The love for Virginia is baffling

Advertisement
They are a "decent" team that, like all the other teams in the Coastal, attempts to play disciplined, mistake-free football. They wait for Miami to make brutal brain-dead errors, and then they try to capitalize. This is why Miami has so much trouble with these teams.

He comes from a football family and he’s a media favorite.
If he was that good I assume he would’ve won something by now. A lot of these coaches from these conferences win and get hyped up for a few top 25 rankings.
The media dudes love nothing more than the “I told you so moment”. They’re banking on being right and are following the heard.

The Washington / DC metro area is desperate for any kind of winner... they are always pumping up the sports teams.

If this really is TNM, there will be something about The Rock that night. Friday night at the Rock for a team who doesn’t play in many hostile environments?

Advertisement
I watched it. They're exactly what people expect them to be. Physical, well coached, with a very good defense. On offense, Perkins doesn't make mistakes and is efficient if unspectacular. Exactly what you need when you're well coached and disciplined.

He now has the longest streak in all of college football without throwing an INT. But we get them at The Rock, at night, on a frenzied Friday. There will be blood.

This is perfect and like many I hope this is the narrative. Let them have all the expectations because when the expectations are on us as a program we’ve wilted the past 15 years. Let the pressure be on them I say

Advertisement
You should talk to the guy that told me perkins won them the game last year against us.

Bronco is a respected coach, they returned a lot of guys, and tons of the media thinks their qb is way better than he is. Combined that with the talking heads being burned out on the Miami is back narrative only to see us sh-t the bed year after year, and im not surprised at all by the predictions.

Regardless, we have to beat the hoos to get to Charlotte, so I hope their hype train continues to build.
The returned a lot of guys on defenses but not on offense

Advertisement
I didn't catch any of the game vs Pitt on Saturday but after a week of listening to national podcasts and reading articles I assumed this was a dominant win. They managed 300 yds of total offense, were down by a point at half to a terrible Pitt team and scored a TD with 30 seconds left. Pickett was horrendous as well. Last year they beat us by 3 points after we held them to 250 total yds. I really love this narrative that's building nationally that UVA is the clear coastal favorite and probably the second best team in the ACC but I'm not sure what they've done to earn it other than writers are sick of being let down by Miami and they don't trust them.

UVA isn’t good at all. They’re only the CoaRstal favorites because the division is so atrocious.

Advertisement
Let’s be real, Miami has yet to prove people otherwise. Year in and year out we have significantly more talented teams and have one ACCCG appearance to show for it. Win the games you’re supposed to and the media will shut up and start respecting us again. I think we’ll beat UVA decisively but we really have not given the media a reason to believe that.

While everything you said about Miami is true....it's also pretty much true for UVA as well. They have yet to win the Coastal, in fact, they are the only Coastal team to never win the Coastal. They have shown nothing over the years either. So do we have question marks? Absolutely. But the weird view that UVA is the team to beat ignores the many question marks about that team.

Advertisement
Back