The hard truth

M3N

Senior
Get use to another 4 years of mediocre football.

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Common occurrences that are alarming:

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

I look at these things and then I remembered who coaches them.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Baker: Manny protege. Multiple stops with manny. Last stop was LA tech.

Banda: Texas n MS State grad assist under Manny. Prior experience. Bar tending

Patke: see above.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

Advertisement
Also the HARD TRUTH: We can no longer shame these local kids for going to programs like Clemson, Bama, UGA, UF, etc because reality is Miami is just not utilizing players. It’s been like this for awhile. Can you imagine Jerry Jeudy (potential 1st pick) just sitting on our bench?! Frank Ladson? Or CJ Henderson looking trash? So now kids like Donnell Harris, Issiah Walker, etc. who chose to go somewhere else where they can win, develop, and actually be utilize... I don’t een blame em.

Advertisement

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

Our staff is marginal and the worse by far in the ACC. They are amateurs. And don’t come here with the Willie the clown joke.

Patke is not equipped to be a ST coach let alone a position coach on a Power 5 team.

Manny should have cut his teeth at Temple like literally every single person in this fan base thought. Instead, the admin was cheap and lazy and went with the optics hire. And those optics were ******* great all off season so we intravenously transfused the spikes kool aid into our veins.

Now is the reality. Diaz may be a great fit as a Miami HC, but he needs to learn to be an HC first. We should have won both those games any number of ways, and instead we keep finding a way to lose instead.

Unless we pull out a crazy miraculous recovery that ends with an impressive bowl win, well recruiting is totally screwed. We'd be looking at potentially the most talented team Diaz has *right now*. Most likely, that won't happen, in which case the next most acceptable thing is for him to do a major staff overhaul, and pray we turn it around next year or its gonna be a very very long 5 years.

Advertisement
Who a coach hires tells a lot about him.
Technician stumblefield, Flake faker, Playaction penos, Zombie stroud etc, has no business being here. We should not have 2 DB coaches. 2 DB coaches and they don't equal to 1. Panda's spot should have been for a real ST coach. Jorn Shatke leads 2 of the worst units, LB and ST.

Who the administration hires tells a lot about them.
Manuela hired without a coaching search. Let's not forget about Richt getting extended after one tiny bit of success.

Let’s go sunshine pumpers! Get in here and enlighten some of us. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SEEING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL CONFIDENT?!?!
It’s definitely coaching. UNC was way worse than us last year, they also have a new staff, they have less talent and they beat us. That’s all I needed to see. I’m not looking to beat Manny up here but it looks like reality. We literally need strong coaching to win with the level of talent that we recruit like Beamer did at VT and then build from there. We’re not strong in recruiting or coaching and that’s a problem that will kill us.

Advertisement
It’s definitely coaching. UNC was way worse than us last year, they also have a new staff, they have less talent and they beat us. That’s all I needed to see. I’m not looking to beat Manny up here but it looks like reality. We literally need strong coaching to win with the level of talent that we recruit like Beamer did at VT and then build from there. We’re not strong in recruiting or coaching and that’s a problem that will kill us.

Someone knows the drill!

We are ****ed!

Advertisement

Hard to argue with that.
At some point we will stumble across a coach that doesn't just hire his friends.

Very emotional post. Fans act like we are a good team. We can get beat by anyone including BCU next week. Never get to high or to low when cheering on the canes. It’s 2019 not 2001. We are a very young team with some serious depth issues. I thought we played much better this game compared to the UF game.

Let’s go sunshine pumpers! Get in here and enlighten some of us. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SEEING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL CONFIDENT?!?!

Ummm...El Jefe is savage? Free beers to HS coaches? #TNM? Did you see the tweet of the beach? Brilliant! The Turnover Chain! We won the off season. He is so much better than Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt. I'm so glad Richt is gone and we have a proven winner in Coral Gables!

Advertisement
Back