The change at DE

Advertisement
After watching practice, we definitely need help everywhere on Defense. We’re incredibly thin at DE, LB and CB. Also, hot take here, I don’t like our depth at DT either.
I didnt make a practice in two years and I coulda told you that brother.. Dont get fooled by the sunshine pumpers that scream 15-0..

ANYTIME a bench player can move positions and house a starting spot, TROUBLE.. You can be small but you better be fast as fck.. we have a small and slug player in middle of our defense.. then had a converted DB next to him.. Defense is a MASH unit right now.. MARIO SAVE US!!!

After watching practice, we definitely need help everywhere on Defense. We’re incredibly thin at DE, LB and CB. Also, hot take here, I don’t like our depth at DT either.
Agree on dt and de depth, but not with cb and LB we have plenty bodies jus not enough talent in those bodies!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well what do you know...only been saying it for 3 years its his natural spot. Me and Scaife were basically same frame wise as college players and i played out wide at tackle though would be pidgeonholed for the interior due to height....i could never be comfortable inside and they would move me right back outside where i flourished.

Scaife isnt that strong inside...which leads to him over thinking and missing assignments or getting blown up at times..he just has a nice feel on the outside imo

As long as he ain’t gotta block Thanos like opening week last year.

Advertisement
There’s some promise but yeah, it’s clear the coaches don’t have a ton of faith. People here think bringing some different coaches is going to turn a bunch of jags into stars. It’s not that easy. Just another position group that was woefully short on talent.
Give this staff all these guys from when they were freshmen they would be a lot better with better coaching, culture, scheme, training, and nutrition. They were all talented and most recruited by major schools. But Miami failed them all by not providing the above things I listed. Stop saying we are short on talent! Because we have top 15 percentage in blue chip ratio. I don’t think 20 years of the university not giving a **** about football and letting it die can be changed in 9 months but I think we can win 10-12 games next season. It was much more than the players

Last edited:
I like Scaife, but regardless of his recognition by the ACC last season, I don't think he demonstrated himself an upper echelon run blocker at either OG/OT or edge defender when at tackle. Again, that may all change this year with the increased coaching and improved S&C. But I wouldn't bet the season on it.

Lashlee and Justice slowly built up the line from that disastrous 2019 situation. 2020 was better, and 2021 better still. A line of Nelson, Rivers, Clark, Sagapolu/Oluwaseon, Scaife/Campbell would continue the ascent and be an improvement vs 2021. It's now not a bad line at all. But I don't believe it's good enough to be ACCCG level, much less national championship level, which is where we want it.
Lmao what? You don’t think he good even though the experts do? Ok..
we all can agree his best position is at RT, right? Well he did not play that last year as a more seasoned player. He obviously not strong enough to be a guard, but also the last time we saw him at tackle was his SOPHOMORE season (and the guard next to him was dookie). That’s two years ago my G. Now he should be stronger and a better run blocker on the outside after having played inside for a year. He should be all everything this year with better coaching, strength and conditioning and nutrition. And also not running the same running play on first down will help all the online out. Lashlee was butt at the running game lol. I heard Mario name 15 different types of running plays back to back in his press conference yesterday and I **** near shed a little tear lol

Advertisement
His e this staff all these guys from when they were freshmen they would be a lot better with better coaching, culture, scheme, training, and nutrition. They were all talented and most recruited by major schools. But Miami failed them all by not providing the above things I listed. Stop saying we are short on talent! Because we have top 15 percentage in blue chip ratio. I don’t think 20 years of the university not giving a **** about football and letting it die can be changed in 9 months but I think we can win 10-12 games next season. It was much more than the players
You can tell yourself that the defensive line is talented but the coaches obviously feel otherwise. They’ve already added three guys from the portal and are looking for more. Miami may have a top 15 blue chip ratio but their defensive line isn’t anywhere near top 15 level. That's just being real. There’s a few younger guys who haven’t had the chance to contribute yet but they need someone to play right now. That’s why they’re taking so many transfers

You can tell yourself that the defensive line is talented but the coaches obviously feel otherwise. They’ve already added three guys from the portal and are looking for more. Miami may have a top 15 blue chip ratio but their defensive line isn’t anywhere near top 15 level. That's just being real. There’s a few younger guys who haven’t had the chance to contribute yet but they need someone to play right now. That’s why they’re taking so many transfers
Still doesn’t change the fact that these guys weren’t scrubs coming in and got recruited by all the schools. Just because the coaches are looking for guys that can play better now doesn’t mean they don’t think the guys are good. Just were not given the tools they needed from the old coaches to be great RIGHT NOW. They can still be developed in the future. They are bringing in competition to push everyone on the team, not just to say the guys on roster now are bums lol. Let things play out. people keep acting like the top teams only have 5 star guys. They get plenty of 3 star guys and DEVELOP them. The old coaching staff obviously was horrible at developing players and you can see it. Give these guys time

Were gonna see what real coaching does for once. All over the country less talented teams than us make it work. Now it’s time to see talent meet coaching. Gonna be a beautiful thing.
Exactly what I be saying. Wake, Pitt, NC State, **** even UVA has some guys that are lowly rated ball out. Pitt and NC states defensive units have been so good because of coaching.

Advertisement
Back