The nobody gives a crap update

Bill Clark took over a program that was shut down and won his conference right after taking over the team. Winners win. Not saying he’s the guy but the notion that there are schools in those conferences where mediocrity is excusable is false. The up and coming stars win at every stop.

If you want to look past FIU I’m cool with it. But you can tell me all the covid bull**** you want and I’m still not convinced he didn’t underperform last year. If he wins 11+ games this year I’m on board with him being a top coach. I’m not letting one win against a down OSU team another year removed from Meyer prove anything to me yet though
Clark’s a good coach, as is Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina. I would be concerned about both moving up in weight class but certainly wouldn‘t dismiss either one as a candidate. There have been plenty of excellent lower tier coaches who failed when moving up the P5 level. And there have been successes, too.

Miami should aim higher. Both of the coaches above should be Plan B or C.

Advertisement
I think it’s Jake also. I know TVD only had a few snaps vs Bama but my spidy senses started tingling for the bad when he ate two passes and ran instead of throwing. Like he was scared to throw. Probably over reacting and first game jitters but I know Jake would’ve slung the rock.
Bingo. TVD appears to be the guy who plays not to lose the game or his starting position. Jake seems the type to try and hang 50 on you every game and leave it all on the field.

What's his deal with Miami?
There’s no deal. He’s just in a good spot for him. He set his own expectations at Rutgers and he’s doing it again. That guy has been through a ton as a coach. He got the raw end of the deal in TB, was out fo football, took the DC job, got ran out of a job in Tennessee before even starting, and now he’s at Rutgers making 4 mil and he’s from the very area.

Clark’s a good coach, as is Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina. I would be concerned about both moving up in weight class but certainly wouldn‘t dismiss either one as a candidate. There have been plenty of excellent lower tier coaches who failed when moving up the P5 level. And there have been successes, too.

Miami should aim higher. Both of the coaches above should be Plan B or C.
You have a point with Chadwell but Clark has never had a losing record. Not even in High School. Surround him with recruiters so he can improve that part of his game but even if he’s on par with Dan Mullen per say. Book him for 11 wins a season.

Advertisement
What if the NFL comes after Mario after a great season? They’ve hired college coaches with less success.

My hope there is a “real” plan in place to actually fixing the deep rooted issues.

Starting with getting a pit bull at AD, with a primary focus on FB.

Y'all gotta stop with this victim mentality ****. Reality is we have ZERO bullseye on us. Reality is nationally we aren't relevant & teams look to us as momentum builders. Think about it. Over the last ten years how many **** eaters have you seen throwing down the u. How many commentators have you heard talk about what's wrong with us while you guys swear all of them are just hating... I'm sorry but they're not. Until we change the narrative than we just are what we are. A middle of the pack squad from a weak conference...
Reality is nationally we aren't relevant & teams look to us as momentum builders. Think about it.

I'd say this would mean a target is on your back and teams get up to play us....whereas if a team is playing Miss St or Wake Forest or Indiana or Pitt or....you get my point...or rather the point you made for me with your statement in bold above.

There’s no deal. He’s just in a good spot for him. He set his own expectations at Rutgers and he’s doing it again. That guy has been through a ton as a coach. He got the raw end of the deal in TB, was out fo football, took the DC job, got ran out of a job in Tennessee before even starting, and now he’s at Rutgers making 4 mil and he’s from the very area.
Dude straight up rejected Belichick twice, he wanted to go home and thats where hes at.

Advertisement
Reality is nationally we aren't relevant & teams look to us as momentum builders. Think about it.

I'd say this would mean a target is on your back and teams get up to play us....whereas if a team is playing Miss St or Wake Forest or Indiana or Pitt or....you get my point...or rather the point you made for me with your statement in bold above.
So we have a target cause teams laugh about how easy of a win we are? Kool story bruh

If we get molly whopped by them I'll buy out the upstairs. Well just call the place poopsies and I'll send out a mass text.
GIF by Giphy QA

What if the NFL comes after Mario after a great season? They’ve hired college coaches with less success.

My hope there is a “real” plan in place to actually fixing the deep rooted issues.

Starting with getting a pit bull at AD, with a primary focus on FB.
I was thinking that too with Rhule looking okay now with the panthers

But I’ve been reading that urban is not liking the pro game at all and might have more “health issues” and need to step away again

I think Mario is a college kinda guy… I don’t see him as an NFL guy

A few things I don't think have been mentioned regarding Mario and "Money" at the U.

1. Oregon - specifically Mario has 9.9% state income tax. Mario's $4.55mm contract has almost $500K in state income tax where as Miami has zero. Not to mention if they re-up his deal - that will be $650-$800K depending on the new salary. Florida also has the Homestead Law which is why many people make the state their primary residence.

2. Who says Miami doesn't have money? It's BS. There's a lot of money not just from the board that care. Take a look at the name on the center for athletic excellence? I know them and know for a FACT they are far wealthier than you could ever imagine and do care about the program - not millions but multiple Billions. There are people that care and have direct lines into the program and are unhappy. Another name and someone who may become the Wealthiest Florida resident if his SPAC completes is a Miami graduate - John Ruiz. Now I know absolutely zero about him other than he is a very successful attorney, but if his SPAC closes he will be worth north of $20+ billion. Definitely someone who could give back to the program and lives in the Gables. Oh wait and the most important part - his SON Alex Ruiz is a pitcher for the baseball team and his other son Johnny played at UM. If anyone knows him and is friends with him - he'd be a big call to make given making charitable donations will offset his massive tax bill!!!

Advertisement
I feel guilty for saying if this ****boys alma mater can simply skull **** us **** be on his way. We'll see if god is a cane cause the irony in the **** eaters who gave us him sending him back to the sea he came from would be beautiful & poetic all the same. Matter of fact I'll say it now. If fspoo can just simply whoop us, then all y'all invited to tootsies for the after party on me. Champagne rooms for everybody. & Trust I can do that.
denzel washington GIF

King fired a beauty to Smith at the end and Smith's effort was poor. And another to Brinson that was caught out of bounds. Our problem might be a lack of anyone fast enough to get behind the DBs.
Keyshawn got behind DBs last year as a TF.

It must be Strength & conditioning, if he can this year

You know, it’s really not that complicated. Miami has hired only one proven P5 head coach in the past 20 years. It’s not a coincidence that he ended his first season on a winning streak, led the Canes to a bowl win for the first time in forever, and went on a 10-0 run to start the next season WITH Malik Rosier as his starting QB. Let
That one sink in. Yeah, his son had no business being on staff, and we all know his health took a serious downward turn after that. But Mark Richt was a proven P5 head coach and he turned things around in a hurry.

That’s all Miami needs. A proven P5 head coach. Unfortunately, the only time the administration has hired a guy like that in the past 20 years is when an alum fell in their lap.

For some reason, it’s all about making something simple so much more complicated than it needs to be.

Advertisement
He needs to slap his reliable source. As I posted earlier in this thread “there’s only one name until he says no“ . If you hear anything different than Mario you’re being fed a **** sandwich.
Jesus Christ! I can only imagine how a **** sandwich taste

I believe we absolutely have the money to get Mario. The question is are we willing to go to the level I think he would ask for the rest of the operation. Staff, analysts etc.
His last two stops probably showed him what it takes on a commitment level from the administration…

Not a doubt in my mind that will be the sticking point… we have the money to pay him and maybe one top assistant

But can we get the support staff depth, more money for his assistants and of course more commitment on upgrading football facilities (because that’s a never ending cycle of needing a remodel in stuff you have”

His last two stops probably showed him what it takes on a commitment level from the administration…

Not a doubt in my mind that will be the sticking point… we have the money to pay him and maybe one top assistant

But can we get the support staff depth, more money for his assistants and of course more commitment on upgrading football facilities (because that’s a never ending cycle of needing a remodel in stuff you have”
Yep. He is not going to make the move and risk his career unless he has what he needs to succeed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back