"Joe, I'm not making any excuses."

"That's a good team...they are coached very well"

"It starts with me...."

"We have played too many night games."

"VT played last week and we did not."

"The Bye week hurt us."

Advertisement
"It's environment that we aren't used to"

"We are catching them in a bad week since they are coming off a conference loss"

"I'm concerned the bye week might of gotten us out of rythem"

Advertisement
"The guys fought hard, but that's a good team in Virginia Tech"

"The bye week really set us back"

"We held them to 400 total yard which is less than they gained last year"

"Well Michael Brewer is a great quarterback and he had an excellent game"

Advertisement
I am the head coach of this team so it starts with me. That is a good football team in that locker room over there. Their quarterback, I believe, is a junior. He has a lot of game experience. We got a kid starting his 8th game. On the road. At night. In the cold. Most of our kids have never been cold.

That blocked punt didn't help. We knew that they would be focused on the new snapper but we have never seen them run that punt block before. The player, that I'm not going to name, had a couple of bad snaps but like I said I'm the head coach and it's on me.

On defense, I think we had the right calls but there were a couple of missed tackles. Again I'm not going to name any specific players but when we made the call we expected the starting left defensive end to know his assignment and cover the wide receiver down the field. Also the offense didn't help the defense by scoring on only 4 out of their 6 possessions and only taking 10 minutes to score those points.

In the end, I'm the head coach and this loss is on me but Blacksburg is an extremely difficult place to play. Just ask East Carolina and Georgia Tech, they barely won games here this year.

"This is a Virginia tech team that beat THE Ohio state"
I fully expect fatso to fully capitalize and overstate that excuse

"That's an element out there we're not used to. Between the cold and the night games, I couldn't think of a tougher schedule. But kids are growing up left and right Joe, I'll tell ya. But the talent's not there yet so trust the process.

Advertisement
"We allowed such and such points to them last year. We allowed less this year. Just keep that in perspective."

"That's an element out there we're not used to. Between the cold and the night games, I couldn't think of a tougher schedule. But kids are growing up left and right Joe, I'll tell ya. But the talent's not there yet so trust the process.

He wouldn't say that so bluntly. He'd say we didnt execute aka its the players fault not my D coordinator for the past 4 seasons

Joe , we play hip-hop music during practice. Once the kids heard VT come out to Metallica, our kids were wide-eyed and they just could not adjust. But they are growing and it was good for them to hear Metallica. Its all part of the process. It's good for them to hear different types of music and this experience bodes well for the future. We'll get it fixed and it starts with me.

Advertisement
We will definitely find out how many seniors VT has. We will find out Brewer's life story. We will hear about strength of schedules, night road games, and about how the defense that just got **** on by yet another horrendous QB, is "headed in the right direction"

"No team has gone in and beat Virginia Tech at home, in that environment, when the temperature is below 47.5 degrees, the wind is over 7 MPH, with less than 24 Seniors on their 2 deep, and not eating Surf and Turf the night before… in 18 years. Joe, we didn't know about the Surf and Turf so that's on me. We got to get that fixed."

Advertisement
Back