The Invisible Hand Ain’t Ever Lied

Advertisement
The guys leaving aren’t starters. Most are leaving because they want playing time. If they’re not good enough to start at Miami why would anyone think they’d transfer to a better program?

Where do people think our good players might end up if they transferred? Would TVD get offers from top programs? What about a guy like Leonard Taylor?
No this is a good point. We have a few guys that were contributors that have left. But the depth guys leaning at Bama end up here. Our depth guys end up not doing anything at a directional school. But that’s our depth and guys that have to make plays when their numbers are called.

Have you seen how many kids are in the portal? Between them and the incoming freshman class, there aren’t enough spots. Unless you’re a young, presumed, elite QB sitting behind an already established guy, you have to be a starter/get starter level snaps or you aren’t going to stay on the same level as you left. That’s the nature of the portal now.

Our list of guys isn’t impressive. I mean most of them aren’t P5 guys, you’re correct. But my point still stands. Until the portal isn’t a free for all, it’s not a real indicator for anyone.

I am highly interested to see where our portal players will end up. I have been on the “we have talent guysm!” train since about 2010, but now we get a true sense of where we stand.

I will list all of the players portaling out below along with my guess for the level they end up. I’d love to see where everyone else thinks they will land. Also an interesting exercise to see how many talent evaluation savants we have, because it seems like we have 150 senior scouts on here at times

I’m giving a range because there are some G5 teams that are better than bottom P5 programs. Definitions are in order on the levels:

Top P5: Top 20 P5 programs (hint: not us)
Mid P5: middle of the pack P5 (hint: us)
Low P5: Really bad P5 teams (hint: Colorado for now)
G5: anyone not P5
FCS: you get it

Put your guesses on record!

WR: Romello Brinson - G5 - Low P5
DT: Jordan Miller - Low P5
RB: Jaylan Knighton - mid P5
DT: Darrell Jackson - Top P5
CB: Isaiah Dunson - G5- FCS
WR: Keyshawn Smith - G5 - Low P5
S: Al Blades Jr. - G5
S: Avantae Williams - Mid P5
S: Keyshawn Washington - FCS
S: Jalen Harrell - FCS
DT: Allan Haye Jr. - G5
LB: Avery Huff - FCS - G5
DE: Elijah Roberts - G5
RB: Thad Franklin - G5 - Low P5
S/LB: Gilbert Frierson - G5 - Low P5

This is nice thread and post. It's going to be revealing in many ways. Looking forward to see how it plays out.

Advertisement
The guys leaving aren’t starters. Most are leaving because they want playing time. If they’re not good enough to start at Miami why would anyone think they’d transfer to a better program?

Where do people think our good players might end up if they transferred? Would TVD get offers from top programs? What about a guy like Leonard Taylor?
Really Good point.^^

I see a lot of Marshall tier players there. Some could even thrive at a school like that facing lesser competition.

No this is a good point. We have a few guys that were contributors that have left. But the depth guys leaning at Bama end up here. Our depth guys end up not doing anything at a directional school. But that’s our depth and guys that have to make plays when their numbers are called.
You know JM. IN My opinion and it just that an opinion. I think our our old staffs probably knew that the main 5/4 stars dogs weren't coming here. Because of the known issues we had been having for the last 20 years. So instead of doing their due diligence in choosing the right players needed like ZO/MARIO are doing now. They just went by stars rankings and not by the players character and mental ability to turn it on when it was needed. And it just reared it's ugly head this year. Like some of you are saying... I honestly don't see many of the transfers getting any PT on most top P5 teams, but time will tell. GO CANES!!

Because I’m not acting like a ******* ******* to a guy starting a good thread unlike you, new guy.

1670388236354.gif

Advertisement
I'm not be a *******. I made 2 comments and left it alone. That happens in ever **** thread on here. Show me a thread any different. I do apologize to the OP for my comments I should have made them more general and not at him, but for you to act all suddenly like you care about threads being off the OP topic is laughable. Just because you and your click find it funny doesn't make the thread any less derailed.
1670388303417.gif

I know I’ve brought this Up recently in the board argument of Staff vs Players. I’ve felt the 1st problem is staff - like no way should we ever lose to MTSU - but that there’s plenty to blame on players too this past season. Some of the drool contingent took offense to this and a few of us said we’ll find out real soon what the free market thinks of our players.

I’m glad to finally see some objective forces show us where our players stack up.
Seems like the wrong thread to opine on the Staff vs Players "debate"... but heck, what do i know, thats just what RVA told me.

Advertisement
So the level of the program they end up at maybe one indicator, I would look more at how they perform wherever they end up, barring injury of course.

I mean if maybe one of our originally highly rated guys ends up at a mid-level G5 program and is a below average performer there, what is that telling us? Bottom line, for me, is no matter where they end up, how do they perform?

This is a great idea. Thank you for starting thread.
So the level of the program they end up at maybe one indicator, I would look more at how they perform wherever they end up, barring injury of course.

I mean if maybe one of our originally highly rated guys ends up at a mid-level G5 program and is a below average performer there, what is that telling us? Bottom line, for me, is no matter where they end up, how do they perform?
Agreed. Some of these guys listed don't have a lot of tape. Accordingly, I don't expect them to get great offers so the landing spot is helpful, but not entirely dispositive. If they perform well, then the question is, was the staff mistaken in not giving the player more reps/opportunity? Either way, this'll be cool to follow.

I am highly interested to see where our portal players will end up. I have been on the “we have talent guysm!” train since about 2010, but now we get a true sense of where we stand.

I will list all of the players portaling out below along with my guess for the level they end up. I’d love to see where everyone else thinks they will land. Also an interesting exercise to see how many talent evaluation savants we have, because it seems like we have 150 senior scouts on here at times

I’m giving a range because there are some G5 teams that are better than bottom P5 programs. Definitions are in order on the levels:

Top P5: Top 20 P5 programs (hint: not us)
Mid P5: middle of the pack P5 (hint: us)
Low P5: Really bad P5 teams (hint: Colorado for now)
G5: anyone not P5
FCS: you get it

Put your guesses on record!

WR: Romello Brinson - G5 - Low P5
DT: Jordan Miller - Low P5
RB: Jaylan Knighton - mid P5
DT: Darrell Jackson - Top P5
CB: Isaiah Dunson - G5- FCS
WR: Keyshawn Smith - G5 - Low P5
S: Al Blades Jr. - G5
S: Avantae Williams - Mid P5
S: Keyshawn Washington - FCS
S: Jalen Harrell - FCS
DT: Allan Haye Jr. - G5
LB: Avery Huff - FCS - G5
DE: Elijah Roberts - G5
RB: Thad Franklin - G5 - Low P5
S/LB: Gilbert Frierson - G5 - Low P5
Looks pretty good OP. What would you consider Us right now? Low to very low P5?

Advertisement
Seems like too much of a coincidence that very few are getting better over the last few years here. Hate to say it but is does seem to pint to the bad attitude thing Mario is trying to address.

Please don’t derail his thread.

K thx.
Low-key wanting a space that says "Post deleted" when mods or porsters delete so you all aren't looking crazy talking to yourself. We got national people visiting this board and I want them thinking we're all taking our medicine on time. :cool:

Advertisement
Back