The Jacory Thread Got Me Thinkin

Advertisement
Kaaya with an oline that doesn’t get a ***n molar knocked out his mouth

Then Morris.

Advertisement
Kaaya.

Morris had a cannon but couldn’t make an accurate throw to save his life.

Fisch ran a very simple system that aided QB’s and he only had a 57% rate of completion in 2012.

That’s atrocious.

Keep in mind, Jacory completed 65% of his passes in the same system the year prior.

Advertisement
I want to say Kayaa so bad because he has the best decision making and arm talent... BUT man he would literally die behind this Oline. So yeah, I think Morris would be good enough to at least sniff the playoffs.

Advertisement
If you could bring back one of our many underperforming QBs, as a brand new enrollee, who would you pick?

Any QB between Kyle Wright and ending with Jarren

The Kyle Wright that I followed during recruiting and wrote about when he was a 5-Star at Monte Vista High—that kid had superstar written all over him.

The he got to Miami—which he chose over Southern Cal and Texas, when both were on top. (He'd have been a second-stringer at either for the 2005 national title game, behind Matt Leinart or Vince Young)—where his career got ruined with 4.5 offensive coordinators over five seasons, and two head coaches.

Rob Chudzinski (2003)
Dan Werner (2004-2005)
Rich Olson / Todd Berry (2006)
Patrick Nix (2007)

California kid following footsteps of Ken Dorsey, who found ultimate success coming to UM when it was loaded—Wright wound up with the opposite. Of all the kids from then, I'd love to see this kid given another crack as he was simply the product of inconsistent coaching and a bad era for Hurricanes football.

We played 13 games, whereas we never played more than 12 before 2002. I guess that has something to do with it. We would have played 14 games in 2017 for the first time in school history if the Arkansas State game hadn’t been cancelled. That would have made his TD record even harder to break, assuming he threw at least one TD in that game.

Plus Mark Richt’s offense was so pass-centric.

And obviously offensive production is much higher now than it was just a decade ago.

I still struggle to figure out how Malik Rosier with Jon Richt as QB coach has the TD record, but there are a few possible explanations.
The defense creating an abnormally high amount of turnovers that year probably helped.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The OPs original question was which underperforming QB would you bring back. People are answering Kaaya and Morris, sorry these 2 don't fall under the category of underperforming. They both were good players.

Advertisement
Back