The O with Perry (for one game)

Advertisement
Perry is trash.

No more needs to be said. If we're N'Kosi Perry ever starts for Miami again, it will be a huge step back.

If King isn't ready to go, then go get a transfer.

I know we all love King, and we're praying he recovers completely, and quickly. However, I have to say the O looked more complete with Perry in there. No, Perry is NOT better than King. I'm not saying that at all. However, the O we ran with Perry looked more complete. I think Lashlee and Diaz have asked King to carry too much of the load. I mean with Wiggins and Pope dropping passes left and right, I understand. Still, our O just looks like it's relying far too much on King when he's in there.

Is it just me? Are they asking King to do too much?
It is obvious that Lashlee is more comfortable opening up the play-book with Perry. Yes, he asks King to do too much physically because he doesn’t seem comfortable with him on the full playbook. Perry was never really asked to run opting for more passing from him. This in spite of the fact Perry had very few opportunities to throw the ball during the season. Very telling.

Advertisement
Cometh got his shot with a real OC and QB coach, and he looked **** good, even more poised. He could thrive in this offense, but it would be best if he transferred if he wants to get enough film for pro looks. They are going to go with King next year for sure because of his leadership. I don't have a problem with it, but Cometh definitely has some skills, just needs the right fit.

I've gotta say one thing that I saw tonight that makes me okay with the backups and guys we have coming in, the offense is harder to defend when you have to defend the entire field.

Get the OL game up and some WR's, Lashlee should have success.

Lashlee is good, but he out thinks himself.

He gets too infatuated with throwing to the perimeter. The gold in this offense is in the middle of the field.

He needs to build up the middle passing game to complement the screens, run, and deep passes. I mean really get creative. Quick drops and throws attacking linebackers and safeties. Live with the occasional picks that WILL happen. If the routes are designed right, that won’t happen often.

He really didn’t utilize Brevin and Will to their max potential, and it cost us.

I think he throws a better deep ball and that works better in this offense but we dont have WR so it doesnt matter.. Lashlee should have scrapped the qb run tho.. Those are wasted plays with Kosi.. Actually OSU did a good job on them overall..
Lashlee often runs those to set up a fake an draw at a later point... they are useful and often set up big plays later in the game

Advertisement
If Perry leaves were gonna be in a bind come week 1. King needs to be on that operating table tonight. Gonna need a speedy recovery and pray he’s ready for Bama.

Cometh got his shot with a real OC and QB coach, and he looked **** good, even more poised. He could thrive in this offense, but it would be best if he transferred if he wants to get enough film for pro looks. They are going to go with King next year for sure because of his leadership. I don't have a problem with it, but Cometh definitely has some skills, just needs the right fit.

People so stuck on the past, they don’t understand what Perry just did.

He was poised and SAW THE FIELD QUICKLY against one of the best defenses in the country at slowing down spread offenses.

His ball placement was not perfect, but very solid and gave his receivers a chance at most every pass.

He never looked rattled or rushed, down multiple scores and thrown in the fire unexpectedly.

Most importantly, he didn’t put the ball in harm’s way even when under tremendous pressure. Even in his best past performances, he would put the ball up for grabs. He didn’t do that, even though everything was set up for him to be a turnover machine. Low snaps, down big, dropped passes, all out blitzes. The old N’Kosi would have have multiple picks and fumbles.

He is a good quarterback and an asset to this team. He has grown into the guy Richt envisioned when he signed him.

Advertisement
I know we all love King, and we're praying he recovers completely, and quickly. However, I have to say the O looked more complete with Perry in there. No, Perry is NOT better than King. I'm not saying that at all. However, the O we ran with Perry looked more complete. I think Lashlee and Diaz have asked King to carry too much of the load. I mean with Wiggins and Pope dropping passes left and right, I understand. Still, our O just looks like it's relying far too much on King when he's in there.

Is it just me? Are they asking King to do too much?

Perry is a better QB than King… otherwise solid post.

Advertisement
Nkosi doing well at FAU. Balled out this weekend. I am not saying I preferred him over King but he is playing very well this year.

Advertisement
Back