The Ducks are Quacking....

There's a new coach at USC that WILL change the recruiting landscape in CA.

"... and that recruiting machine doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon."
I've been saying this a while. Mario can recruit, but as soon as USC gets on their feet, he doesn't get his pick of California 5* players anymore

Advertisement
They have so much money they don't know what to do with all of it. As @Brooklyndee said earlier in this thread, they LOVE winning. Doesn't matter what it is, they LOVE to win.

I'd be shocked if Manchester City (English nobody soccer club one of them bought that now wins the league a bunch) makes a profit.
They do. Its amazing but they do. On paper, tho.

Yeah, this. You can poke holes in any coaches resume.
Any chance Lane could be fired this year for product on field? **** no !

If any coach's resume can be nitpicked, why is Manny not in that category?

Answer.. .he lost games he shouldn't. Just like Mario

Advertisement
They have so much money they don't know what to do with all of it. As @Brooklyndee said earlier in this thread, they LOVE winning. Doesn't matter what it is, they LOVE to win.

I'd be shocked if Manchester City (English nobody soccer club one of them bought that now wins the league a bunch) makes a profit.
Im not talking about the profit. Just the way it operates, which is my point. College football operates different cuz of the nature of it. They can use Man City or PSG as a brand builder etc. But if these people sre really involved. We will have our own stadium. Trust.

All is pretty quiet on their board right now - no more talk about how they are keeping Cristobal. They seem to be more inclined right now to keep an eye on Lincoln Riley and recruiting.. And wondering what their OC board looks like now that Moorehead is leaving for Akron.

All is pretty quiet on their board right now - no more talk about how they are keeping Cristobal. They seem to be more inclined right now to keep an eye on Lincoln Riley and recruiting.. And wondering what their OC board looks like now that Moorehead is leaving for Akron.

I'm sure it looks mostly like:

the-mighty.gif

Every fan on this site would have the exact same reaction if a team like Colorado was trying to poach our HC who had won multiple ACC championships. Even if he was from there, we would laugh it off our board. Only time will tell but they aren’t being unreasonable IMO
but they are being unreasonable. they have a nice program but they are so geographically out there and have no recruiting base. they aren't who they think they are.

Advertisement
Everyone was shocked when Riley and Kelly left. Why not Mario?

****, Kelly had a closer shot at the CFP than Mario this year.
They're just trying to convince themselves more than anyone else that Mario isn't leaving. They have not asked Mario the right question or any question for that matter. Would you consider the Miami job?

I think if Mario leaves Oregon, it will be swift. Diaz will be fired and Mario would be hired the same day or next day.

The fact that no one has said Manny will be retained tells you all you need to know. I'm not saying Mario will come, but I am saying the administration is going after him.
Relax my bro. Trust me I’m as hot as anyone, but let’s just see what transpires.
Right now, no news is good news. The wheels are quietly turning. This is the calm before the storm.

No one has come out and said Manny is retained another year. That clearly means the admin is looking for a change. Only way Manny stays is if we can't get Plan A, B, or C.

No - I don't think that this takes the point away. Our program has been inferior to theirs for the last several years. I'm not shocked that their fans think this is a joke
but it absolutely does... Those are objective realities and competitive advantages that aren't being considered.
Very poor analogy. Any coach coming to Miami inherits an advantage in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, and in no realm of reality is leaving Miami for Colorado the same as leaving Oregon for Miami.

It's a poor analogy simply because Miami is to not Oregon what Colorado is to Miami. Even as down as Miami has been the last 15+ years it is still viewed as an upper tier job and if/when the administration actually pumped resources into the program it elevates to one of the top two tiers of jobs.

If Mario leaves, they have the $$$ to go after Kiffin or Fickell or anybody they want.... they can match LSU or more

Wouldn't be surprised if they already have reached out of a few potential candidates....

If Lane gets out there with some "swoosh" cash, USC could have some serious competition...

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's a poor analogy simply because Miami is to not Oregon what Colorado is to Miami. Even as down as Miami has been the last 15+ years it is still viewed as an upper tier job and if/when the administration actually pumped resources into the program it elevates to one of the top two tiers of jobs.
but they don’t. And they view us on the same level as a Colorado. If we switch the schools and you can pick one: Pitt, Georgia Tech, Washington, UCLA, Baylor. Whatever. You would probably feel like you are safe from those schools right? You would feel like they are beneath you and not a threat. That’s how they look at us. We are a 7-5 program with (historically) low financial support clinging to a distant history. My point is that we would all feel the same way they are feeling if the tables were turned. Y’all are picking a nuanced fight, which I respect and admire in a day where there isn’t much. But that’s not how a fan base collectively thinks. A program with a handful of conference championships and a few trips to the postseason over the last 10 years will not look at us as a program on their level

I cannot wait for the salty Duck tears when Mario comes home...

If Mario leaves, they have the $$$ to go after Kiffin or Fickell or anybody they want.... they can match LSU or more

Wouldn't be surprised if they already have reached out of a few potential candidates....

If Lane gets out there with some "swoosh" cash, USC could have some serious competition...
This could be why Lane nor Mario have signed an extension. I have been under the assumption Mario isnt signing one bc he is coming to Miami. But could not pin down why Lane hasn't. Maybe ending up in Oregon is a possibility.

All speculation no sauce.

Advertisement
but they don’t. And they view us on the same level as a Colorado. If we switch the schools and you can pick one: Pitt, Georgia Tech, Washington, UCLA, Baylor. Whatever. You would probably feel like you are safe from those schools right? You would feel like they are beneath you and not a threat. That’s how they look at us. We are a 7-5 program with (historically) low financial support clinging to a distant history. My point is that we would all feel the same way they are feeling if the tables were turned. Y’all are picking a nuanced fight, which I respect and admire in a day where there isn’t much. But that’s not how a fan base collectively thinks. A program with a handful of conference championships and a few trips to the postseason over the last 10 years will not look at us as a program on their level
The fans can wear all the yellow and green glasses they want. It doesn't change reality. I think Gaynesville is a trash place with a trash university.

I can also take off my orange and green glasses and realize UF is actually a good job.

The fans can be as irrational as they want. It doesn't change reality. It is no different than if we tried convincing ourselves FSU was a Georgia Tech level school. They're in a rut right now, but we all know despite our hate that FSU is a significantly better job than GT.

Ah Yanks and their ignorance. Fun times.

Advertisement
Back