The hard truth

Honestly Jarren, and an offense with potential to be special. Maybe not this year but I think it’ll get there. I’m more worried about Baker at this point.

Attachments

• 04296016-840B-4F3F-8832-B2A1218D2DA7.png
    04296016-840B-4F3F-8832-B2A1218D2DA7.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 60
Advertisement
Since no one took the bait to "enlighten you", I will give my opinion (I know it isn't worth sh&t, but neither is yours, so there's that), but anyway, here it goes.

1. If I were to ask you to list off what you think the "top programs are in college football", I am assuming that you would list: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. But, these programs have not been ELITE every year for the past twenty years.

Alabama: in 1999 (10-3), 2000 (3-8), 2001 (7-5), 2002 (10-3), 2003 (4-9), 2004 (6-6).

Clemson (under Dabo): 2008 (9-5), 2010 (6-7), 2011 (10-4) *and even leading up to their national championship, they were never finished in the top 5.

Georgia: under Richt, only twice (probably more like once) were they considered a national title contender.

LSU since 2012: 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 9-3, 10-3, 8-4

Oklahoma: some "lean" years near the end of Bob Stoops regime.

My point is building an elite program takes time. Miami needs time to build an elite program just like any other team.

2. I think we have some major talent on our team. Jarren, Deejay, Cam, Lo, JT4, Brevin, Mallory, Harley, Rousseu, Garvin, Nesta, Miller, Huff, Brooks, Phillips, Bandy, Blades, Gurvan, Carter, Couch, and Smith. I think, again my opinion, that is a talented core for the next 2-3 years.

3. I think our team is actually better than last year and you are just letting two losses (one to a top 10 team: UF) on the road make you see things that are not necessarily there. Offensively: are we not better than last year? Abso-****&ng-lutely. No question. Are we better on defense? IDK but **** we lost A LOT of talent from the past two teams. Those ******* guys are on NFL rosters, my man. ****, our entire secondary and DL from the past two years is playing on Sundays. That's a lot to replenish.

4. We may just be two different types of fans. I am the kind of fan that is patient and if I see even marginal improvement, I'm okay with that and can continue to be patient. You may be the type of fan that wants immediate results. Neither types of fans are bad fans. I just don't want your eyes to play "tricks" on you. I think you need to be patient. Allow Jarren and the O-Line to grow. I think you will see Miami get better and better each week. On the other hand, your passion is commendable. And maybe I need to have a fire lit under my *** too lol.

Oh, and 5 & 6.

Our Special Teams sucks

And 4 & 17 may be the worst thing to happen to Miami since D'Onofrio.

Peace, brother.

I dig it. And I appreciate the response.

Here my thing though...

I’ve been patient for a long long time. I realized Randy was in over his head. His hires were a joke, his recruiting was a joke, his backing from the admin was a joke. While I knew all of this I still believed and stayed patient. Players started to never get better, there were clicks, there was a disconnect among HS coaches/recruiting. Then south Florida happened. Nail meet coffin.

I’m not going to go over every little detail but I pretty much did the same with Golden and CMR. I ignored what my eyes were telling me.
Honestly CMR had it going for a little bit and who truly knows what would of happened with a dynamite OC....but that never happened just Donofrio never was fired.

If the Canes have taught me anything over the years .... it is patience and how to spot early bull****.

Listen I would love to be wrong. I would sell my house for $100 if I knew a 6th ring was coming this year. But quite honestly I’m a seasoned veteran when it comes this team.

I said who the **** is Al Golden. Then I watched the Maryland game and said this defense will never work here. I got slammed on here for my early observations.

CMR got hired. I said didn’t he just get fired for not winning enough at UGA? The I watched him assemble his staff. I instantly said we have a very GREEN staff and it will show. Richt jr. Hartley, Banda, Rumph, etc...
We had some of the worst coaches... coaching critical positions/ units. And to top it all off CMR wanted to call plays.

But wait there is more!

Here we sit again with very green/ unproductive coaches at critical positions.

Butch Barry
Hickson
Field
Stubblefield

Patke
Banda
Rumph.

The coach with the most experience is Dan Enos.

People want to sit here and act like it’s a talent thing or inexperience or whatever new thing they come up with.

How do teams like UNC, DUKE, and the UVAs of the world keep beating us? They beat us bc they have solid coaching and they make minimal mistakes. Every wonder why these games have always been dog fights? Most of the time our wins are bc we simply out talent them. We haven’t out executed or out coached a team in nearly 20 years. We simply have just been getting by. Pure luck. I can’t tell you the last time we put a full game together (all 3 phases), honestly.

The coaches we have aren’t suddenly gonna become the next Howard Schnellenberger with more time. Guys like Stubblefield are who they are... mediocre coaches.

Dabo Sweeney isn’t some rock star coach. He’ll he isn’t even an innovator like Lincoln Riley. Dabo new his fate would be defined by who his coordinators were.

Let me remind some of you dense folk who will point to his record the first 3 or so years. The man was treading water. We went to Death Valley and Leonard Hankerson abused them. Their offense was complete dog**** and their defense was no better

But... Dabo goes out and hires a rockstar coordinator by the name of Chad Morris. Morris found instant success. He turned a career backup candidate into the ACC player of the year and his offense never looked back. Then the WVU orange bowl happens... defense gave up 70 points. Dabo goes out and gets one of the best and most under appreciated at the time Brent Venables. BTW one of the main reason this even happened was bc Bob stoops hired his trash brother back to be a CO DC...

Anyway you get the point...

Hire competent guys. Guys with a resume. Guys with a track record of success. Don’t hire guys who can’t stay at a place for more then 2 years. Don’t hire guys who’s previous spot was UTAH, Airforce, kstate, FAMU, Incarnate word....

Jarren will transfer after this season. Just get ready for it. Some halfway decent team with an OL and serious coaches is going to poach him. Otherwise his talent will just disintegrate.
This is such a clueless take. Quit throwing bullsh*t up the wall to see if it sticks

Retards keep talking about stats. We failed in the red zone and couldn’t convert kicks.

Defense allowed 28 points to nobodies

Stats were great on offense.....until we got to the red zone. The announcers said it themselves - it's easy to go from 20-to-20. It's what you do as an offense when the window gets smaller in the red zone that defines you. We sucked at that phase, and it cost us in the UF game, and again against UNC.

Advertisement

Here my thing though...

I’ve been patient for a long long time. I realized Randy was in over his head. His hires were a joke, his recruiting was a joke, his backing from the admin was a joke. While I knew all of this I still believed and stayed patient. Players started to never get better, there were clicks, there was a disconnect among HS coaches/recruiting. Then south Florida happened. Nail meet coffin.

I’m not going to go over every little detail but I pretty much did the same with Golden and CMR. I ignored what my eyes were telling me.
Honestly CMR had it going for a little bit and who truly knows what would of happened with a dynamite OC....but that never happened just Donofrio never was fired.

If the Canes have taught me anything over the years .... it is patience and how to spot early bull****.

Listen I would love to be wrong. I would sell my house for $100 if I knew a 6th ring was coming this year. But quite honestly I’m a seasoned veteran when it comes this team.

I said who the **** is Al Golden. Then I watched the Maryland game and said this defense will never work here. I got slammed on here for my early observations.

CMR got hired. I said didn’t he just get fired for not winning enough at UGA? The I watched him assemble his staff. I instantly said we have a very GREEN staff and it will show. Richt jr. Hartley, Banda, Rumph, etc...
We had some of the worst coaches... coaching critical positions/ units. And to top it all off CMR wanted to call plays.

But wait there is more!

Butch Barry
Hickson
Field
Stubblefield

Patke
Banda
Rumph.

People want to sit here and act like it’s a talent thing or inexperience or whatever new thing they come up with.

How do teams like UNC, DUKE, and the UVAs of the world keep beating us? They beat us bc they have solid coaching and they make minimal mistakes. Every wonder why these games have always been dog fights? Most of the time our wins are bc we simply out talent them. We haven’t out executed or out coached a team in nearly 20 years. We simply have just been getting by. Pure luck. I can’t tell you the last time we put a full game together (all 3 phases), honestly.

The coaches we have aren’t suddenly gonna become the next Howard Schnellenberger with more time. Guys like Stubblefield are who they are... mediocre coaches.

Dabo Sweeney isn’t some rock star coach. He’ll he isn’t even an innovator like Lincoln Riley. Dabo new his fate would be defined by who his coordinators were.

Let me remind some of you dense folk who will point to his record the first 3 or so years. The man was treading water. We went to Death Valley and Leonard Hankerson abused them. Their offense was complete dog**** and their defense was no better

But... Dabo goes out and hires a rockstar coordinator by the name of Chad Morris. Morris found instant success. He turned a career backup candidate into the ACC player of the year and his offense never looked back. Then the WVU orange bowl happens... defense gave up 70 points. Dabo goes out and gets one of the best and most under appreciated at the time Brent Venables. BTW one of the main reason this even happened was bc Bob stoops hired his trash brother back to be a CO DC...

Hire competent guys. Guys with a resume. Guys with a track record of success. Don’t hire guys who can’t stay at a place for more then 2 years. Don’t hire guys who’s previous spot was UTAH, Airforce, kstate, FAMU, Incarnate word....

Holy **** this post needs to be pinned.

Get use to another 4 years of mediocre football.

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Common occurrences that are alarming:

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

I look at these things and then I remembered who coaches them.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Baker: Manny protege. Multiple stops with manny. Last stop was LA tech.

Banda: Texas n MS State grad assist under Manny. Prior experience. Bar tending

Patke: see above.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

110% and this didn’t hit me till yesterday. I hated Stubblefield hire the minute I heard about it, don’t know who Hickson was, already knew Banda can’t coach and finding out he can’t recruit all that great either. Patke popped on the scene at the end of a recruiting season popping up at HS kids visits with other coaches, little did we know because Kool checked out. Now this man is running our special teams. I was excited about a Stoud hire because I thought he would be a solid addition and mentor to Manny but little did I know Jess Simpson was leaving and this guy was our new DL coach.

Butch barry coaches in NFL and I’m cool with that hire, Enos we ponyed up so that was a good move. Blake Baker should honestly probably be our special teams and LB coach not DC.

Like you said in the other post Dabo manages the program, he doesn’t call plays, he doesn’t tell them how to coach the drills, he kisses babies, sucks up to boosters and gets his house in order.

Manny isn’t going to get rid of Patke, Banda or Baker. Those are his guys and they already demoted 2 of them but even with the demotion they are still under qualified for there current jobs.

Advertisement
Manny should have cut his teeth at Temple like literally every single person in this fan base thought. Instead, the admin was cheap and lazy and went with the optics hire. And those optics were ******* great all off season so we intravenously transfused the spikes kool aid into our veins.

Now is the reality. Diaz may be a great fit as a Miami HC, but he needs to learn to be an HC first. We should have won both those games any number of ways, and instead we keep finding a way to lose instead.

Unless we pull out a crazy miraculous recovery that ends with an impressive bowl win, well recruiting is totally screwed. We'd be looking at potentially the most talented team Diaz has *right now*. Most likely, that won't happen, in which case the next most acceptable thing is for him to do a major staff overhaul, and pray we turn it around next year or its gonna be a very very long 5 years.

He gave me an Al Golden moment; it was 4th & 1 and Williams got tripped by a former QB now LB coming up short of the 1st down. (Although Williams should’ve stuck the ball out). Anyways, Diaz going to the market, eyes wide open, then “lining his hand up” to say it was 1st down, only to be denied. He did all that hooping and hollering and did not challenge the mark. It looked good for the camera, but he did nothing. That irritated me

Very emotional post. Fans act like we are a good team. We can get beat by anyone including BCU next week. Never get to high or to low when cheering on the canes. It’s 2019 not 2001. We are a very young team with some serious depth issues. I thought we played much better this game compared to the UF game.

We’re not very young at all, actually.

-Our starting WR consist of two Jr’s and a RS Sr.
-2 of of our OLmen have been on campus for 3 yrs
-Starting RB is a Jr

6 of the 11 starters on O are considered upper classmen

-9 of the 11 starters on D are considered upper classmen

I think we’re parroting things w/o research. And pls don’t mention J Will being a RS Fr. We just played against a True Freshman w exactly 1 game under his belt.

We’re not a young team at all, so let’s just remove that excuse from the inbox.

Facts man. I’m so happy I have folks that are just bringing facts. Sunshine is over; let’s talk facts. Our O has improved marginally and have taken a far step back in protection

u forgot recruiting is why units struggle we cant get most of the elite talent, miami never won with x and o's we bullied people with better players. Simple as that get someone who can beat uga and bama for kids that they mostly win for......do waht Jimbo did when he got to FSU went head up with bama thats when u knew **** was real and he was about winning

Advertisement
Dam relly

You are taking no prisoners

Hoodie is down man; and I feel low key bamboozled by Manny. He talked a whole lot, causing me to go against my initial thoughts. We’ve seen enough from Golden, Shannon, and Richt to know when a coach is over his head.

I’m still holding out to some hope, but we gotta stop the excuse machines.

Hoodie is down man; and I feel low key bamboozled by Manny. He talked a whole lot, causing me to go against my initial thoughts. We’ve seen enough from Golden, Shannon, and Richt to know when a coach is over his head.

I’m still holding out to some hope, but we gotta stop the excuse machines.

I feel you bro. All we heard all off season that things are different...and they are not. All we heard we have the best pass rushers and best LB Core..and we dont

I think most fans are just annoyed at this point

Advertisement
Our kicker was straight up in panic mode on the last third down. Another teammate had to console him. Never seen anything like this. Rumors swirling that our kicker just practices by himself because we still don’t practice special teams.

This is f*cking amateur hour

View attachment 96747

Very good information I couldn't see his a$$ from my seat but I totally believe you.

Here my thing though...

But wait there is more!

Butch Barry
Hickson
Field
Stubblefield

Patke
Banda
Rumph.

Some can see it early, others can't. Unfortunately, history has proven us right time and time again.

Since no one took the bait to "enlighten you", I will give my opinion (I know it isn't worth sh&t, but neither is yours, so there's that), but anyway, here it goes.

1. If I were to ask you to list off what you think the "top programs are in college football", I am assuming that you would list: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. But, these programs have not been ELITE every year for the past twenty years.

Alabama: in 1999 (10-3), 2000 (3-8), 2001 (7-5), 2002 (10-3), 2003 (4-9), 2004 (6-6).

Clemson (under Dabo): 2008 (9-5), 2010 (6-7), 2011 (10-4) *and even leading up to their national championship, they were never finished in the top 5.

Georgia: under Richt, only twice (probably more like once) were they considered a national title contender.

LSU since 2012: 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 9-3, 10-3, 8-4

Oklahoma: some "lean" years near the end of Bob Stoops regime.

My point is building an elite program takes time. Miami needs time to build an elite program just like any other team.

2. I think we have some major talent on our team. Jarren, Deejay, Cam, Lo, JT4, Brevin, Mallory, Harley, Rousseu, Garvin, Nesta, Miller, Huff, Brooks, Phillips, Bandy, Blades, Gurvan, Carter, Couch, and Smith. I think, again my opinion, that is a talented core for the next 2-3 years.

3. I think our team is actually better than last year and you are just letting two losses (one to a top 10 team: UF) on the road make you see things that are not necessarily there. Offensively: are we not better than last year? Abso-****&ng-lutely. No question. Are we better on defense? IDK but **** we lost A LOT of talent from the past two teams. Those ******* guys are on NFL rosters, my man. ****, our entire secondary and DL from the past two years is playing on Sundays. That's a lot to replenish.

4. We may just be two different types of fans. I am the kind of fan that is patient and if I see even marginal improvement, I'm okay with that and can continue to be patient. You may be the type of fan that wants immediate results. Neither types of fans are bad fans. I just don't want your eyes to play "tricks" on you. I think you need to be patient. Allow Jarren and the O-Line to grow. I think you will see Miami get better and better each week. On the other hand, your passion is commendable. And maybe I need to have a fire lit under my *** too lol.

Oh, and 5 & 6.

Our Special Teams sucks

And 4 & 17 may be the worst thing to happen to Miami since D'Onofrio.

Peace, brother.

Unfortunately whether we are ready to accept it or not, the 4th & 17 call was a classic Manny call ....

.. kinda bravado that got him fired in from past jobs.

Advertisement
Back