The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
Did you know Pete Carroll lost six (6) games to unranked conference opponents, when USC was ranked in the Top 5? Multiple losses in season. Top-ranked USC lost at home to unranked Stanford as a 41-point favorite.

Evaluating Mario from his FIU days is just dumb. FIU had only been a program for five years. No one is going to win there. Even Butch is only a game or few over .500, a sign of excellent coaching given the locale.

1-0 vs. Manny, BTW.

Bill Clark took over a program that was shut down and won his conference right after taking over the team. Winners win. Not saying he’s the guy but the notion that there are schools in those conferences where mediocrity is excusable is false. The up and coming stars win at every stop.

If you want to look past FIU I’m cool with it. But you can tell me all the covid bull**** you want and I’m still not convinced he didn’t underperform last year. If he wins 11+ games this year I’m on board with him being a top coach. I’m not letting one win against a down OSU team another year removed from Meyer prove anything to me yet though

He isn’t tops on my wishlist but as far as realistic candidates, we could do much worse. We would be disciplined, tough as sh*t and have an actually identity.
It’ll be more than that. We would actually compete if he ever landed the right QB. I don’t think he would answer the phone though. I would’ve added him to my thread if I thought he would.

Bill Clark took over a program that was shut down and won his conference right after taking over the team. Winners win. Not saying he’s the guy but the notion that there are schools in those conferences where mediocrity is excusable is false. The up and coming stars win at every stop.

If you want to look past FIU I’m cool with it. But you can tell me all the covid bull**** you want and I’m still not convinced he didn’t underperform last year. If he wins 11+ games this year I’m on board with him being a top coach. I’m not letting one win against a down OSU team another year removed from Meyer prove anything to me yet though
So did winning 12 games, his conference and the Rose Bowl in 2019 not happen?

Advertisement
So did winning 12 games, his conference and the Rose Bowl in 2019 not happen?

Harbaugh lost one game and won the Orange Bowl with a top QB at Stanford…

Like a said, if he continues playing well and finishes the year strong I’m on board, just want to be sure he’s not just a dude who had a good season once

I feel guilty for saying if this ****boys alma mater can simply skull **** us **** be on his way. We'll see if god is a cane cause the irony in the **** eaters who gave us him sending him back to the sea he came from would be beautiful & poetic all the same. Matter of fact I'll say it now. If fspoo can just simply whoop us, then all y'all invited to tootsies for the after party on me. Champagne rooms for everybody. & Trust I can do that.
Danny Devito Smh GIF

I will gladly accept a loss to every team except that game. Either he gets fired before that game or he wins that game and then gets fired one or two games after that FSPoooo game. But I will not accept a loss to them whether it’s Manny or some interim coach.

His agent doesn’t need to stoke anything , everybody in college football knows who Miami wants and who they’ll be calling first.
Cribby, your posts have been dead on about the situation faced by the Board and the people on it who wanted Mario after CMR left and want him now, but there’s something to consider:

What’s Oregon (and Mario) going to look like in a playoff environment after Dabo or, just as likely, Saban get done with him? Oregon is a great team. But has he been able to build them into an elite club? If I’m on the BOT, that’s the question I’m asking.

A lot depends on how serious this Board is going forward about cleaning the stables. And I’ll definitely yield to your insights on that.

Mario’s job, of course, is to run the table out there. His agent will do the rest. JMHO.

No, but you created parameters where you could exclude certain candidates and ONLY include your candidates. Nobody gives a **** if a guy has coached at the NFL level, the list of "only good in the NFL or only good in college" FAR EXCEEDS guys who have succeeded as coaches in BOTH the NFL and college.

Bill O'Brien - TWO years as a college head coach. Memorable quote: "I'm not a one-and-done guy. I made a commitment to these players at Penn State and that's what I am going to do. I'm not gonna cut and run after one year, that's for sure." Oh, so he stayed for TWO years, thus he is a man of his word. But, sure, sure, he's a 1-year (3-GAME) product of the Nick Saban Reform School for Coaches, so we should definitely take him...

Lane Kiffin - 5-15 (in 1.25 years) as an NFL head coach. This is where you really give away how ridiculous your "qualifications" are, and how desperate you are for "criteria" which include Kiffin and exclude Mario. What a joke.

Greg Schiano - I'm not against Schiano, he has actually coached for Miami, so he'd know what he's getting into. But he is a Jersey guy, and Rutgers (now) is in the Big 10, not the Big East. No reason for him to move. Culturally, he has found his dream job (again).

Matt Rhule - yeah, a guy who is 2-0 in the NFL is a HIIIIIIGHLY likely candidate. If you're HIIIIIIGH.

Matt Campbell - the first decent and possible name that you've mentioned.

Luke Fickell - the guy has never coached in the NFL.

So you propose some ridiculous criteria and then float a bunch of names, only one of which qualifies and would even consider the job. And FOR THIS you think that we should not "rush" into hiring Mario, but should instead conduct some sort of exhaustive "search" of candidates who would be uninterested in the job?

Hilarious. We have the most REALISTIC fans...

I love Matt Rhule. That guy can coach.

Advertisement
I feel guilty for saying if this ****boys alma mater can simply skull **** us **** be on his way. We'll see if god is a cane cause the irony in the **** eaters who gave us him sending him back to the sea he came from would be beautiful & poetic all the same. Matter of fact I'll say it now. If fspoo can just simply whoop us, then all y'all invited to tootsies for the after party on me. Champagne rooms for everybody. & Trust I can do that.
Already renaming the place…

D3C264F0-26B2-4233-AAE5-4530C2665BE1.jpeg

His agent doesn’t need to stoke anything , everybody in college football knows who Miami wants and who they’ll be calling first.
Even if he were open to coming, Is us paying the $9m buyout plus the $7-8m per within reality?

Advertisement
Agreed. Schiano gets us better, tougher and more disciplined, but there's still a ceiling with him.
Imagine if Manny could do that. We'd be 2-1 and the overall CIS board would completely different....hopeful and optimistic at the very least.

Advertisement
It’ll be more than that. We would actually compete if he ever landed the right QB. I don’t think he would answer the phone though. I would’ve added him to my thread if I thought he would.
What's his deal with Miami?

Even if he were open to coming, Is us paying the $9m buyout plus the $7-8m per within reality?

I don’t think he’d get offered that kind of dough. UofO doesn’t even pay him that. As for Paying out 9m buyout and manny’s meager buyout plus a new staff? Yes, tje math works when you look at the overall ROI.

Advertisement
Back