The maturing of Manny

Without singling out the differences Manny is one year older and one year wiser. He is doing all the things now he needs to do to get Miami in a winning place. I had my doubts he seemed more like a cheerleader and thought he could will the Miami mystique and parlay that into victories. Never did I think he could transition to a top college coach but he has realized you need great coaches and modern like schemes and players he had to get to run those schemes. He has recommitted to the thinking that we must get the great South Florida kids and he is on his way. What I am saying here is what we all are thinking. And this op is convinced and excited something I was not a year ago. Manny seemed over his head but now he seems grounded and has potential to be one of the best. Adversity can be what ultimately drives you down or make you adjust open your mind and think out of the box...we shall see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Without singling out the differences Manny is one year older and one year wiser. He is doing all the things now he needs to do to get Miami in a winning place. I had my doubts he seemed more like a cheerleader and thought he could will the Miami mystique and parlay that into victories. Never did I think he could transition to a top college coach but he has realized you need great coaches and modern like schemes and players he had to get to run those schemes. He has recommitted to the thinking that we must get the great South Florida kids and he is on his way. What I am saying here is what we all are thinking. And this op is convinced and excited something I was not a year ago. Manny seemed over his head but now he seems grounded and has potential to be one of the best. Adversity can be what ultimately drives you down or make you adjust open your mind and think out of the box...we shall see.
you make some valid points. Hopefully we have a season and all get to see Manny's "maturity" on the scoreboard!

Advertisement
1.) infuse more talent at the OT position..check
2.) get a mature QB in that room..check
3.) infuse momentum on the trial..check
4.) close his 1st recruiting class well..if u include the transfers..double check
5.) add energy to that offensive side of the ball..check check

now it’s just about seeing improvement..stacking talent and ball

While impressed w/ the 2020-2021 off season, pls recall he was given the nickname “El Jefe” based upon his 2019-2020 off season.

I feel these threads happen every year; the hype w/ no basis. We’ve been the off season recruiting and personnel champs for a while. If we have football, the pressure will be surely on Diaz. If we have a successful season, then I think we can finally turn the corner. But if we have another mediocre to disappointing season, we’re going to be screwed. Manny ain’t getting fired this yr; not w/ all this lost revenue; so we gotta hope he’s learned his lesson.

Ive always been the believer to never hire from a failed regime b/c the data supports that majority of the time, the failures will remain cyclical. However, every blue moon that data is not supported; here’s hoping Diaz is more Dabo and less Shannon.

Advertisement
He gets every possible accolade I can think of for what he's done since the end of the season.

They mean nothing if he doesn't win going forward. Lose like last year again and he should be gone.

I'm all for giving accolades for the things any coach gets right, but to claim he has "matured"...well, I'm not sure the basis in reality for such a comment, except year 2 vs. year 1 necessarily means you have one more year under your belt.

I know one thing, if we do have any sort of season this year, it appears "warm up" / cream puff games are out...so he better have 'em ready to roll.

UM

Advertisement
I’m just hoping we have a season. Manny has definitely crushed this off-season and matured in his position. I’d like to see it translate onto the field. I believe it will too.

He gets every possible accolade I can think of for what he's done since the end of the season.

They mean nothing if he doesn't win going forward. Lose like last year again and he should be gone.
Exactly. He’s won the off season again. Now let’s see what he does with our win loss record. Everyone here should still be in wait and see mode until then.

The biggest difference in Manny from what I see is he is running his mouth much less and letting his actions do the speaking. I tend to like that.

Nope, Manny lost to FIU and LaTech.......I will not Fall for the off season champ routine until at the very least he wins a conference championship.
And don't forget North Carolina, 4th & 17 with less than 90 seconds left. Oh and do you recall, Ga. Tech in Miami using the fake punt? Great players can overcome a lot of challenges, poor leadership is not one of them

Advertisement
Back