The change at DE

You can tell yourself that the defensive line is talented but the coaches obviously feel otherwise. They’ve already added three guys from the portal and are looking for more. Miami may have a top 15 blue chip ratio but their defensive line isn’t anywhere near top 15 level. That's just being real. There’s a few younger guys who haven’t had the chance to contribute yet but they need someone to play right now. That’s why they’re taking so many transfers
not a single guy on our Returning front 7 has done a **** thing. Yes, LT has tremendous talent and flashed here and there but he hasn’t done anyth8ng yet. JHH, Miller, chantz, harvey, Roberts, ishmael, linebackers, etc..
there is literally not a single retirning guy that has done anything up to now. That’s what manny left us. In the words of someone very high up on the staff, it was a disaster..

Advertisement
You can tell yourself that the defensive line is talented but the coaches obviously feel otherwise. They’ve already added three guys from the portal and are looking for more. Miami may have a top 15 blue chip ratio but their defensive line isn’t anywhere near top 15 level. That's just being real. There’s a few younger guys who haven’t had the chance to contribute yet but they need someone to play right now. That’s why they’re taking so many transfers
It's one thing believing the DL (or OL for that matter) has talent but another thinking they're ready to contribute in a meaningly way. It's a consequence of not having balanced recruiting classes. It can't be fixed over night.

In the short term, UM has to hit the waiver wire (aka portal) to plug holes until recruiting establishes a pipeline of players ready to step up.

not a single guy on our Returning front 7 has done a **** thing. Yes, LT has tremendous talent and flashed here and there but he hasn’t done anyth8ng yet. JHH, Miller, chantz, harvey, Roberts, ishmael, linebackers, etc..
there is literally not a single retirning guy that has done anything up to now. That’s what manny left us. In the words of someone very high up on the staff, it was a disaster..
There’s a few decent pieces and some young talent but you’re right. There were a lot of misses in recruiting over the years. It’s why you need to recruit every position every year. You can’t just say “well we got two guys last year so we should be good” because if those guys don't pan out, you get stuck having to raid the portal for stop gap help.

Lmao what? You don’t think he good even though the experts do? Ok..
we all can agree his best position is at RT, right? Well he did not play that last year as a more seasoned player. He obviously not strong enough to be a guard, but also the last time we saw him at tackle was his SOPHOMORE season (and the guard next to him was dookie). That’s two years ago my G. Now he should be stronger and a better run blocker on the outside after having played inside for a year. He should be all everything this year with better coaching, strength and conditioning and nutrition. And also not running the same running play on first down will help all the online out. Lashlee was butt at the running game lol. I heard Mario name 15 different types of running plays back to back in his press conference yesterday and I **** near shed a little tear lol

I’m not counting anyone out and I trust these coaches more than any staff since Butch’s. But there’s a lot of potential and not enough kinetic in your reply. I see the need for an RT with proven production especially someone who can handle rush end. If Mario doesn’t then I’m on board.

I’m not counting anyone out and I trust these coaches more than any staff since Butch’s. But there’s a lot of potential and not enough kinetic in your reply. I see the need for an RT with proven production especially someone who can handle rush end. If Mario doesn’t then I’m on board.
It’s not potential.. it’s proven! Smh
He didn’t accidentally make all-acc. He has proven he can play guard and tackle actually.
Our line coach is also raving about buddy. Just because he doesn’t have the size people don’t think he nice like that but the people that matter do lol. We not getting a transfer at RT, brother. Let the experts do their job.

Advertisement
It’s not potential.. it’s proven! Smh
He didn’t accidentally make all-acc. He has proven he can play guard and tackle actually.
Our line coach is also raving about buddy. Just because he doesn’t have the size people don’t think he nice like that but the people that matter do lol. We not getting a transfer at RT, brother. Let the experts do their job.

We'll see. I've learned not to believe hype from coaches during Spring ball. Also, have you considered our DEs are not strong enough so he's looking better than he is. ... I'm not knocking the kid. But I don't see the same elite production you do. I definitely didn't see it last season when he earned 2nd team All ACC honors.

Let the experts do their job.

Just curious, who are you talking about here? Searels recruited in Scaife, Donaldson, Dykstra, Herbert, Hillery, Gaynor that class. Not an ACC Championship OL. Or are you talking about Mirabal who has coached this kid for a few weeks while we've seen him live for 4 years? Do you blindly "let the experts do their job"? I haven't really read your posts before. But seems a little patronizing and hypocritical. This is a discussion board. I'm discussing.

Just curious, who are you talking about here? Searels recruited in Scaife, Donaldson, Dykstra, Herbert, Hillery, Gaynor that class. Not an ACC Championship OL. Or are you talking about Mirabal who has coached this kid for a few weeks while we've seen him live for 4 years? Do you blindly "let the experts do their job"? I haven't really read your posts before. But seems a little patronizing and hypocritical. This is a discussion board. I'm discussing.
I’m obviously talking about our current coaches. It doesn’t take long for an Oline coach to know what they have. And also talking about the people who chose the all acc teams.. they agree he one of the best in the league also. I’m also discussing with you, but you’re downplaying a player that has proven he can play and it makes no sense. We need help at guard but tackle was not a problem last year. We played well in pass blocking last year. Run blocking was bad, but it’s cause we ran the same play on first down every time smh. If the whole stadium knows what’s coming they can stop it. You could see the other team calling out our runs.

We'll see. I've learned not to believe hype from coaches during Spring ball. Also, have you considered our DEs are not strong enough so he's looking better than he is. ... I'm not knocking the kid. But I don't see the same elite production you do. I definitely didn't see it last season when he earned 2nd team All ACC honors.
Making all acc doesn’t mean he is by any means elite but you are not going to find an all American RT that’s better either. All sec and all big are the only two that could be better players honestly.

Advertisement
There’s a few decent pieces and some young talent but you’re right. There were a lot of misses in recruiting over the years. It’s why you need to recruit every position every year. You can’t just say “well we got two guys last year so we should be good” because if those guys don't pan out, you get stuck having to raid the portal for stop gap help.
Honest to god Manny was probably the worst coach that we’ve had in our 18 years of sucking. Things were bad from day 1 to his last game. King, Brevin, and some select other players covered up how bad we really were in 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if the staff Mario has brought in, Mario included, was absolutely shocked by how much basic knowledge our guys were missing. The program hasn’t been run the way it’s running now since the late Butch years. Of Randy, Golden, Richt, and Manny, I’d gotta say Manny was the worst.

true

Why my high optimism? Because I saw a team with slightly above average coaching, development, training, development and organizational structure win games and lose some by marginal points. I saw a team become a lot better when we got a real QB. Even with all the unproven and unaccomplished players we beat teams. I know we have enough talent to increase our win total by 3. I know with better coaching and discipline that the incoming talent and portal additions will get us to 10 wins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back