The Excuses Al Golden will make after the VT game

Advertisement
Joe, their qb threw for 4 touchdowns; thats on our offense for not converting their third downs, we didnt score enough points joe. The temperature dropped 3 degrees. ..im not making excuses joe, but those 3 degrees cooled down the tempo we were going for

"We're working our tails off to fix this"

"We just didn't execute especially on money downs. Hard to win when the offense has 2 turnovers, that really hurt us"

Advertisement
"Look, I've checked out already...I took mental ownership of the pedo state gig and I'm depressed I didn't get it...I tried prozac but to no avail...I thought Mark was going to be a great D Coordinator...I mean great great...through our friendship goggles...with them off now, I see he's an anchor to any forward progress for this D...I sold my Temple guys jethro and paul on continuity and hefty annual raises...that seems to have backfired...I'm too rigid in my approach and unimaginative to steer any program to success...I'm a middle manager at best, not a CEO by any stretch of the imagination...my next job should be something along that dynamic."

Joe, we're only 0-1 in the Coastal division on Thursday night games. There's still a chance...

----

1366581668-judgejoebrown.jpg

"we were 1-10 on third downs - we just can't win games like that"
"Our defense was on the field for way too long tonight. We needed to keep their offense off the field more but we didn't execute our running game"
"I have faith in Brad. We had some protection breakdowns because of the noise. We knew it was going to be loud and we prepared for it; we just didn't execute like we were doing all week."
"VT is a good football team. The ACC coastal is up for grabs and VT has just a good a shot as anyone."
"We have to regroup next week because we have a tough UNC team that just beat GT."

Advertisement
This post is both hilarious and infuriating at the same **** time because you know one of these excuses or a combination of them will be used next Monday morning!

Hoping for this: "I am obviously in way over my head and have tendered my resignation to Blake James"

Advertisement
crowd noise was a factor Joe

When he starts stuttering look out here it comes....also when he says no excuses, that means he's about to level three of them at us immediately.

Last edited:
"I thought the guys brought their technique to the game. Trent Harris defended that fade in the end zone about as well as he could. Brewer just made a great throw there, we expected him to do that. Trent grew up there tho. Money downs were the difference. OK. They convert 16 out of 17 and we only hit on 1 of 11. That's on me, but we'll get it fixed believe me".

They showed us some different looks. Had 11 guys on the field every play. Sometimes they threw the ball. Sometimes they ran it.

It was night time again.

Advertisement
"Joe, let me tell you what I saw out there--I saw a defense that held an experienced offense to just 4.4 yards per play, that's good enough to put us in the top 10 of defenses IN THE COUNTRY. I call that progress, Joe. Sure, we allowed 37 first downs, couldn't get off the field on money downs, and gave up 43 points, and that's on me, that's too many points. But those guys did it on just 4.4 yards per play. We didn't give up one play of more than 20 yards, Joe. We've gotta just tip our hats to those guys. But we'll continue to get better and improve."

AG: "We were 68.912% on money downs...we just couldn't keep that pace on none money downs"

Reporter: Coach golden can you help us and define what you mean by "money downs?"

AG: "well its tough to speculate on that....I also dont want to spend too much time on semantics here...the fact is that we have to see how tough of a team and environment that was...at the end of the day it comes down to what we do as a team and how we hunker down...we got to get better at blocking out the noise"

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well blame Shapiro...I already see some of the dumb ***** on this site buying into the bull**** that he was "blindsided".

Blame Shapiro, night games, the cloud, and whatever the **** else that fat *** tries to sell.

"We didn't bring enough TP to wipe our @$$e$ with between drives and after opposing touchdowns, so it seriously affected our players abilities to execute the scheme cleanly and properly."

Advertisement
Back