The Jacory Thread Got Me Thinkin

Same. I mentioned it to a buddy of mine a few weeks ago and he said "I thought Miami was known for their QBs?" I had to hit him with the "its easier to score now then it was back in the day" excuse. But in the back of my mind I thought to myself. It really is embarrassing that the worst P5 qb in CFB history is the record holder at our school.
If king stays healthy this year , I think he shatters that record

Advertisement
If you could bring back one of our many underperforming QBs, as a brand new enrollee, who would you pick?

Any QB between Kyle Wright and ending with Jarren
Brad Kayaa - because he would excel in the offense

I'd also be curious how a healthy Robert Marve would have performed.

Same. I mentioned it to a buddy of mine a few weeks ago and he said "I thought Miami was known for their QBs?" I had to hit him with the "its easier to score now then it was back in the day" excuse. But in the back of my mind I thought to myself. It really is embarrassing that the worst P5 qb in CFB history is the record holder at our school.
Worst in history? I get you don't like Rosier and he DID stink up the place at times but no way is he the woat. It's not even close.

Advertisement
The Kyle Wright that I followed during recruiting and wrote about when he was a 5-Star at Monte Vista High—that kid had superstar written all over him.

The he got to Miami—which he chose over Southern Cal and Texas, when both were on top. (He'd have been a second-stringer at either for the 2005 national title game, behind Matt Leinart or Vince Young)—where his career got ruined with 4.5 offensive coordinators over five seasons, and two head coaches.

Rob Chudzinski (2003)
Dan Werner (2004-2005)
Rich Olson / Todd Berry (2006)
Patrick Nix (2007)

California kid following footsteps of Ken Dorsey, who found ultimate success coming to UM when it was loaded—Wright wound up with the opposite. Of all the kids from then, I'd love to see this kid given another crack as he was simply the product of inconsistent coaching and a bad era for Hurricanes football.
Kyle Wright processed coverages at a slower rate than rosier or Perry..he looked beautiful tho. His mechanics beautiful. He could spin it but only at one speed. He was cookie cutter qb but I’ll say the era didn’t help him at all...if I could choose just one for this offense it would be Kaaya. Sure he’d take some sacks and QBs run goes out the window but his arm talent would would get the ball out on time and on target..next would be Morris and then J12

Kyle Wright really had no ability in the first place. People citing him really have their head in the sand.

It’s hard to blame Coker for signing Wright given that USCw, Texas, and just about everybody else in the country wanted him.

However, it is a bit ridiculous how Coker didn’t get any other QBs other than Kirby Freeman. If he had done quality QB recruiting, Wright would have ended up as a 4th string QB and never saw game action. And Freeman wouldn’t have been on the roster at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Worst in history? I get you don't like Rosier and he DID stink up the place at times but no way is he the woat. It's not even close.

Freeman was definitely the worst QB. Wright and Rosier are in about a 2 way tie for second worst. If anything I’d say Wright was probably ever so slightly better than Rosier.

Considering one mediocre QB wouldn’t change much, I’m gonna go with Cannon $mith. We could use that at Miami.

Stephen Morris...

THIS!

If it wasn’t for that ankle/Achilles injury, he would have had a big senior year. Couldn’t drive the ball like he was capable of.

People also forget Jacory had a nasty injury to the thumb on his throwing hand that lingered and negatively affected his play.

Advertisement
Morris is the easy pick, but go back one more year and I would love to see what Brock Berlin could have done in a Lashlee offense...

Good pick.

He would stare down receivers, but he could fire some darts when he played from shotgun.

Kaaya in my opinion is our obvious best QB in that time. Understood the game and placed balls with intelligence. That being said Morris cause he didn’t have cement feet

Kaaya was a pure west coast quick passer.

He was so good at it, that he was not good when he had to hold the ball.

He would MURDER teams in Lashlee’s quick throw system. Literally would be a Heisman candidate.

Good pick.

He would stare down receivers, but he could fire some darts when he played from shotgun.

That's the thing, in Lashlee's O he would have way easier reads and get the ball out way quicker, plus he actually had some decent wheels if I remember. I think he would have put up gaudy numbers in an Air Raid like that. Take it further and imagine that whole 2003-2004 offense. Gore at RB, Roscoe Parrish or Sinorice Moss running shallow crossing routes, KW2 or Greg Olsen at TE... We would have won the next 3 nattys...

Advertisement
Kid took a lot of $h!t here but I'd take Kyle Wright.

Wright ran a 4.5, had a cannon of an arm, would've been perfect in this offense.

**** I still contend that we should've gone wholesale spread when Berlin was the QB.

He had an arm, but that was it. About that arm, he could throw it a mile, yet he was arguably the worst I've ever seen for us when it came to short underneath stuff. He never figured out how to take some off and hit a target with touch and finesse.

He was also.woefully inaccurate and as likely to throw an INT as he was a TD. Overthrow city was his trademark.

People seemingly fell in love with that arm, forgot everything else. I still remember being amped about seeing him in the Army game and left thinking, man I wish we were getting Leak instead.

I had no problem with Rosier. I actually liked him as a person. However, I watch a ton of other teams and have never seen a P5 QB as bad as him in my entire life.

He had an arm, but that was it. About that arm, he could throw it a mile, yet he was arguably the worst I've ever seen for us when it came to short underneath stuff. He never figured out how to take some off and hit a target with touch and finesse.

He was also.woefully inaccurate and as likely to throw an INT as he was a TD. Overthrow city was his trademark.

People seemingly fell in love with that arm, forgot everything else. I still remember being amped about seeing him in the Army game and left thinking, man I wish we were getting Leak instead.

LOL, yeah, similar to Morris, Wright didn't have any finesse to His game...I remember Morris **** near gave Henderson a concussion on an attempted screen play.

But if Lashlee is the QB coach that they say He is, He would've corrected Wright's accuracy problems...I'm of the firm belief that accuracy can be taught.

Advertisement
Back