The love for Virginia is baffling

Advertisement
I didn't catch any of the game vs Pitt on Saturday but after a week of listening to national podcasts and reading articles I assumed this was a dominant win. They managed 300 yds of total offense, were down by a point at half to a terrible Pitt team and scored a TD with 30 seconds left. Pickett was horrendous as well. Last year they beat us by 3 points after we held them to 250 total yds. I really love this narrative that's building nationally that UVA is the clear coastal favorite and probably the second best team in the ACC but I'm not sure what they've done to earn it other than writers are sick of being let down by Miami and they don't trust them.

"writers are sick of being let down by Miami and they don't trust them."

Can't argue with that

Earned or not this love for ACC's teams is good for us. UM will get a nice bump when we beat UNC and if UVA can keep the national narrative on their side and we beat them that will be another good win for us. Narrative building is a important tool for Manny to bring MIami to the big boys table

I want Virginia to be rated in the Top 20 by the time Miami meets them on the gridiron. hUh. That way I can read the national college pigskin pundits opine how mighty Virginian was OVERRATED and take away from Miami's win.

I didn't catch any of the game vs Pitt on Saturday but after a week of listening to national podcasts and reading articles I assumed this was a dominant win. They managed 300 yds of total offense, were down by a point at half to a terrible Pitt team and scored a TD with 30 seconds left. Pickett was horrendous as well. Last year they beat us by 3 points after we held them to 250 total yds. I really love this narrative that's building nationally that UVA is the clear coastal favorite and probably the second best team in the ACC but I'm not sure what they've done to earn it other than writers are sick of being let down by Miami and they don't trust them.

Let the season play out.

Bronco is one **** of an organizational leader.

Advertisement
We as the Canes have to win out and EARN respect from the media.
Too often they go out on a limb, and pump our Canes to end up having egg on their faces. Herbie...gameday.
Too often we lose the crucial game, and also the throw away automatic win games, disappointing our fans and others...Pitt.
So, in order to build credibility, we need to blow out our opponents with OUTRAGEOUS scores, to get attention, and get our due pub.
If we play in the ACCC we should rep out and play TNM, and not **** the bed as we have so many times.......Clemson, and in our Bowl, TWICE Wisky,
We have some catching up to do in order to be consistent and close to Elite, but with Manny, Enos and Baker we should be on our way.
That being said.......Virginia........mehhhhhhhh... Canes win, easily.

Earned or not this love for ACC's teams is good for us. UM will get a nice bump when we beat UNC and if UVA can keep the national narrative on their side and we beat them that will be another good win for us. Narrative building is a important tool for Manny to bring MIami to the big boys table
Absolutely. I hope Virginia is ranked when we play them.

I'm done whining about the respect / air time / column inches other programmes are getting.

We need to get our own house in order before concentrating on others. Just ******* win and play well.

Advertisement
They are similar to us under Rosier but better coached. Their QB is trash but he can run and is tough. Defense is really solid and they are well coached.

I'll be surprised if PITT and DUKE win more than 3 ACC games combined.

Until we beat these teams let them chirp...makes pounding their asses that much sweeter.

Don’t forget Virginia’s only TD drive was 10 yards off a returned INT
And after that play their receiver fumbled and we recovered it on the sideline in bounds yet they didn’t even give the play a review. Uva scored a td literally a few plays later

Last edited:
Advertisement
UVA is well coached, does not beat themselves... penalties and TO's, solid "D"
staff does an excellent job in player development as well.

We got them where we want them. Manny is playing 8D Chess. Virginia is under estimating us right and then BAM Manny ***** them up. Coastal Championship rings here we come.

Advertisement
UVA is an 8 point favorite against FSU this week. Guess the oddsmakers have no idea what they're talking about either.

Saw the condensed game on youtube and we should be 7 to 10 favorites for both games .

UF was the toughest game of year
UNC 3rd toughest
FSU 2nd toughest

Advertisement
Back