some good games, and made some good passes, but to act like he consistently keeps a D on their heels because he can "sling dimes all over the field" is laughable.

Lashlee RAN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OFFENSE FOR PERRY because he couldn’t spam that Auburn bullshyt with Perry.

The plays that work for N’Kosi work for King too.

All you guys remember are the bad plays.

I look at ALL the plays and there are patterns that lead to King’s problems that originate with play calling and the offensive line. I’m literally watching the OSU game right now and Lashlee is running the offense for Perry that he should have run with King and King would not have gotten hurt because he would have been in rhythm and not taken off for no reason.

The problem is LASHLEE and the offensive line. The freshmen cannot fix his shortcomings as a play caller. They will make plays here and there, but the catastrophic mistakes they will make because of the oc and line will have y’all frothing at the mouth to run them out of town too.

If Lashlee stays stubborn, our only hope is King shakes off the cobwebs and runs the rpo better.

We had no receivers last year and played all p5 teams. No stat padding. But hey bench King. Don’t say you wasn’t warned.

Advertisement
Lashlee RAN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OFFENSE FOR PERRY because he couldn’t spam that Auburn bullshyt with Perry.

The plays that work for N’Kosi work for King too.

All you guys remember are the bad plays.

I look at ALL the plays and there are patterns that lead to King’s problems that originate with play calling and the offensive line. I’m literally watching the OSU game right now and Lashlee is running the offense for Perry that he should have run with King and King would not have gotten hurt because he would have been in rhythm and not taken off for no reason.

The problem is LASHLEE and the offensive line. The freshmen cannot fix his shortcomings as a play caller. They will make plays here and there, but the catastrophic mistakes they will make because of the oc and line will have y’all frothing at the mouth to run them out of town too.

If Lashlee stays stubborn, our only hope is King shakes off the cobwebs and runs the rpo better.
The problem is all three. King is hot and cold , streaky. He misses wide open guys and leaves the pocket way too early then gets hit and now everyone blames the ol. Pff shows exactly what king is. This stuff of defending King and throwing other guys under the bus has got to stop. This is a team effort / mess. Just because he’s a good kid doesn’t mean he doesn’t have warts as a player.

The problem is all three. King is hot and cold , streaky. He misses wide open guys and leaves the pocket way too early then gets hit and now it’s a hit on the qb. Pff shows exactly what king is.

King is the easiest to get more production out of. He is streaky, but look what he is dealing with play calling and protection wise.

The ENTIRE TEAM is out of sync. King taking off early or missing a pass is a symptom of the problem, not the root.

King is the easiest to get more production out of. He is streaky, but look what he is dealing with play calling and protection wise.

The ENTIRE TEAM is out of sync. King taking off early or missing a pass is a symptom of the problem, not the root.
Maybe it’s what he is. The ol has made good pockets , way more than what we give them credit for.

People just can’t blame the Qb. He struggles with the rpo and has no clue whether to pull or give on a zone read. So what does that leave him as a player? A streaky qb that can scramble.

Fact is everyone on offense must get better and fast if this thing is going to stay on the track

Advertisement
Maybe it’s what he is. The ol has made good pockets , way more than what we give them credit for.

People just can’t blame the Qb. He struggles with the rpo and has no clue whether to pull or give on a zone read. So what does that leave him as a player? A streaky qb that can scramble.

Fact is everyone on offense must get better and fast if this thing is going to stay on the track

King never fit this offense when they recruited. He is capable of a lot of good things, but Lashlee wanted to build his offense on things he isn’t very good at.

He had all the tape from Houston and last year and he doubled down on King’s weaknesses as an offseason plan.

I think King is a good quarterback. Not elite. Not perfect. Not great. But when I watch Brady turn bum *** Burrows into a number 1 overall pick in one offseason doing exactly the quarterback friendly things I always advocate for, I can’t blame a player as good as King for the offense struggling when we constantly do things that get offensive coordinators fired at this level of football.

Execution doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Every play is connected to every other play. Trash coordinators try to compartmentalize it so they don’t have to adjust systems they believe in. To me it’s easy to see why King is having problems and it is not because of his height. The guru play callers do things differently. They make the game easy. They get the qb in rhythm and then he executes everything better. We hardly ever call the game in a way that builds rhythm, but when we do, the difference is drastic.

I was rooting for Manny, but I have a hard time believing he can overcome his leadership issues, so really he needs to go. So let’s bench King and throw the freshmen to the lions to fail. That will get Manny fired quicker than anything and maybe we will luck into a good coach. I like Garcia and TVD, but they won’t succeed behind this line.

But he can’t throw lol.
I think many fans are frustrated with the lack of patience in the pocket that DK showed last week. The pass rush was minimal and DK flushed himself out of the pocket and into harms way more often than not. Now it is very fair to lay blame on OC for not working levels and portions of the field (seems and crossing routes) and it is fair to say DK has some happy feet in the pocket right now.

I believe that the lack of reps over the summer and the mental toll of getting back into the fire plays a role. I do not remember DK flushing himself out of the pocket last year the way he did last week. Hopefully he regains his pocket presence.

Advertisement
Back