The Invisible Hand Ain’t Ever Lied

Advertisement
First commitment comes as no surprise. Jackson to FSU, which is a top P5 right now. Good luck to his mom and family.

First commitment comes as no surprise. Jackson to FSU, which is a top P5 right now. Good luck to his mom and family.

A guy who actually played got picked up by an upper level P5 program. Pretty crazy how that works right?

Guys here making the “no talent” argument because our fourth string safety isn’t getting offers from Alabama.

Advertisement
A guy who actually played got picked up by an upper level P5 program. Pretty crazy how that works right?

Guys here making the “no talent” argument because our fourth string safety isn’t getting offers from Alabama.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. This is the guy that everyone said is a loss. What’s your point? Nobody wanted to lose this guy.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. This is the guy that everyone said is a loss. What’s your point? Nobody wanted to lose this guy.
We have fans here saying our team was trash with no talent. It’s mostly just to defend the garbage coaching staff. Their evidence is that all the guys in the portal will essentially be downgrading to a lower level school. My response is that of course our third and fourth string players will have to downgrade if they want to get on the field. Yet the one guy who actually played for us that entered the portal immediately got picked up by a P5 program. The guys who were actually playing serious snaps aren’t talentless bums.

We have fans here saying our team was trash with no talent. It’s mostly just to defend the garbage coaching staff. Their evidence is that all the guys in the portal will essentially be downgrading to a lower level school. My response is that of course our third and fourth string players will have to downgrade if they want to get on the field. Yet the one guy who actually played for us that entered the portal immediately got picked up by a P5 program. The guys who were actually playing serious snaps aren’t talentless bums.

When you turn in a paper and five of the 12 answers are wrong, you get an F. Mario gets an F.

I’m not gonna get too much into staff, only to just to say I think there’s a difference between experience/talent and cohesion, and I think that there may be more of an issue we had with the coaching staff cohesion versus their actual coaching talent, at least on paper.

Jackson is not a good example to make your point. Even teams with bad talent have at least a handful of players that could play elsewhere. He’s one of them. I definitively think we have a talent deficit due to poor recruiting/talent evaluation. And you have to admit this is a guy that came in for one year, and who brought him in?

Advertisement

So you have one guy on your side. How about waiting for all the rest before taking a victory lap. The bottom line is that the guys who are leaving were SUPPOSED to be good, but they aren't.

I don't get the fascination. More concerned with who winds up at Miami, not who leaves.

Just because a kid is a bad fit here doesn't mean he can't find his footing elsewhere—and just because a kid was decent here doesn't mean he'll be successful with another program.

Seems like a misguided effort to trash Mario if some kid leaves Miami and succeeds somewhere else. Why else would anyone be more hyper focused on those who leave opposed to those who are coming in.

Advertisement
I don't get the fascination. More concerned with who winds up at Miami, not who leaves.

Just because a kid is a bad fit here doesn't mean he can't find his footing elsewhere—and just because a kid was decent here doesn't mean he'll be successful with another program.

Seems like a misguided effort to trash Mario if some kid leaves Miami and succeeds somewhere else. Why else would anyone be more hyper focused on those who leave opposed to those who are coming in.
Its a measure of how talented we were...or...how untalented we were. If all of these players leave - and like many other former Miami Hurricanes - really just end up kinda jaggy, then, we need to understand that we just weren't that talented. We rarely have players that bolt and outperform their play here, elsewhere. Most guys at best become role players, mid-contributors, or lost in the ether. We don't have Jameson Williams 5th on the Depth Chart and he bolts to Alabama and becomes a top WR in CFB. We got a lot of dudes that are going to be mid or worse anywhere they go.

So you have one guy on your side. How about waiting for all the rest before taking a victory lap. The bottom line is that the guys who are leaving were SUPPOSED to be good, but they aren't.
I think the 14 players transferring from Alabama were supposed to be good too. Guys transfer for a variety of reasons, and it’s not always because they they aren’t good

Advertisement
Many of our outgoing transfers werent supposed to be good, they were developmental projects. Maybe 60% were supposed to be good, and some were

Balom- 3 star project
Washington-3 star project
Haye- low 3 star project
Brinson-4 star that hasn’t played like it but an underclassmen
Jackson- just transferred in
Knighton-4 star starter
Miller- low 3 star project but played
Avantae- 4 star
Dunson-4 star
Harrell- 4 star
Keyshawn-3 star that flashed at times
Franklin- 4 star underclassmen that played but underwhelmed
Roberts- 4 star that played little
Blades-4 star that was a starter at one point, played but underwhelmed
Gil-4 star that previously started

The 4 star “busts” that I have no hope for playing here long term would be dunson, Harrell, avantae and franklin.
Roberts blades and Brinson are backups

I’m not sure “one guy” going to a P5 school up North necessitates this type of post.

I’m also not sure why after transfer after transfer after transfer after transfer r fans this hard headed af when it comes to appraising this team. For yrs I asked the ?, how is that only our blue chip players stink, while other schools’ succeed? I blamed it on coaching, but some of ya’ll told me in defense of the previous coach that EVERY school have a lot of bust compared to Miami, it’s just that they have so many blue chips to cover over those bust that we don’t notice it. OK.

I’m not sure how the overwhelming majority of this board, JUST LAST YEAR, said we need an infusion of talent while we struggled w/ App St, while Brennan Armstrong was looking like a Heisman contender, while 3-7 FSU was looking 7-3 against us, but now we have all this talent? OK.

Two things can be right and not mutually exclusive at the same time; &, this is my biggest gripe w/ this fan base. Everything is not black & white. It’s very possible that we have had a bad roster that was accentuated by a bad coaching job in 2022.
-21-16 over the past 3 yrs tells me we have a lack of talent.
-28-22 over the past 4 yrs tells me we have a lack of talent
-Losing to FIU, LA Tech, Duke (5-7), GT (3-9), UVA (6-6), UNC (6-7), FSU (5-7), MTSU, A&M (5-7) in the last 4 yrs tells me we have a lack of talent
-See unbelievable, next level historic negative records over the past 3 seasons alone, tells me we have a lack of talent

So nah, a TRANSFER from another school who decided to TRANSFER again is not going to change the narrative of the quality of players in totality that have come through & donned the O&G, BUT that also doesn’t excuse the **** poor coaching, either.

Last edited:
I’m not sure “one guy” going to a P5 school up North necessitates this type of post.

I’m also not sure why after transfer after transfer after transfer after transfer r fans this hard headed af when it comes to appraising this team. For yrs I asked the ?, how is that only our blue chip players stink, while other schools’ succeed? I blamed it on coaching, but some of ya’ll told me in defense of the previous coach that EVERY school have a lot of bust compared to Miami, it’s just that they have so many blue chips to cover over those bust that we don’t notice it. OK.

I’m not sure how the overwhelming majority of this board, JUST LAST YEAR, said we need an infusion of talent while we struggled w/ App St, while Brennan Armstrong was looking like a Heisman contender, while 3-7 FSU was looking 7-3 against us, but now we have all this talent? OK.

Two things can be right and not mutually exclusive at the same time; &, this is my biggest gripe w/ this fan base. Everything is not black & white. It’s very possible that we have had a bad roster that was accentuated by a bad coaching job in 2022.
-21-16 over the past 3 yrs tells me we have a lack of talent.
-28-22 over the past 4 yrs tells me we have a lack of talent
-Losing to FIU, LA Tech, Duke (5-7), GT (3-9), UVA (6-6), UNC (6-7), FSU (5-7), MTSU, A&M (5-7) in the last 4 yrs tells me we have a lack of talent
-See unbelievable, next level historic negative records over the past 3 seasons alone, tells me we have a lack of talent

So nah, a TRANSFER from another school who decided to TRANSFER again is not going to change the narrative of the quality of players in totality that have come through & donned the O&G, BUT that also doesn’t excuse the **** poor coaching, either.
The ONE guy who actually played got picked up by a P5 program.

Our fourth string guys? Yeah not as talented. That’s why they’re not going to get picked up by P5 programs.

For all the talk about how bad our talent is, answer me this one question. All those bad teams that beat us over the last few years, all those mediocre programs that blew us out in 2022. Are they more talented? Is Pitt just loaded with first rounders? Is MTSU pushing for a playoff spot? Is Duke heading to the SEC because they dominate the ACC too often? Nah. Those teams all suck. They have less talent than Miami. Their coaches would kill to have a lot of our players.

When I say Miami has talented players, I don’t mean on the level of Georgia or Alabama. I mean relative to their opponents. This team had more than enough good players to win a majority of their games this year. And anybody disagreeing with that is either the biggest corch slurper or straight up lying because nobody was predicting 5 wins before the season started. This team, against this schedule was easily an 8-9 win team. ****, they won 7 games last year and that got the coach fired.

Are we going to miss 90% of the guys who entered the portal? Nah. They weren’t even playing so them being gone means nothing besides having an open spot for someone else. But those guys weren’t why Miami went 5-7. You can’t blame terrible on field results on guys who didn’t play. A good staff would have been able to maximize the talent available and still build a better roster for the future. These guys laid an egg and now the whole narrative is: “well we just didn’t have the talent”. Nah man. You didn’t have the talent to compete with the best teams. You had more than enough talent to at least be competitive with the trash teams on our schedule.

Advertisement
Back