The Excuses Al Golden will make after the VT game

Advertisement
I have a feeling he's gonna start playing the "we've got a freshman QB on the road" garbage. Kaaya is next on the list to be thrown under the bus.

LETS GO HOKIES.

"Yes, we gave up 55 points....but let's put that into context Joe. We just held a very explosive offense to their second lowest point total of the second half of the season. Only Pittsburgh, who's playing awfully good ball right now by the way, has been able to hold them to less."

Joe: Coach, at the beginning of the season, you said Brad Kaaya wasn't a freshmen. That the kid was mature beyond his years. What changed, Coach?

AG: Well, Joe, if you look at the Brad's transcript, it is pretty obvious that he is a freshman. That's all that matters, Joe.

Joe: But, Coach....

AG: Transcript, Joe.

Joe: Okay, Coach. Coach, you said the cloud hurt us. However, UM has pulled in top 10/15 recruiting classes for 3 straight years.

AG: Let me tell you something, Joe. You can't win with Top 10/15 recruiting classes and a Cloud.

Joe: Coach, the majority of the teams that UM is losing to do not even have top 30 classes, like Duke.

AG: I am losing you, Joe. There is some static on my end.

Advertisement
"Joe, again, we had a couple of mental mistakes. Again, on third and short, we put three linemen up, and just didn't get it done. We have to be mentally stronger, and that will be fixed. We're still a young team and did a lot of growing up last night, making three stops on third down. I know, one was a fumble by Tech, but it still goes in the column for third down stops.

Our offense didn't help the defense, and again, we can't leave our defense on the field the entire game. The special teams play was much better, as when Tech kept kicking off, we stayed pretty much in our lanes blocking. We didn't fumble and again, that shows our hard work during the bye week."

Does it really matter? This is a coach who told the fan base of the team he coaches that our defense never played with the lead against GaTech. He LIES repeatedly so nothing should be a surprise anymore. He will be the death knell of this program, and that is not hyperbole. NO RECRUIT WILL WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM because he continually blames the players for his failures. That is his M.O.

All those **** crowd guys in their.
military uniforms...we didn't expect that. It just freaked our guys out.

Oh wait. That's VMI. Who did we just play?

Advertisement
This...

mzl.zpdtkuig.320x480-75.jpg

can go right next to our Al Golden Moral Victory trophy case...

trophy54.jpg

It was dark for a night game.

Kind of cold.

They are well coached.

Couple mistakes here and there.

Its on me. Well, I mean it is on me that our players do not understand my defense.

Offense punted twice and that was kept the defense out there too long. They got tired. I mean they got frostbite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"I don't know if you heard Joe, but Donna Shalala is stepping down. She's been an integral part of our team, Joe, and our players haven't been able to process the fact that she won't be here any more. But I need to get them to focus, it all starts on me, don't worry - we'll get it fixed."

"Let's put things in perspective, Joe - sure, we lost by 30 tonight. But we can still win the Coastal. And even if we don't, we've got a pretty good bowl game waiting for us. Bowl games are good because they let you get some extra practices in. Plus it's a good reward for all of our seniors, especially since they've been here since the cloud. Have you heard about the cloud, Joe? Well, let me tell you all about it. In 2011, a guy named Nevin Shapiro..."

"Our defensive ends have to do a better job of backpedalling, Joe. We work on it all week during practice and they need to execute during the games. We'll get that fixed though - trust me. You know why? Because it starts with me."

Last edited:
"I don't know if you heard Joe, but Donna Shalala is stepping down. She's been an integral part of our team, Joe, and our players haven't been able to process the fact that she won't be here any more. But I need to get them to focus, it all starts on me, don't worry - we'll get it fixed."

"Let's put things in perspective, Joe - sure, we lost by 30 tonight. But we can still win the Coastal. And even if we don't, we've got a pretty good bowl game waiting for us. Bowl games are good because they let you get some extra practices in. Plus it's a good reward for all of our seniors, especially since they've been here since the cloud. Have you heard about the cloud, Joe? Well, let me tell you all about it. In 2011, a guy named Nevin Shapiro..."

"Our defensive ends have to do a better job of backpedalling, Joe. We work on it all week during practice and they need to execute during the games. We'll get that fixed though - trust me. You know why? Because it starts with me."

And that's when we should be teaching our DEs bump-and-run. No wonder we're having so much trouble.

"Joe, you can't underestimate the type of distraction and hardship that Shalala's impending departure has on our football team. You really can't even begin to quantify it. It's a distraction, no doubt. I didn't call certain defenses cause I was too busy thinking about Donna"

Advertisement
Back