The Jacory Thread Got Me Thinkin

Advertisement
89122272-hooded-grey-crow-in-borisov-p-ark-sofia-bulgaria.jpg

Advertisement
I really could argue a lot of them. They all have their positives and negatives so I can't really pick one with any kind of certainty.

I cannot go with Kaaya though as that guys feet negates anything he could do with his arm. He would've been declared dead this past season with his stone feet and the new OC will need someone who can move.

Harris or Morris would be my likely top two though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I find it embarrassing that he has the Miami single season TD record.

I hope that record is broken soon.

Same. I mentioned it to a buddy of mine a few weeks ago and he said "I thought Miami was known for their QBs?" I had to hit him with the "its easier to score now then it was back in the day" excuse. But in the back of my mind I thought to myself. It really is embarrassing that the worst P5 qb in CFB history is the record holder at our school.

Advertisement
Same. I mentioned it to a buddy of mine a few weeks ago and he said "I thought Miami was known for their QBs?" I had to hit him with the "its easier to score now then it was back in the day" excuse. But in the back of my mind I thought to myself. It really is embarrassing that the worst P5 qb in CFB history is the record holder at our school.

We played 13 games, whereas we never played more than 12 before 2002. I guess that has something to do with it. We would have played 14 games in 2017 for the first time in school history if the Arkansas State game hadn’t been cancelled. That would have made his TD record even harder to break, assuming he threw at least one TD in that game.

Plus Mark Richt’s offense was so pass-centric.

And obviously offensive production is much higher now than it was just a decade ago.

I still struggle to figure out how Malik Rosier with Jon Richt as QB coach has the TD record, but there are a few possible explanations.

With our recent history with QB's I've thought of this on many occasions. I'd go Morris all the way. Bullet arm but thru a lot of picks. He was severely injured for a chunk of his time too. Good but not great mobility. Kaaya was the most consistent as far as keeping away from interceptions - but was so immobile and took a lot of sacks and never played well in big games. Jacory was a roller coaster with picks and wasn't very mobile either. Williams was even more of a roller coaster with picks and very immobile. Rosier just had no business starting - very inaccurate - but fairly mobile.

Advertisement
Back