The O with Perry (for one game)

You aren't cold about it, but you tell them you needed more this season and they didn't get it done. You're going to play so and so more, have the next group coming in, playing time will be spread out or downright tough to find.

It sucks for both parties. It isn't fun, shouldn't be celebrated, but if I'm being real I hope to **** it happens with 6 and 8. Always want our guy to succeed, but three years of work and it's time to move on.
Exactly. Be honest with them. Tell Pope and Wiggins their playing time is likely to greatly reduced, and suggest they transfer to a program where they can continue their careers.

Advertisement
Kosi’s success tonight, was ALL Lash’s coaching.
So Kosi didn’t learn the plays, he didn’t spend hours working on his craft? He didn’t watch film? Did he quit on the team when he found out he wasn’t the guy before the season started? Did he get down on himself for that? Did he not perform when his number was called?

Thing is, if King can not stretch the field, the D is going to be far closer to the line, thus negating much of his running ability. In this O the QB needs to be able to survey the field and make the throws. Do that and your QB doesn't HAVE to be Superman.
I think King can make the necessary throws. He’s thrown some dimes this season. I will add though, King at 5-9 may not see the field as well as 6-3 Perry. I could be wrong.

So Kosi didn’t learn the plays, he didn’t spend hours working on his craft? He didn’t watch film? Did he quit on the team when he found out he wasn’t the guy before the season started? Did he get down on himself for that? Did he not perform when his number was called?
How dense must you be? Of course he did, I’m not discrediting him one bit. But put Kosi under the previous regime, what did we have?

King is way better than Perry

Lashlee called a much better game for Perry.

If Lashlee calls a game with King at QB the way he called it for Perry and we play 88 and 83 instead of 8 and 6 we average 45 a game.
King is better overall than Perry....no arguement. BUT King is not the kind of QB Lashlee prefers. King cant make alot of throws or reads that Lashlee wants. Look at the O from SMU and Uconn. They have QBs that can throw. King is a rb playing QB That being said the WRs are trash( at least the ones that play) Pope/Wiggins drop balls.... Harley drops punts..... Team would be much better if none of them play another down in Miami uniform...... Yes harley finally took his head out of his a$$ and had a good second half of the season

Advertisement
I think King can make the necessary throws. He’s thrown some dimes this season. I will add though, King at 5-9 may not see the field as well as 6-3 Perry. I could be wrong.

You aren't wrong. In particular with seeing the field the further down the field you go.

I saw the height problems early on. Clemson really caused problems by clogging passing lanes. There is a reason 5'9" QBs don't make it very often.

That being said, King is a leader. A lot of his attributes are rubbing off on other players, and that makes him special. I just think they have asked him to do too much.

How dense must you be? Of course he did, I’m not discrediting him one bit. But put Kosi under the previous regime, what did we have?

Put Brady under the previous regime? Would we have had Brady? Nah, no chance and no, I'm not saying Kosi is Brady. That Enos offense with the OL play we had, nevermind the other issues, good luck.

King is better overall than Perry....no arguement. BUT King is not the kind of QB Lashlee prefers. King cant make alot of throws or reads that Lashlee wants. Look at the O from SMU and Uconn. They have QBs that can throw. King is a rb playing QB That being said the WRs are trash( at least the ones that play) Pope/Wiggins drop balls.... Harley drops punts..... Team would be much better if none of them play another down in Miami uniform...... Yes harley finally took his head out of his a$$ and had a good second half of the season
I blame Harley for Pope and Wiggins. He is supposed to be a hard worker and a character kid. That is what he always presented himself as. If you are a leader and a character guy you deal with pope and Wiggins. The culture, as Harley said, was not to work after practice no jugs machine basically log along. All of those upperclassman can hit the bricks.

Advertisement
I saw the height problems early on. Clemson really caused problems by clogging passing lanes. There is a reason 5'9" QBs don't make it very often.

That being said, King is a leader. A lot of his attributes are rubbing off on other players, and that makes him special. I just think they have asked him to do too much.

That and you need the OL going low with a small QB unless they're physically strong enough to create throwing lanes. Chop blocks suck and while he would still need to work on his down the field passing, imagine King in a Paul Johnson offense. He has the legs to run it and they would be chopping the **** out of the DL. Height wouldn't be an issue.

I've gotta say one thing that I saw tonight that makes me okay with the backups and guys we have coming in, the offense is harder to defend when you have to defend the entire field.

Get the OL game up and some WR's, Lashlee should have success.

with Perry in and with the game that was being called for him....we literally only needed a couple of those passes that were hitting WRs hands all night to be caught and we win by at least 3 scores..

Advertisement
Exactly! I'm not saying Perry is better at all, but the O **** sure looked better. Still mad Perry doesn't understand clock management, but he did play really well tonight.

I want this O with King. Honestly, that's what I thought we were going to see this year. Instead it looked like they were trying to win King the Heisman all year, with rather ugly results because of it.
It gives you insight for how it could look with TVD or Garcia. Both are more like Perry than King.

I've gotta say one thing that I saw tonight that makes me okay with the backups and guys we have coming in, the offense is harder to defend when you have to defend the entire field.

Get the OL game up and some WR's, Lashlee should have success.
100%. Lashlee had his share of bad and great series but the poor OL and WR rooms only allowed so much.

Advertisement
Agree, but thrown in the pit as King goes down, he had a **** of a game. Honestly, I was expecting numerous turnovers, but he handled it quite well. And, the difference is coaching, Hands down.
It’s a lot of things
coaching is one of them
More weapons on the field with him.
him having been through this before as well
He’s a redshirt junior who has played a lot of football here

Pope and Wiggins have to be 2nd string. They are horrible receivers.

You have to ask them to find somewhere else to play. The experiment has gone on for too long. They aren’t magically developing competent hands and learning to attack the football.

N’Kosi was calm, aware, and made some really good decisions under pressure.

He is NOT THE SAME GUY.

He fits Lashlee’s system well. He will play very well and win a lot of games if King has an extended absence. We got to get the defense figured out.

Advertisement
Back