Off-Topic The Car Thread

Advertisement
F88D5D4E-1F29-4A0C-B711-50B25793162E.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sad news.....

FWIW, Ford is planning to hybridize the Mustang. IMO, hybrid vehicles really are the way to go. They offer the range for long trips and could provide a bridge to the eventual fuel source of hydrogen or electricity.

Advertisement
FWIW, Ford is planning to hybridize the Mustang. IMO, hybrid vehicles really are the way to go. They offer the range for long trips and could provide a bridge to the eventual fuel source of hydrogen or electricity.

It depends what your objective is. From my experience, the main reason to have gotten a hybrid was that they were eligible for the federal tax credit. The batteries actually REDUCE the range because they are so heavy.

It depends what your objective is. From my experience, the main reason to have gotten a hybrid was that they were eligible for the federal tax credit. The batteries actually REDUCE the range because they are so heavy.
Our Sienna goes 550 miles at ~34 mpg with a 16 gallon tank. We Never got close to that with the Highlander or older Sienna.

I'm sure the Mustang might be different, but I'm not taking one on a long road trip.

Advertisement
Our Sienna goes 550 miles at ~34 mpg with a 16 gallon tank. We Never got close to that with the Highlander or older Sienna.

I'm sure the Mustang might be different, but I'm not taking one on a long road trip.

Very different from the Beamers and Audi's I have looked at.

Very different from the Beamers and Audi's I have looked at.
I'd believe it. Toyota was leasding the way with hybrids and others are playing catch up. Who knows if that will translate into success with full electric.

My wife and I took a trip last month from Austin to South Padre. It was a six hour road trip.

With a gas powered vehicle, we had to stop once to fill up. It took 5 min.

With an EV, would I need to book a hotel halfway to S Padre to allow for recharging? What is the time to fully recharge a car or SUV?

My wife and I took a trip last month from Austin to South Padre. It was a six hour road trip.

With a gas powered vehicle, we had to stop once to fill up. It took 5 min.

With an EV, would I need to book a hotel halfway to S Padre to allow for recharging? What is the time to fully recharge a car or SUV?

Depends on the car, but generally 45 minutes, give or take.

Range is indeed the huge issue, imagine Miami or Houston having hundreds of thousands of EV's trying to evacuate before a major storm?

Advertisement
Back