Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Gave Charlo the first 3, Castano the next 3, two close rounds but it was clear in the 8th that you sensed Charlo was on the verge of closing it out and that he eventually did. Wanna see Charlo vs Fundora next
I only gave Castano one round. The rest were clear or close wins for Charlo, but I agree that should be a great fight.

I only gave Castano one round. The rest were clear or close wins for Charlo, but I agree that should be a great fight.

I can see how you'd give Castano only one round; he had success in spurts more than clearly winning a round. I earned more respect for Charlo's chin last night because he took some shots last night and was never clearly buzzed

What's next for Charlo? Will he stick around for a while in 154? I'd love to see him fight the winner of Spence and Crawford in 2023.

Advertisement
What's next for Charlo? Will he stick around for a while in 154? I'd love to see him fight the winner of Spence and Crawford in 2023.

Fundora vs Charlo need to happen imo.

Remember Tim Tszyu out there too as a mandatory for one of Charlo belts and like you said, whoever wins between Spence and Crawford becomes an automatic mandatory for when they move up. I think it’s the IBF that makes the winner of that belt an automatic mandatory when you move up to the next weight class

Fundora vs Charlo need to happen imo.

Remember Tim Tszyu out there too as a mandatory for one of Charlo belts and like you said, whoever wins between Spence and Crawford becomes an automatic mandatory for when they move up. I think it’s the IBF that makes the winner of that belt an automatic mandatory when you move up to the next weight class
Fundora looks like a freak out there at 154. What is it like 6'6? He has a promising future in boxing. Another win for the sport of boxing last night. Things have been looking up since the beginning of April. Benavidez is next weekend. I'm attending the fight with my dad. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Probably fight one more time at 154 then move up to 160, Mall said he’s gonna go to 168 and spence said bud is his last fight at 147 so he’s on his way to 154 next year

Probably fight one more time at 154 then move up to 160, Mall said he’s gonna go to 168 and spence said bud is his last fight at 147 so he’s on his way to 154 next year
Big Charlo will prob want a tuneup at 168. Then he’ll fight Benavdez. Winner gets Canelo. Im a fan.

Advertisement
Easy night for Boots.
Boots is going to be the most ducked at 147. My guess is he gets a decent tune up and then Bud after the Spence fight. I’m guessing here but if Bud loses to Spence I could see Boots retiring him a year from now.

Advertisement

Charlo needs to fight Benavidez next but he won't. He'll go for the tuneup at 168. Then he'll try and sneak through the backdoor to get a spot with Canelo. I am thinking it's Plant vs Benavidez next. Hopefully I am wrong.

Charlo needs to fight Benavidez next but he won't. He'll go for the tuneup at 168. Then he'll try and sneak through the backdoor to get a spot with Canelo. I am thinking it's Plant vs Benavidez next. Hopefully I am wrong.

I'm taking Benavidez if that goes down. I like Plant but he doesn't have enough power.

Advertisement

We'll see how long David Lemieux last tonight. I think it's been a year or so since he fought last. Looking forward to seeing this fight in person tonight. I haven't been to a live event since Pedraza Beltran. The over/ under is like 6 rounds for this. I'll go with Benavedez in round 7 for the stopage.

El Bandera Roja! He’s so fun to watch especially live. What a fun atmosphere. The home crowd was into it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back