The Ducks are Quacking....

but they don’t. And they view us on the same level as a Colorado. If we switch the schools and you can pick one: Pitt, Georgia Tech, Washington, UCLA, Baylor. Whatever. You would probably feel like you are safe from those schools right? You would feel like they are beneath you and not a threat. That’s how they look at us. We are a 7-5 program with (historically) low financial support clinging to a distant history. My point is that we would all feel the same way they are feeling if the tables were turned. Y’all are picking a nuanced fight, which I respect and admire in a day where there isn’t much. But that’s not how a fan base collectively thinks. A program with a handful of conference championships and a few trips to the postseason over the last 10 years will not look at us as a program on their level
Who cares what their perception is. It's not something to even argue about. The only perception that matters is that of Mario Cristobal.

Those fans have no idea what the recruiting landscape is here. They have to recruit nationally. Being able to recruit at a high level in your own backyard is a big advantage even if all other schools are trying to pull players away. Coaches know that. It just takes the right coach to win consistently and recruits will come. Mario being a top recruiter has half the battle won.

If we break through to win an ACC title and make the CFP, it's a wrap. We get more 5 stars staying home. We take back Tampa from Clemson and start building that "State of Miami" fence again.

This could all happen starting next year if we get things turned around. We have enough talent to compete for an ACC title. We just need the right leadership.

Advertisement
I feel like I’m the only Miami fan that agrees with these people. I look at it like I have a hot wife that does all types of stuff. We have money, we live in a beautiful house and so on. Now this girl who has been road hard but still is pretty wants me to leave my wife. She has a very ****** reputation but says she’s going to change. Would I? No. No I wouldn’t. I do think it’s a better job than old miss but not Oregon. What that poster said was 100% correct
You're projecting a little here, bud. You ok?

Unlike PSG and City, Newcastle does have a lot of history. They are one of the biggest clubs in England with an extremely passionate fanbase. But your point still stands. These sovereign wealth funds are throwing money at their team and trying to one-up their neighbor.
LOL I'm going to assume that manu stands for Manchester United.

Who cares what their perception is. It's not something to even argue about. The only perception that matters is that of Mario Cristobal.

Those fans have no idea what the recruiting landscape is here. They have to recruit nationally. Being able to recruit at a high level in your own backyard is a big advantage even if all other schools are trying to pull players away. Coaches know that. It just takes the right coach to win consistently and recruits will come. Mario being a top recruiter has half the battle won.

If we break through to win an ACC title and make the CFP, it's a wrap. We get more 5 stars staying home. We take back Tampa from Clemson and start building that "State of Miami" fence again.

This could all happen starting next year if we get things turned around. We have enough talent to compete for an ACC title. We just need the right leadership.
I agree with this take and with the other posters, but their takes are based on perception. They have achieved a lot of the things that you just listed that we can do already. I think we can all agree that we have to prove it to some extent. I don't think many fanbases would see that as a destination, and wouldn't be worried. I hope to God Mario comes here and changes that. It would be a massive coup and a message to the country

Recruits don't come if u win....recruits come for bags and relationships. I seen the gators do well and no one go there...I seen teams with bad records get real good classes. It takes the one coach who can keep kids home first recruit nationally then the wins will come. That win first **** has to many contradictions and proof it's bs. U get a monster recruiter and kids will come for him.

Advertisement
If he was at miami these last years, Would there be "Fire Mario" planes from our "fans" based on embarrassing losses like he had to Stanford and Utah?

Oregon will probably be thrilled if miami "steals him"
We would have better evals and a different roster. Flagg wouldn't be our starting linebacker I bet my *** he wouldn't be recruited.

Recruits don't come if u win....recruits come for bags and relationships. I seen the gators do well and no one go there...I seen teams with bad records get real good classes. It takes the one coach who can keep kids home first recruit nationally then the wins will come. That win first **** has to many contradictions and proof it's bs. U get a monster recruiter and kids will come for him.
Ever heard of Ron Zook?

I think we need to do both, win and recruit well. No other program should know this better than us. How many times have we started out hot on trail only for it to fall apart in season when we start losing?

****, it happened just this season lol.

It’s definitely a bit of both. It’s no coincidence Miami got the 8th best class in the nation in 2018 after a 9-4 season with a bowl win and mostly committing during a season with a 10-0 start.

UF is also a poor example because Dan Mullen couldn’t recruit Ricky Williams to a weed farm.

Money is for sure a big part, and there will always be some recruits where it’s MOE, but if you can win at Miami and sell the vision, recruiting will pick up easy.

Advertisement
I feel like I’m the only Miami fan that agrees with these people. I look at it like I have a hot wife that does all types of stuff. We have money, we live in a beautiful house and so on. Now this girl who has been road hard but still is pretty wants me to leave my wife. She has a very ****** reputation but says she’s going to change. Would I? No. No I wouldn’t. I do think it’s a better job than old miss but not Oregon. What that poster said was 100% correct
I think you looking at the whole situation a little bit off. Miami isn’t some side chick that all of a sudden came around. Miami was that high school Sweetheart long time ex girlfriend that you have a lot in common with and have a lot of history with. Yeah you moved on and you may be a different person but there’s still that part of you that says I wonder what would happen if we were to stay together. And now opportunity seems to have popped up.
And the reason that you broke up with that girl had nothing to do with the way you felt about her or how she felt about you. The reason you broke up was because there were circumstances beyond your control that you couldn’t handle.
You’ve been talking and it seems like you’ve never left. But yeah you’re in a bad situation cause you’re currently committed and everything you wanted is there but there is still something missing.

Maybe it was her parents maybe it was your parents maybe it was a job that you had to take or she had to leave for school.
Regardless those emotions are still there and there are times where may better for you to keep going but not every situation is the same and there are times where it’s better go back.

The way I see it, if you give Mario the keys to the car and he walks on to green tree it’s gonna be like a dream come true for him. I doubt that there has been any time since he has gotten to Oregon that he feels like his dreams have come true. And you can’t put a price tag on that. Not saying he’s coming but if he’s seriously thinking about it it’s because of the reasons I just laid out. It’s the same reason Frost left it’s the same reason fickle won’t leave for any job right now unless it’s Ohio State. And it’s the same reason Dabo will be the first person Bama calls when Saban dips.

I agree with this take and with the other posters, but their takes are based on perception. They have achieved a lot of the things that you just listed that we can do already. I think we can all agree that we have to prove it to some extent. I don't think many fanbases would see that as a destination, and wouldn't be worried. I hope to God Mario comes here and changes that. It would be a massive coup and a message to the country
I agree, but I could care less what their fanbase or any other fanbase thinks.

talking heads GIF

Advertisement
Not true. Florida recruiting the past 4 years:

2018 - 14th
2019 - 9th
2020 - 9th
2021 - 12th

I'd say that's pretty good recruiting considering Mullen is not a good recruiter.

This tells me that if a move is happening its happening soon. No way Oregon admin wants to put up with weeks of speculation and message board vitriol with games still left to play.
He would be stupid to leave Nike. He is in a better conference with the possibility of a statue with only USC as his competition.

Advertisement
Ever heard of Ron Zook?

I think we need to do both, win and recruit well. No other program should know this better than us. How many times have we started out hot on trail only for it to fall apart in season when we start losing?

****, it happened just this season lol.
I think a genius x and o guy cant win without recruiting, Zook got talent but they brought in one of the best coaches ever. At least if u amass talent u have an NFL pipeline 1st rounders u stay relevant as where when u send jags to the league u look like UCF. I rather always a recruiter for the benefits of NFL prestige and notoriety. But thats just me, the best coaches in cfb are all mega recruiters not geniuses....Saban lets everyone play with his toys while he stands there like an *******

It’s definitely a bit of both. It’s no coincidence Miami got the 8th best class in the nation in 2018 after a 9-4 season with a bowl win and mostly committing during a season with a 10-0 start.

UF is also a poor example because Dan Mullen couldn’t recruit Ricky Williams to a weed farm.

Money is for sure a big part, and there will always be some recruits where it’s MOE, but if you can win at Miami and sell the vision, recruiting will pick up easy.
its not the 8th best class im sorry, u have to look at the best evaluator schools and grade rankings that way. U cant trust fsu uf or um so 8th my ***, it says that but its not 8th. If u rerank these classes 3-4 years later its different., Its like doing the NFL draft 4 years later it would be different.....or back years ago Brady would be number one same as Mahomes.

Not true. Florida recruiting the past 4 years:

2018 - 14th
2019 - 9th
2020 - 9th
2021 - 12th

I'd say that's pretty good recruiting considering Mullen is not a good recruiter.
all trash and bad evals, his classes sucked period i dont care what that says.

Advertisement
Back