The hard truth

Advertisement
Idk to me the team seems to lack the want to. It's the age old statement do u wanna be good or u just kinda want to be good. To many guys to me seem like they only want to be good enough to post a highlight reel not enough drive and want in every guy for them to win. Which I think is a characteristic richt created. Diaz is a guy who has that drive and motivation but u have to get ur players to do the same. People harp on the play calls and everything but if u have players giving it their all the call wont make a difference the guys will force them selves to make a play

Also the HARD TRUTH: We can no longer shame these local kids for going to programs like Clemson, Bama, UGA, UF, etc because reality is Miami is just not utilizing players. It’s been like this for awhile. Can you imagine Jerry Jeudy (potential 1st pick) just sitting on our bench?! Frank Ladson? Or CJ Henderson looking trash? So now kids like Donnell Harris, Issiah Walker, etc. who chose to go somewhere else where they can win, develop, and actually be utilize... I don’t een blame em.

Ever think after the Top 10 programs come here and cherrypick, we get the leftovers? Think South Florida athletes have changed a little (as their non-athlete peers have), and we inflate the local kids ability because once a long time ago, we cherry picked them and got the best before anyone else caught on?

Look at all the great athletes there are in California (Twice the number of high schools as Florida), and with long standing programs like USC or Cal who used to keep their kids, they were in the mix. But they aren't doing much better than we are and are generally average PAC 12 and not in the hunt.

It's like a honey hole when you're fishing, you overfish it and it's not a honey hole anymore, or your satisfied with the junk fish because thats better than nothing.

I'm from SW Florida, I posted last year that I saw at least one punter every Friday night who would have been far better than what we had - I think maybe only two went off to play college ball, and ours walked on at USF last I heard.

We have a few teams who can play over here too. Miami teams come over that we've thumped - face it, the great athletes got to a few schools, and the rest are average high school teams. Lots of great athletes all over the state - there are other places to look.

And people who say we need to recruit those corn fed O-Lineman, wish we could but if you;re a 6'7" 305 lb OT who grew up in cold weather Iowa or Wisconsin would you want to come to South Florida (Girls aside) and bake in this heat? I went the other way in College to Kansas, it would be 102 during some pre-season second practices. Those Kansas boys would be swooning - but there was a constant 15 mph breeze and hardly any humidity, didn't phase us guys for Florida a bit.

The funny thing is, after Diaz gets fired in 4 years the admin will hire Cristobal. Lol

Wait for it.

Advertisement
You’re not lying.

Other than Enos does anyone on the staff have P5 credentials?
This is what I was expressing after the loss to the turds. We do not have an adult in the room. Every coach we have, is learning the ropes. Wish MR would have stayed in some advisory capacity, or a hire of a retired veteran coach, a sounding board for the rookie coaches. This is going to be a long road, and am not sure they get there.

This is what I was expressing after the loss to the turds. We do not have an adult in the room. Every coach we have, is learning the ropes. Wish MR would have stayed in some advisory capacity, or a hire of a retired veteran coach, a sounding board for the rookie coaches. This is going to be a long road, and am not sure they get there.

Other than Enos, you’re right.

Everyone has a connection to Manny or Enos, during their time at LA Tech or Central Michigan.

If I’m Diaz and can make two coaching changes I hire veteran OL and DL coaches with P5 resumes who weren’t journeymen. Technicians who can develop players and have a list of names to prove it.

Advertisement
We were in the red enough to score 35.

yeah, exactly, redzone offense was an issue, FGs get you beat on the road(in close games). Overall, I liked the progress of the offense, but Enos will be the first to tell you it wasn't good enough in Chapel Hill

I do think we need to lean on the running game a bit more early on, especially if this Oline jells

yeah, exactly, redzone offense was an issue, FGs get you beat on the road(in close games). Overall, I liked the progress of the offense, but Enos will be the first to tell you it wasn't good enough in Chapel Hill

I do think we need to lean on the running game a bit more early on, especially if this Oline jells

Enos isn't the problem, we have verified issues on the OL. The other side of the ball has regressed dramatically and specials are a mess.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Get use to another 4 years of mediocre football.

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Common occurrences that are alarming:

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

I look at these things and then I remembered who coaches them.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Baker: Manny protege. Multiple stops with manny. Last stop was LA tech.

Banda: Texas n MS State grad assist under Manny. Prior experience. Bar tending

Patke: see above.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

One thing I’d like to point out is even though we will Be Top 5 in TOP at the end of the year if we can’t turn them into points in the red zone it means we will be asking the defense to be elite every single game. Now that our lack of depth and sideline to sideline woes we will give up 20+ per game. So Enos style, while effective, if we can’t punch it in the 6 times we will have the ball we will be in trouble. That To chain will be needed Muchos gracias

I dont know the people they were going to talk to because they talked to no one. I do think that guys like Cristobal, or Stoops should have been at least interviewed. The thing is we have no idea who was interested in the job because of how it was handled.

Past searches have shown that top guys are not interested in the job. I would assume that's because they don't like the mismatch between resources and expectations. Whatever it's about, impressive coaches don't want this job.

And fcking Cristobal? That's kinda my point. We can take a month to do it, but in the end it'll come down to Butch and Mario and there's no winning with either of those guys.

Also, I think part of the problem is CIS can't understand we're really not on the same plane as top teams. Being in SFLA isn't much of an advantage anymore, OSU spends as much time at local HSs as our staff does.

Advertisement
Ummm...El Jefe is savage? Free beers to HS coaches? #TNM? Did you see the tweet of the beach? Brilliant! The Turnover Chain! We won the off season. He is so much better than Coker, Shannon, Golden and Richt. I'm so glad Richt is gone and we have a proven winner in Coral Gables!
Our coaches don’t even get wings for failed high school DCs!!!

Would we be better off if Manny had remained at Temple and Jarren had transferred? Both those events were once very likely. Right now, that's very much an open question.

Get use to another 4 years of mediocre football.

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Common occurrences that are alarming:

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

I look at these things and then I remembered who coaches them.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Baker: Manny protege. Multiple stops with manny. Last stop was LA tech.

Banda: Texas n MS State grad assist under Manny. Prior experience. Bar tending

Patke: see above.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

I don't know if these guys are nobodies but I agree assistants are key.

Look at JJ's staff in the 80s and where most of those coaches ended up. This is why I was never a fan of Art Kehoe, the guy never progressed in life other than a OL coach.

Since no one took the bait to "enlighten you", I will give my opinion (I know it isn't worth sh&t, but neither is yours, so there's that), but anyway, here it goes.

1. If I were to ask you to list off what you think the "top programs are in college football", I am assuming that you would list: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. But, these programs have not been ELITE every year for the past twenty years.

Alabama: in 1999 (10-3), 2000 (3-8), 2001 (7-5), 2002 (10-3), 2003 (4-9), 2004 (6-6).

Clemson (under Dabo): 2008 (9-5), 2010 (6-7), 2011 (10-4) *and even leading up to their national championship, they were never finished in the top 5.

Georgia: under Richt, only twice (probably more like once) were they considered a national title contender.

LSU since 2012: 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 9-3, 10-3, 8-4

Oklahoma: some "lean" years near the end of Bob Stoops regime.

My point is building an elite program takes time. Miami needs time to build an elite program just like any other team.

2. I think we have some major talent on our team. Jarren, Deejay, Cam, Lo, JT4, Brevin, Mallory, Harley, Rousseu, Garvin, Nesta, Miller, Huff, Brooks, Phillips, Bandy, Blades, Gurvan, Carter, Couch, and Smith. I think, again my opinion, that is a talented core for the next 2-3 years.

3. I think our team is actually better than last year and you are just letting two losses (one to a top 10 team: UF) on the road make you see things that are not necessarily there. Offensively: are we not better than last year? Abso-****&ng-lutely. No question. Are we better on defense? IDK but **** we lost A LOT of talent from the past two teams. Those ******* guys are on NFL rosters, my man. ****, our entire secondary and DL from the past two years is playing on Sundays. That's a lot to replenish.

4. We may just be two different types of fans. I am the kind of fan that is patient and if I see even marginal improvement, I'm okay with that and can continue to be patient. You may be the type of fan that wants immediate results. Neither types of fans are bad fans. I just don't want your eyes to play "tricks" on you. I think you need to be patient. Allow Jarren and the O-Line to grow. I think you will see Miami get better and better each week. On the other hand, your passion is commendable. And maybe I need to have a fire lit under my *** too lol.

Oh, and 5 & 6.

Our Special Teams sucks

And 4 & 17 may be the worst thing to happen to Miami since D'Onofrio.

Peace, brother.

Advertisement
Back