The Ducks are Quacking....

Advertisement
Every fan on this site would have the exact same reaction if a team like Colorado was trying to poach our HC who had won multiple ACC championships. Even if he was from there, we would laugh it off our board. Only time will tell but they aren’t being unreasonable IMO

Colorado has the best high school football in the country and five national championships?

Ok. So since I'd love to see some of y'all simply shut the **** up with this topic of money not happening like that I'll explain. The main money and instigator behind all of this has been Carol soffer & her business partners. For those of you unaware of who her main business partners are, that would be Dubai world... For those of you unaware who the main benefactors are in Dubai world (Carol soffer and her family are worth billions with a b) it's Mohammed bin Rashid Al mahktum aka THE CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI who along with his father have many billions with a B... I can't give you a rational explanation as to why he would care about Miami sports as far as I know he doesn't. But he's a huge sports junkie and he's been to several canes games where he's sat with us in the president's box along with Carol. From what I know a very supportive business partner... Take that as you will. The network we have access to isn't scared of Phil knight (who by the way is no longer anywhere near as active as some of y'all seem to think when it relates to coaches)
If we got Carol Soffer putting in money from investors from Dubai, forget it. Especially this dude. They are all about being the best everywhere, they want the most money, the biggest buildings, the best food, the most luxury and they do everything, both legal and illegal, to obtain it.

He is a sports junkie, but also a controversial figure. He got convicted of torturing his wife in 2020. Was accused of doping his horses several times, as he is a big figure in that sport. His son has won several titles as a horse rider tho.

About 12 billion heavy.

Edit: For anyone asking why he and Soffer are business partners: He is into real estate. He is the reason why Dubai became this nuts place for rich western people to have their vacation in. Soffer got the jackpot there.

If we got Carol Soffer putting in money from investors from Dubai, forget it. Especially this dude. They are all about being the best everywhere, they want the most money, the biggest buildings, the best food, the most luxury and they do everything, both legal and illegal, to obtain it.

He is a sports junkie, but also a controversial figure. He got convicted of torturing his wife in 2020. Was accused of doping his horses several times, as he is a big figure in that sport. His son has won several titles as a horse rider tho.

About 12 billion heavy.

Edit: For anyone asking why he and Soffer are business partners: He is into real estate. He is the reason why Dubai became this nuts place for rich western people to have their vacation in. Soffer got the jackpot there.
More specifically up until recently Carol was the sole American investor in fountainbleau while all the rest of the group was Dubai world.

If he was at miami these last years, Would there be "Fire Mario" planes from our "fans" based on embarrassing losses like he had to Stanford and Utah?

Oregon will probably be thrilled if miami "steals him"

Advertisement
Soccer, F1, horse racing. I was in abu Dhabi just before the pandemic. They were taking bets on midget racing and birth... Dudes just are all about competition.
Midget racing?

Are they building a separate track for that at Hard Rock?

Going to need a shuttle from the Green Lot soon…

I feel like I’m the only Miami fan that agrees with these people. I look at it like I have a hot wife that does all types of stuff. We have money, we live in a beautiful house and so on. Now this girl who has been road hard but still is pretty wants me to leave my wife. She has a very ****** reputation but says she’s going to change. Would I? No. No I wouldn’t. I do think it’s a better job than old miss but not Oregon. What that poster said was 100% correct

Advertisement
I feel like I’m the only Miami fan that agrees with these people. I look at it like I have a hot wife that does all types of stuff. We have money, we live in a beautiful house and so on. Now this girl who has been road hard but still is pretty wants me to leave my wife. She has a very ****** reputation but says she’s going to change. Would I? No. No I wouldn’t. I do think it’s a better job than old miss but not Oregon. What that poster said was 100% correct
Has your wife ever won a championship? Did you ever win a championship with her in this scenario?

I believe that the Soffer family has interest with UM based on their past donations (14M to the IPF). Nothing that has ever been done at UM has the feel of the Dubai World folks though. When they invest, they aren't passive. They take a significant amount of control, change organizational structure, and manage their entities. That the Soffer family has a relationship to Dubai World doesn't really mean much either, nor is it particularly surprising given their shared interest in urban development. So they were in town and spent time in Soffer suite. As sports fans, I'd expect that. It's nice but who cares?

Anyhow, if DW was going to back structural change at UM, they would at least offer organizational support and expertise in a collaborative manner with UM, in areas where UM athletics have been sorely lacking for 2 decades despite the support of the Soffer family and others. This isn't Dubai World's game. It's too small for them and uninteresting.

People like the Soffers are incredibly successful. That they allowed this situation to fester all year while being on the BoT is shocking. At the very least, as one of few athletic program supporters on the BoT, they should have been able to see that change was imminent, that Blake James needed to be fired earlier in the year in order to allow for a better search without the pressure of time, in order to allow a new AD to come in and thoroughly investigate the issues UM has had for 20 years, and to allow the new AD to better eval Manny. They wouldn't be in this same predicament now had they behaved appropriately.

People want to blame Manny. He's hardly to blame. He's fulfilling his contractual obligation and is trying to be the best Manny he can be. He's just not good enough, nor was he ever good enough. This was a failure of our AD, our school President, and our BoT, including members of the Soffer family who allowed this catastrophe to happen.
Why would people from Dubai just jump into a strictly american sport? First of all its a non profit so operates different. They have jump into soccer across the world because they can control everything. I can see why the Soffer's would have to coax them into it. Maybe they sit and watch and see how it operates. There are many reasons why the program was allowed to sink for so many years but matters not now. Money is only one thing. The BOT has so many people who care not about football, which has been the problem. If the people with the money now care and now have more money people with them....there is the necesarry change

If he was at miami these last years, Would there be "Fire Mario" planes from our "fans" based on embarrassing losses like he had to Stanford and Utah?

Oregon will probably be thrilled if miami "steals him"
So what undefeated coach is walking through that door for us? Some of you would have found ways to nitpick a Saban, or a Bellicheck.

Advertisement
I’ve gotten only one impression after reading Ducks fans comments…

1638456036871.gif

Unlike PSG and City, Newcastle does have a lot of history. They are one of the biggest clubs in England with an extremely passionate fanbase. But your point still stands. These sovereign wealth funds are throwing money at their team and trying to one-up their neighbor.
They better start winning some games or they are going to be playing in the 2nd division next year

Yeah, this. You can poke holes in any coaches resume.
And some holes are bigger than others, like a DC from a failed staff who took a G5 job.

For me the HC is important, but just as important is who they bring in to run the offense and defense.

Advertisement
Why would people from Dubai just jump into a strictly american sport? First of all its a non profit so operates different. They have jump into soccer across the world because they can control everything. I can see why the Soffer's would have to coax them into it. Maybe they sit and watch and see how it operates. There are many reasons why the program was allowed to sink for so many years but matters not now. Money is only one thing. The BOT has so many people who care not about football, which has been the problem. If the people with the money now care and now have more money people with them....there is the necesarry change
They have so much money they don't know what to do with all of it. As @Brooklyndee said earlier in this thread, they LOVE winning. Doesn't matter what it is, they LOVE to win.

I'd be shocked if Manchester City (English nobody soccer club one of them bought that now wins the league a bunch) makes a profit.

There seems to be a lot of confidence out in Oregon that Mario remains there. Several posters have started threads raising concern in the past couple of days but they are shot down immediately by a couple of people who are adamant Cristobal would never leave. One of them is a poster who has posted on this board in the past - calls himself Miamiduck. I can't remember who he is but for some reason, I believe he is known to some on this board.

Miami is not going to invest in anything. Our 2022 ducks have a chance to play for a National Championship. Why would you leave that to come to Miami. The Miami of old will never happen again, and he knows that. Also the admin at Miami does not care about FB, and last time I checked Diaz is the coach. Go DUCKS!!!

This is his most recent post in response to an article their 247 reporter just posted. He felt the need to reassure their subscribers. He obviously isn't up to date on what's happening here.

Here's the article posted on the Ducks 247 board:

There is obviously a lot of smoke right now coming from the Miami area about the Hurricanes interest in trying to lure Mario Cristobal away from Oregon. They won't move off Manny Diaz this offseason unless they know they are getting a good coach, and Cristobal would fit that billing. The attaction to coaching Miami in his hometown near friends and family that he grew up with is very enticing. There is no denying that Oregon is going to have to up the ante to make sure Cristobal and his staff at Oregon are properly compensated. The market has changed for a good football coach. The discussions about a new and improved deal are already happening for Mario's contract, as well as more commitments to his staff and the facilities.

I would be totally shocked if Mario Cristobal left Oregon for Miami after this season. Speaking with people around the Oregon program as well, they would be shocked. It would have to be a total out-of-left field move. Mario Cristobal gets free reign over the football program and has the total support of the athletic department and its major boosters. There are no concessions needing to be made by him with his requests or asks. He needs more money to pay the staff, the school finds a way to get it done. He needs an upgrade to this facility, the school finds a way to do it. Could Miami take him away? Sure, but it's going to take deep money that any sane person would say yes to before the official offer presentation hasn't been finished. Does Miami do that? Maybe they can. But if we're talking about bumping his pay up a few million dollars more per year, that won't scare away Oregon. And the fact of the matter is the Oregon program is the better program in today's college football climate. Sure, Miami has a more sustainable recruiting ground, but in every other box the Ducks win out. They've won more games, they've won more conference titles, they've won more playoff games, the list goes on and on. That's what's been communicated to me from people around the program.

The Ducks have a roster that will be talented enough to get back to the college football playoff over the next few years, and that recruiting machine doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. Plus, Cristobal has made it known many times on and off the record for how thankful he is and how loyal he is to Oregon's athletic department and big boosters because of them giving him the job in 2017, and then being able to quickly upgrade and improve the program with the commitments they've done.

If this was 2018 I'd be concerned about Mario leaving. Oregon wasn't the Oregon it is today. Maybe he leaves in a few years after he sees this program's run and attempt at a national title work and or playoff run work out or fail. Until I hear something that would suggest otherwise, I am not expecting Mario Cristobal to leave Oregon.

--

It's been pretty quiet on their boards up until today. The topic seems to have gotten their attention in a big way. For every person on their board who laughs at the idea that Cristobal would leave Oregon for Miami, there is a poster who reminds them of the "surprises" that have happened this week within the coaching ranks.
There's a new coach at USC that WILL change the recruiting landscape in CA.

"... and that recruiting machine doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon."

Advertisement
Back