The O with Perry (for one game)

King is way better than Perry

Lashlee called a much better game for Perry.

If Lashlee calls a game with King at QB the way he called it for Perry and we play 88 and 83 instead of 8 and 6 we average 45 a game.
Exactly! I'm not saying Perry is better at all, but the O **** sure looked better. Still mad Perry doesn't understand clock management, but he did play really well tonight.

I want this O with King. Honestly, that's what I thought we were going to see this year. Instead it looked like they were trying to win King the Heisman all year, with rather ugly results because of it.

Advertisement
The telegraphed QB draw on 3rd and 2 every ******* time needs to be torn from the playbook, given to me so I can wipe my *** with it, then burnt on Blake Bakers doorstep out of spite.
I'd prefer lining up with Jordan Miller at FB and doing a QB sneak, then having Miller run into the QB's back side to push him forward. QB from under center. I am **** sick of QB draws from the shotgun. When you need 1-2 yards, why snap it back 5 yards so you now have to go further? It's dumb.

Well they have different skill set. So ideally Lashlee would call a different game. King is a great passers between the numbers. While Kosi arm gives Lashlee more options. King runs well so teams will load the box and force him to throw outside the numbers. So the offense will look like that with King till we get decent wr’s.

Advertisement
I was saying that all game. Lashlee was far more creative and seemed to get into a flow that we haven't seen since before he got shell shocked by Clemson. It's very clear that King is the best QB on the team, but Lashlee has far more vanilla gameplans for him than we saw tonight with Perry. Baffling.

That isn't it, vanilla game plan for King. Perry throws a better ball, at least stretches the field better. The only reason King was coming back was to work on his throwing ability.

No, they shouldn't even be second string. You push those two out the door.

Kosi looked great tonight.
Yes. How can a coach tell a kid to transfer. I am sure other teams do it all of the time.

I know we all love King, and we're praying he recovers completely, and quickly. However, I have to say the O looked more complete with Perry in there. No, Perry is NOT better than King. I'm not saying that at all. However, the O we ran with Perry looked more complete. I think Lashlee and Diaz have asked King to carry too much of the load. I mean with Wiggins and Pope dropping passes left and right, I understand. Still, our O just looks like it's relying far too much on King when he's in there.

Is it just me? Are they asking King to do too much?
We relied on designed runs too much, likely because King is a dynamic runner and OL is poor. When Perry came in I assumed the game would get so bad TVD would be inserted to get some experience. Perry played much better than I anticipated. Lashlee had to be creative and disregard designed runs.

Oklahoma State wasn’t prepared for Perry and it showed early. They adjusted some, but Perry continued to make plays.

Miami has numerous opportunities to win the game after spotting OSU 21 points.

Advertisement
We relied on designed runs too much, likely because King is a dynamic runner and OL is poor. When Perry came in I assumed the game would get so bad TVD would be inserted to get some experience. Perry played much better than I anticipated. Lashlee had to be creative and disregard designed runs.
It seems to me those designed QB runs are handicapping the O. Everyone is expecting them. Also, King is not that great of a runner. He's good, but not so good you should base your O around it. He passes well enough, and makes good decisions. They need to remove that from the playbook. I guess they will have to next year if he's nursing a bad knee.

Advertisement
Yes. How can a coach tell a kid to transfer. I am sure other teams do it all of the time.

You aren't cold about it, but you tell them you needed more this season and they didn't get it done. You're going to play so and so more, have the next group coming in, playing time will be spread out or downright tough to find.

It sucks for both parties. It isn't fun, shouldn't be celebrated, but if I'm being real I hope to **** it happens with 6 and 8. Always want our guy to succeed, but three years of work and it's time to move on.

Remember that time we trailed VT with Williams and then pulled him for Perry and the dude rallied the team into almost winning? It’s almost like...I don’t know...a game I recently watched...

It seems to me those designed QB runs are handicapping the O. Everyone is expecting them. Also, King is not that great of a runner. He's good, but not so good you should base your O around it. He passes well enough, and makes good decisions. They need to remove that from the playbook. I guess they will have to next year if he's nursing a bad knee.
Agree. King is not Vick or Murray. He can be elusive, and is fast enough to bust long runs. He’s built like a RB. I would keep designed runs in the playbook, but as a surprise, not a staple.

WRs who can’t catch and an OL that can’t block are the biggest problem with Miami’s inconsistency.

Advertisement
I was shocked how well he did coming in with almost know PT this year. In his career he has always been very up and down but depending on Kings prognosis I am now really wanting Perry back as an option. The offense didn't miss a beat besides pope n wig dropping every pass...

Stronger arm than King. Maybe more accurate on the deep ball. But everything else king is better at. Kosi can be the guy in two years though he’s a redshirt junior and this year does not count

Agree. King is not Vick or Murray. He can be elusive, and is fast enough to bust long runs. He’s built like a RB. I would keep designed runs in the playbook, but as a surprise, not a staple.

WRs who can’t catch and an OL that can’t block are the biggest problem with Miami’s inconsistency.
Thing is, if King can not stretch the field, the D is going to be far closer to the line, thus negating much of his running ability. In this O the QB needs to be able to survey the field and make the throws. Do that and your QB doesn't HAVE to be Superman.

Advertisement
Back