The maturing of Manny

Advertisement
And don't forget North Carolina, 4th & 17 with less than 90 seconds left. Oh and do you recall, Ga. Tech in Miami using the fake punt? Great players can overcome a lot of challenges, poor leadership is not one of them

You can't blame the fake punt on the coaches. They called the punt safe coverage defense when you suspect a fake is coming. DJ Ivey just decided not to cover his guy

Lol
Nope, Manny lost to FIU and LaTech.......I will not Fall for the off season champ routine until at the very least he wins a conference championship.
😂
You’re delusional.
You won’t think he’s a good coach until he beats Clemson?? Lmao
AT THE VERY LEAST?!!
We ain’t even been to the conference ship yet.

Offseason means very little to me when your last game was a loss to LA Tech.

10000% wrong. Offseason means EVERYTHING when your last game was a loss to LA Tech. Ending with a loss like that means the coach better take a hard look at the program and fix the problems ASAP. So far Diaz has done everything that I think needed to be done. The only thing that Diaz didn't change that I would have I changed is upgrading from Rumph. Looks like Diaz actually thought of that too, apparently he was on the verge of replacing Rumph but the plan fell through so they had to do last second 180. If he'd done that, then he would have checked every single box on the "changes I want to see" worksheet. If I had an employee who failed, then I gave him a giant list of things I wanted to see improve, and he came back a week later with every box checked off, I'd be damned impressed with the effort. Obviously, I'd still need to see the final results, but the performance improvement program was my design so I have to believe it will work.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And don't forget North Carolina, 4th & 17 with less than 90 seconds left. Oh and do you recall, Ga. Tech in Miami using the fake punt? Great players can overcome a lot of challenges, poor leadership is not one of them
Both those were player mistakes. 4th and 17 go watch what Bandy was doing freelancing instead of playing the defense..the fake punt..u would have a point if we had a return call on or a block punt call..we were in punt safe. That’s a call that comes from the coach. It was the correct call. Everyone was alert for the fake except 1 player who took a play off..out the mistakes Manny made and there was a list the fact that our fan base point to these two All the time is...well what I’d expect from fans lol

10000% wrong. Offseason means EVERYTHING when your last game was a loss to LA Tech. Ending with a loss like that means the coach better take a hard look at the program and fix the problems ASAP. So far Diaz has done everything that I think needed to be done. The only thing that Diaz didn't change that I would have I changed is upgrading from Rumph. Looks like Diaz actually thought of that too, apparently he was on the verge of replacing Rumph but the plan fell through so they had to do last second 180. If he'd done that, then he would have checked every single box on the "changes I want to see" worksheet. If I had an employee who failed, then I gave him a giant list of things I wanted to see improve, and he came back a week later with every box checked off, I'd be damned impressed with the effort. Obviously, I'd still need to see the final results, but the performance improvement program was my design so I have to believe it will work.
What did rumph fail at?

What did rumph fail at?

I don't think he's pulling his weight in recruiting. CIS posters who say they are close to the program allege that Rumph has zero interest in recruiting. He's a good technical coach so he's not a complete liability. Upgrading from Rumph wouldn't be my top priority (def not on the level of canning Enos) but I think it will have to be done eventually.

Advertisement
Oh I do as well. My point was to not expect assistant coaches, especially analysts, to have that much of an impact on players. It all starts at the top.
Assistant coaches and analyst are around players way more than 60 minutes of a game. Hyppolite has been at player workouts sweating, screaming and spitting 😂(Some won’t get that joke) right before the pandemic hit. It’s easy to assume that guys like these don’t play much of a role on current players but in life you meet guys who make you wanna run through a mahogany door and build confidence while doing it. These are those guys my man.

Man keep it 100. Jimbo left that sinking ship. They had reschedule a terrible school just to be bowl eligible in jimbo last year. They program has gotten soft. Only kids i would take off they team is marvin wilson, terry and the kid in the secondary.
All that **** trash!!

Assistant coaches and analyst are around players way more than 60 minutes of a game. Hyppolite has been at player workouts sweating, screaming and spitting 😂(Some won’t get that joke) right before the pandemic hit. It’s easy to assume that guys like these don’t play much of a role on current players but in life you meet guys who make you wanna run through a mahogany door and build confidence while doing it. These are those guys my man.
They just have a bigger impact when there is competency at the top. Here's hoping Manny grows into that role, and soon.

I don't think he's pulling his weight in recruiting. CIS posters who say they are close to the program allege that Rumph has zero interest in recruiting. He's a good technical coach so he's not a complete liability. Upgrading from Rumph wouldn't be my top priority (def not on the level of canning Enos) but I think it will have to be done eventually.
We have CIS members close to the current program?..as far as his recruiting, I think that’s overstated a tad bit..he’s pulled a 4star in every class since he’s been here..it hasn’t been as bad as it’s been made out to be..everyone in that CB rotation will be a 4star this upcoming szn..we act like we have mike Williams, davon Johnson, and lee chambers getting snaps with Alonzo highsmith jr and kacey Rogers playing single High🤷🏾‍♂️..so I’ve seen worse..could it be better, yes. But I’d say there’s a greater chance of it being worse then us pulling LSU CB classes annually

Advertisement

No offense but none of that **** matters if you don’t win. Tired of all the BS. We said the same **** last year. Just win.

No offense but none of that **** matters if you don’t win. Tired of all the BS. We said the same **** last year. Just win.

None taken. But you seem to be overlooking the importance of a very important step of a 4 step process.

Step 1: take over 7 win team
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Win 10 games
Step 4: Win championship

You'd be forgiven for thinking"Better coaching" is step 2, but you'd be wrong. Thats not a practical step since in the last 40 years, only 2 coaches have taken over a team that won 7 or less and won 10 or more in their 1st year. Step 2 is make offseason improvements and you normally see if offseason improvements are paying off (or not paying off) in year 2.

Advertisement
Both those were player mistakes. 4th and 17 go watch what Bandy was doing freelancing instead of playing the defense..the fake punt..u would have a point if we had a return call on or a block punt call..we were in punt safe. That’s a call that comes from the coach. It was the correct call. Everyone was alert for the fake except 1 player who took a play off..out the mistakes Manny made and there was a list the fact that our fan base point to these two All the time is...well what I’d expect from fans lol
Players do two things:
1. What they are coached to do.
2. What they are allowed to do.

You pick the choice.

You can't blame the fake punt on the coaches. They called the punt safe coverage defense when you suspect a fake is coming. DJ Ivey just decided not to cover his guy

Players do two things:
1. What they are coached to do.
2. What they are allowed to do.

Excuses are the monuments of nothingness; they build bridges to nowhere ...

Advertisement
Back