The defense regressed badly since Al Golden’s Recruits Left

This is not true. Manny recruited all the players we have on Defense since he was under Richt. Offense is different.

Which part isn't true? I agree with you, they're his kids, but I said it hasn't been "his defense" since 2018, when we fielded one of the best defenses we've had in a very long time. He now has ALL of his kids, none of Golden's, and is the coordinator. OP's opinion will be put to the test for the next 11+ games. If he truly can't coordinate a good defense with his kids better than he did with Golden's kids, then we'll see that come to fruition this year. But you can't say it after 1 game against Alabama, as ****** as it was.

Advertisement
Way more simple than that. It's the two guys you guys dogged on this board for years. Shaq and Pinckney and Manny's inability to recruit a single functional LB (his position of expertise).

Al played football, little **** Manny probably never sniffed a start on a football team. Nerd vs. player.

Advertisement
Im not forgiving him or saying he should be, but like poster above said, "He was his own worst enemy"

Get rid of No D and he may have saved his job
It would have temporarily saved his job. Keep in mind, the players thought he was a joke or didn’t believe in him. This isn’t coming from me but someone close to program.

What are you talking about? Shaq and pick didn’t play a single snap under golden. Jaquan and redwine played 1 year under golden and 3 years under manny. You’re going to try telling me jaquan and redwine regressed under manny? Same with Mike Jack? Joe Jackson played all 3 years under manny. Harris played 2 under each and had his 2 best years under manny?

go look back on all the reaches or misses golden had.
Those were all Goldens recruits. Not dumbass manures. All those kids were recruited for 3 plus years by Golden, and signed with miami a month after manny was hired and only stuck because of the high profile coach Richt was. Get your facts straight!

Let's see what the PPG allowed under Golden was compared to Manny. I've gotta get the kids to bed.

Advertisement
Manny’s scheme is perfectly fine. He’s just not a good teacher or coach, that’s why things look disjointed. He’s knows what it’s supposed to look like and he can make things sound good, but he’s not nuanced or detailed enough, so things get overlooked or missed.

He’s more of a stats guy/analytics nerd than coach
That's it! You hit it right there. Hes not a good teacher or coach and as a result there isn't enough attention to detail and he isn't detailed or nuanced enough. That's a big part of the problem. I do think that his scheme could use a little tweeking which is why I was so excited about coaches like Simpson, T Rob and analyst Shoop joining the staff. It didn't seem to make much of any difference in the Alabama game but TBH I wasnt really expecting it to. I have always maintained that these additions wouldn't really start making a difference we can see until a few games into the season and we should continue to improve throughout the year.

Having said all that I was completely opposed to scheduling this game. We had nothing to gain as a program. For anyone who had watched us the past 2 seasons and were expecting for us to just magically be on Alabama's level were just dreaming. Like another poster said, its going to take us 2-3 recruiting classes and that is assuming that we have the coaching which is a completely different subject. I will have much more on that by tomorrow.

Those were all Goldens recruits. Not dumbass manures. All those kids were recruited for 3 plus years by Golden, and signed with miami a month after manny was hired and only stuck because of the high profile coach Richt was. Get your facts straight!
The point the OP was making was that the kids regressed under manny when in fact manny developed them. Every single of the players he listed had their best year under manny. Get your reading comprehension up to a 5th grade level!

its hilarious how quickly this board forgets how terrible of a developer golden was. Legit wasted the careers of A burns, d Busch, Kirby, t Howard, just to name a few.

one thing i'll say

does manny ever scout his own tendencies? cuz alabaga sure seemed to have a bead on how we were going to blitz.

he had a whole offseason to disguise, change tendencies, knowing that he couldn't go in with the sos

I was watching clips from the 2016 App State game and I was amazed at the talent we had on our roster.

Advertisement
I think the OL and QB has something to do with this, not "any competant OC"

I literally watched Even Neal pummel and wash half of the DL down and i also saw our players do some dumb **** like try a spin move that gave up the gap integrity.

However you're correct Manny's main philosophy is to get a team behind the sticks. Unfortunately we have not been able to get off the field on third down lately. last year it was a problem too.

As for the slot...gurvan needs to be on the bench as he plays deeper than a DNO CB from the player he is over. I mean he starts deep and gets NO DEPTH when he back peddles either.
The qb did nothing to impress me.

The OL impressed me a ton.

Its any competent oc....theres a reason we speak on Kenny Pickett the GOAT or had Toledo's of the world move the ball. I also think Louisville is still running that outsdide toss play for 7+ yards a pop, that they run against us EVERY TIME.

A anonymous ACC coach said Manny was "gimmicky" and acts like the smartest guy in the room...and some of yall got in your feelings.

Well...

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

FIFY King. I’m sure that anonymous ACC coach was agreed upon, unanimously, by fellow colleagues. Lol.

Advertisement
The point the OP was making was that the kids regressed under manny when in fact manny developed them. Every single of the players he listed had their best year under manny. Get your reading comprehension up to a 5th grade level!

its hilarious how quickly this board forgets how terrible of a developer golden was. Legit wasted the careers of A burns, d Busch, Kirby, t Howard, just to name a few.
I agree Golden was terrible but manure is worse! All those players you say got better with manure were there first year here. Every single one of them regressed each year after. Get your comprehension up sport! Atleast Golden played the ******* game and knew what a D1 athlete was supposed to look like instead of the analytics nerd taking midgets on scholarship that look like him. Team reflects there coach!

I agree Golden was terrible but manure is worse! All those players you say got better with manure were there first year here. Every single one of them regressed each year after. Get your comprehension up sport! Atleast Golden played the ******* game and knew what a D1 athlete was supposed to look like instead of the analytics nerd taking midgets on scholarship that look like him. Team reflects there coach!
I cannot believe we have fans defending and advocating for Al golden on a Miami board. How quickly people forget the 2014 and 2015 seasons or that he tried suing the university. That 2014 team is all time underachieving team.

I cannot believe we have fans defending and advocating for Al golden on a Miami board. How quickly people forget the 2014 and 2015 seasons or that he tried suing the university. That 2014 team is all time underachieving team.
So what do you call mannys 2 plus season since he OWNS the two worst losses in Miami history in fiu 19 and UNC 20?

So what do you call mannys 2 plus season since he OWNS the two worst losses in Miami history in fiu 19 and UNC 20?
LOL

2007 vs Virginia last game at the orange bowl.

2015 vs Clemson that got your daddy al golden fired.

miami went 8-3 last year. Jury is still out on manny this year. If Miami doesn’t win at least 10 games in the regular season this year barring serious injuries then manny is a corch. Inexcusable this year.

Advertisement
Back