The love for Virginia is baffling

Sabetta

Junior
Premium
I didn't catch any of the game vs Pitt on Saturday but after a week of listening to national podcasts and reading articles I assumed this was a dominant win. They managed 300 yds of total offense, were down by a point at half to a terrible Pitt team and scored a TD with 30 seconds left. Pickett was horrendous as well. Last year they beat us by 3 points after we held them to 250 total yds. I really love this narrative that's building nationally that UVA is the clear coastal favorite and probably the second best team in the ACC but I'm not sure what they've done to earn it other than writers are sick of being let down by Miami and they don't trust them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bronco is a respected coach, they returned a lot of guys, and tons of the media thinks their qb is way better than he is. Combined that with the talking heads being burned out on the Miami is back narrative only to see us sh-t the bed year after year, and im not surprised at all by the predictions.

Regardless, we have to beat the hoos to get to Charlotte, so I hope their hype train continues to build.

Good HC
Senior dual threat QB
8 returning starters from a top 20 defense
13 days to prepare for Miami

Hopefully by then our offense, Silvera, Bolden, Joyner will be in full swing.

Advertisement
Caught some of the game and wasn't impressed. They look slow on offense but that defense looks tough, especially the secondary.

Let’s be real, Miami has yet to prove people otherwise. Year in and year out we have significantly more talented teams and have one ACCCG appearance to show for it. Win the games you’re supposed to and the media will shut up and start respecting us again. I think we’ll beat UVA decisively but we really have not given the media a reason to believe that.

I don't really expect any team to look great in their first game. Having said that, I can't understand the effusive praise their receiving, other to assume its wishful thinking on the part of the media.

Virginia is their last line of defense before having to admit we're any good.

Advertisement
UVa scored on their first 2 possessions, and Pitt scored going into the half to make it 14-13, & UVa held Pitt scoreless in 2nd half. Perkins completed 58% of his passes with 2 TD's 0 INT's, and he led the team with 18 carries for 44 yds. The next closest was the RB with 10 carries for 66 yds.
Looks like Bronco is trying to showcase Perkins in the Opener.

Looking back on last years team they went 8-5 and their big wins were UM (7-6), Duke(8-5), USCe(7-6), nothing impressive there.

I'm not sure why all the Hype they're getting but UM definitely is a much more talented team than UVa, and by the time we play them in October we should be Cranking on all Cylinders!!

I hope that hype train continues all the way to 10/11. I watched the entire Virginia and Pitt game and came away just as unimpressed with Virginia as I was last year, even with our meltdown loss to them.

I will be traveling down to South Florida to personally witness the derailment of their **** hype but more like hope train.

The perception of Virginia by their fanbase and the national media....

giphy (12).gif

Reality......

tumblr_n4id8mc2rV1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Advertisement
For all the talk about how Miami hasn't been to the conference championship game enough, Virginia has never gone. They've actually done LESS to show the media that they should be respected.

Advertisement
Back