The Invisible Hand Ain’t Ever Lied

The ONE guy who actually played got picked up by a P5 program.

Our fourth string guys? Yeah not as talented. That’s why they’re not going to get picked up by P5 programs.

For all the talk about how bad our talent is, answer me this one question. All those bad teams that beat us over the last few years, all those mediocre programs that blew us out in 2022. Are they more talented? Is Pitt just loaded with first rounders? Is MTSU pushing for a playoff spot? Is Duke heading to the SEC because they dominate the ACC too often? Nah. Those teams all suck. They have less talent than Miami. Their coaches would kill to have a lot of our players.

When I say Miami has talented players, I don’t mean on the level of Georgia or Alabama. I mean relative to their opponents. This team had more than enough good players to win a majority of their games this year. And anybody disagreeing with that is either the biggest corch slurper or straight up lying because nobody was predicting 5 wins before the season started. This team, against this schedule was easily an 8-9 win team. ****, they won 7 games last year and that got the coach fired.

Are we going to miss 90% of the guys who entered the portal? Nah. They weren’t even playing so them being gone means nothing besides having an open spot for someone else. But those guys weren’t why Miami went 5-7. You can’t blame terrible on field results on guys who didn’t play. A good staff would have been able to maximize the talent available and still build a better roster for the future. These guys laid an egg and now the whole narrative is: “well we just didn’t have the talent”. Nah man. You didn’t have the talent to compete with the best teams. You had more than enough talent to at least be competitive with the trash teams on our schedule.

What necessitates talent? Star rankings or actual work? This fcking team has been habitually 7-5 since 2005. So y do u, along w/ everyone else keep toting this phrase of “talent?” Why even bring up Bama or UGA talent when we can barely beat G5 teams? I’m not talking 2022, I’m talking since 2006!

But let’s be clear on Jackson; he was a transfer, not a recruit. So answer me this Batman; why is it that EVERY transfer one yr in the program winds up being the best player? That’s red flag #1. I’ve been a Canes fan for 35 yrs, & I know the DNA of this squad. Fck Mario, homie…I called out this roster before the season started. U can’t coach up speed, my ninja. U can’t coach up size, and u can’t coach up IQ. U can masque it, which is y I SPECIFICALLY said the coaching accentuated how bad this roster was by not doing its part in scheming & hiding w/e deficiencies we possess.

U wanna know why we lost to MTSU? B/c our first 3 drives were unforced errors deep in our territory. 1st play, a stare down int. 2nd play? A stare down pick 6. 3rd play? A fumble. That’s two blue chip players who spotted MTSU 10 points on 3 possessions w/ no momentum. U know why else we lost? B/c we had a slow ***, short *** LB who couldn’t cover the flats tackling his own man, & we had a slow *** CB (4 star) getting moked down the side lines.

Now, back to this portal situation: we’ve had plenty of blue chip starters & non starters hit the road & did absolute chit. That’s not a coincidence, just like every single player who’s transferred in, immediately, became our best player.

There’s way too much tangible evidence that shows this roster, this team was poorly evaluated, poorly coached, & poorly all of the above.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What necessitates talent? Star rankings or actual work? This fcking team has been habitually 7-5 since 2005. So y do u, along w/ everyone else keep toting this phrase of “talent?” Why even bring up Bama or UGA talent when we can barely beat G5 teams? I’m not talking 2022, I’m talking since 2006!

But let’s be clear on Jackson; he was a transfer, not a recruit. So answer me this Batman; why is it that EVERY transfer one yr in the program winds up being the best player? That’s red flag #1. I’ve been a Canes fan for 35 yrs, & I know the DNA of this squad. Fck Mario, homie…I called out this roster before the season started. U can’t coach up speed, my ninja. U can’t coach up size, and u can’t up IQ. U can masque it, which is y I SPECIFICALLY said the coaching accentuated how bad this roster was by not doing its part in scheming & hiding w/e deficiencies we possess.

U wanna know why we lost to MTSU? B/c our first 3 drives were unforced errors deep in our territory. 1st play, a stare down int. 2nd play? A stare down pick 6. 3rd play? A fumble. That’s two blue chip players who spotted MTSU 17 points on 3 possessions. U know why else we lost? B/c we had a slow ***, short *** LB who could’ve cover the flats, tackling his own man, we had a slow *** CB getting moked down the side lines.

Now, back to this portal situation: we’ve had plenty of blue chip starters & non starters hit the road & did absolute chit. That’s not a coincidence, just like every single player who’s transferred in, immediately, became our best player.

There’s way too much tangible evidence that shows this roster, this team was poorly evaluated, poorly coached, & poorly all of the above.
I see not one single cap in this entire post, Uce.

So the level of the program they end up at maybe one indicator, I would look more at how they perform wherever they end up, barring injury of course.

I mean if maybe one of our originally highly rated guys ends up at a mid-level G5 program and is a below average performer there, what is that telling us? Bottom line, for me, is no matter where they end up, how do they perform?
Some just need a change of environment. I hope those in this category, go and put in the work. Second chances are only once.

Advertisement
I am highly interested to see where our portal players will end up. I have been on the “we have talent guysm!” train since about 2010, but now we get a true sense of where we stand.

I will list all of the players portaling out below along with my guess for the level they end up. I’d love to see where everyone else thinks they will land. Also an interesting exercise to see how many talent evaluation savants we have, because it seems like we have 150 senior scouts on here at times

I’m giving a range because there are some G5 teams that are better than bottom P5 programs. Definitions are in order on the levels:

Top P5: Top 20 P5 programs (hint: not us)
Mid P5: middle of the pack P5 (hint: us)
Low P5: Really bad P5 teams (hint: Colorado for now)
G5: anyone not P5
FCS: you get it

Put your guesses on record!

WR: Romello Brinson - G5 - Low P5
DT: Jordan Miller - Low P5 - ❌ SMU
RB: Jaylan Knighton - mid P5 ❌ SMU
DT: Darrell Jackson - Top P5 ✅ FSU
CB: Isaiah Dunson - G5- FCS
WR: Keyshawn Smith - G5 - Low P5
S: Al Blades Jr. - G5
S: Avantae Williams - Mid P5
S: Keyshawn Washington - FCS
S: Jalen Harrell - FCS
DT: Allan Haye Jr. - G5
LB: Avery Huff - FCS - G5
DE: Elijah Roberts - G5 ✅ SMU
RB: Thad Franklin - G5 - Low P5
S/LB: Gilbert Frierson - G5 - Low P5
S: Brian Balom - FCS
So what you're getting at is after 12 years, you're off the train that was heading to the "we got talent" station. If the station we left from was 'undisciplined, uncoachable, premadonas" well then, like they say in Maine: "You can't get there from here."

Advertisement
Advertisement
The ONE guy who actually played got picked up by a P5 program.

Our fourth string guys? Yeah not as talented. That’s why they’re not going to get picked up by P5 programs.

For all the talk about how bad our talent is, answer me this one question. All those bad teams that beat us over the last few years, all those mediocre programs that blew us out in 2022. Are they more talented? Is Pitt just loaded with first rounders? Is MTSU pushing for a playoff spot? Is Duke heading to the SEC because they dominate the ACC too often? Nah. Those teams all suck. They have less talent than Miami. Their coaches would kill to have a lot of our players.

When I say Miami has talented players, I don’t mean on the level of Georgia or Alabama. I mean relative to their opponents. This team had more than enough good players to win a majority of their games this year. And anybody disagreeing with that is either the biggest corch slurper or straight up lying because nobody was predicting 5 wins before the season started. This team, against this schedule was easily an 8-9 win team. ****, they won 7 games last year and that got the coach fired.

Are we going to miss 90% of the guys who entered the portal? Nah. They weren’t even playing so them being gone means nothing besides having an open spot for someone else. But those guys weren’t why Miami went 5-7. You can’t blame terrible on field results on guys who didn’t play. A good staff would have been able to maximize the talent available and still build a better roster for the future. These guys laid an egg and now the whole narrative is: “well we just didn’t have the talent”. Nah man. You didn’t have the talent to compete with the best teams. You had more than enough talent to at least be competitive with the trash teams on our schedule.
Luckily Mario is a good enough recruiter that this will be the last year that we debate whether Miami has enough talent to win the coastal.

Advertisement
Luckily Mario is a good enough recruiter that this will be the last year that we debate whether Miami has enough talent to win the coastal.
There is no more Coastal so that debate is moot regardless.

There is no more Coastal so that debate is moot regardless.
"Win the coastal" is now "beat the basketball schools"

Beat FSU - same as it ever was

Win the conference - We comin' for it next year if we get an elite OC

Updated with John Campbell. Fifth year OT with starting experience. Another SMU Cane or maybe Duke?

Advertisement
Back