The hard truth

Very emotional post. Fans act like we are a good team. We can get beat by anyone including BCU next week. Never get to high or to low when cheering on the canes. It’s 2019 not 2001. We are a very young team with some serious depth issues. I thought we played much better this game compared to the UF game.

I’ve heard we are a very young team with depth issues since 05...

Tells me that the every coach we’ve had since 05 are pure trash

Advertisement
True, but it's not like we were getting anyone one else. You know the people they were going to talk to, who was better?
I dont know the people they were going to talk to because they talked to no one. I do think that guys like Cristobal, or Stoops should have been at least interviewed. The thing is we have no idea who was interested in the job because of how it was handled.

The coaches haven’t been great by any stretch of the imagination but I’m sure players are involved in how mediocre we have been as well. I personally know it’s going to be a close game for all our opponents because we are not good. We are not there yet. I do see improvement

Advertisement
It’s definitely coaching. UNC was way worse than us last year, they also have a new staff, they have less talent and they beat us. That’s all I needed to see. I’m not looking to beat Manny up here but it looks like reality. We literally need strong coaching to win with the level of talent that we recruit like Beamer did at VT and then build from there. We’re not strong in recruiting or coaching and that’s a problem that will kill us.
100%. UNC is young and inexperienced as well especially on the line. Yet, it held up. Our supposedly great D couldn't get any penetration. Porsters were harping on about Searles and how they're fvcked all offseason. True Freshman Howell shredded our D and their bum receivers burned our DBs all night long. We lost to a basketball school who went 2-9 last year with a completely new staff, new HC who hasn't coached for 6 years, and the same amount of player talent as the 2018 team. Spare me the excuses about Manny being a new HC, installing a new offense. Maybe that's the problem, we shouldn't have someone learning on the **** job.

Our kicker was straight up in panic mode on the last third down. Another teammate had to console him. Never seen anything like this. Rumors swirling that our kicker just practices by himself because we still don’t practice special teams.

This is f*cking amateur hour

EC882611-4248-4E7C-9CE6-74CFDEA27DEC.jpeg

Advertisement
Also the HARD TRUTH: We can no longer shame these local kids for going to programs like Clemson, Bama, UGA, UF, etc because reality is Miami is just not utilizing players. It’s been like this for awhile. Can you imagine Jerry Jeudy (potential 1st pick) just sitting on our bench?! Frank Ladson? Or CJ Henderson looking trash? So now kids like Donnell Harris, Issiah Walker, etc. who chose to go somewhere else where they can win, develop, and actually be utilize... I don’t een blame em.
☝️

The real hard truth is that we are an irrelevant team and have been for a very long time. our fan base thinks that we just need to have a little bit of bravado or swag and that is enough for us to be good. that's why with every single coach that we have had since Larry Coker everyone jumps on the bandwagon like crazy because someone's talking tough. Someone's talking about history. Randy Shannon tell stories of Jimmy Johnson or out golden talks about all the former players and how they are important to keep around. every single time we play a game where we don't give up in the middle or play remotely competitive everyone jumps on the bandwagon and talks about how we're finally turning the corner or we're learning how to win. If we were learning how to win at any point over the last 15 years then it would be accompanied with wins. like I enjoyed exciting games but I don't really enjoy going down to the wire every week only because we don't have coaches that know what they're doing.

Let’s go sunshine pumpers! Get in here and enlighten some of us. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SEEING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL CONFIDENT?!?!

Honestly Jarren, and an offense with potential to be special. Maybe not this year but I think it’ll get there. I’m more worried about Baker at this point.

Advertisement
I don't get it. If "WE'RE NEVER GOING TO BE GOOD AGAIN," why do you bother to watch? Why not spend your time doing literally anything else that might bring you happiness because it seems being a Canes fan isn't for you.

Actually thinking about it with our history I think it's still wait and see for jarren Williams. Not that I don't think he's incredibly talented and should be amazing or anything. It's that going back to Kyle wright we've always seem to have a star-studded quarterback that looks like in a year or two when he gets older he's going to be a beast. Kyle, jacory, he'll Robert Marve, Stephen Morris looks like he was going to be great for a minute, Brad kaaya, even Malik play okay for a year in that abysmal Rick offense.

Just thinking about Malik if he just put up the numbers last year that he did the year before then we are 11-1 last year? Does that seem logical to anyone? Because that's what everyone's argument sounds like all the time. The answers we need coaches with experience we've done it before. Until we stop hiring up-and-comers with zero experience we're going to stay on the trash heap

Advertisement

Our junior and sophomore classes are top ten combined. This no talent thing is laughable, let’s just keep making excuses for the coaches. This was a win now team for the next coach, but we went the lazy route. Serious candidates would have wanted the job last go around but we said nah. Next year our offense is mega loaded but the guy we hired as HC left our defense with tons of holes there. Still good enough to dominate the **** Coastal though, but we won’t. Then retarded sunshine pumpers will tell us Manny just needs his guys...

Many was a lazy hire. Blake went the easy route and hired him, we will never know who was interested because they rushed the hire. I hate to say it but this program will not be what it once was for a long long time. Great another year of complaints and excuses and empty promises where and when does it end. ****!

Honestly Jarren, and an offense with potential to be special. Maybe not this year but I think it’ll get there. I’m more worried about Baker at this point.
Jarren will transfer after this season. Just get ready for it. Some halfway decent team with an OL and serious coaches is going to poach him. Otherwise his talent will just disintegrate.

Advertisement
Back