Off-Topic The Car Thread

Advertisement
With all of the comments from elected officials about how they drive EV's and are encouraging everyone else to, has anyone pointed out how the current gas prices and EV push are benefitting the rich and hurting the poor? Or has the facade of helping the poor been dropped?

Can you really put a price on the satisfaction derived from a smug sense of superiority?
It's costs me 4p a mile to run by electric car - I get 53p per mile in travel expenses.

So yes, rather smug.

It's costs me 4p a mile to run by electric car - I get 53p per mile in travel expenses.

So yes, rather smug.
I used to work with people who had to drive a lot of miles regularly and they loved getting those checks for $.55/miles because gas was less than $.10/mile. They weren't quite as happy when their 3 year old car had 100k miles and wasn't worth much when they had to trade it in.

Advertisement
I used to work with people who had to drive a lot of miles regularly and they loved getting those checks for $.55/miles because gas was less than $.10/mile. They weren't quite as happy when their 3 year old car had 100k miles and wasn't worth much when they had to trade it in.
It's a lease car through the company - so they're paying the depreciation.

1658431697865.png

Advertisement
First EV that matches or comes close to matching Tesla in range.

The Ioniq 5 looks really nice too, and I am seriously considering trading in my tesla model 3 LR for it. Tesla does have a supercharging network, which is a great convenience.

The Ioniq 5 looks really nice too, and I am seriously considering trading in my tesla model 3 LR for it. Tesla does have a supercharging network, which is a great convenience.

If you have the extended range 3, there is still a big range difference vs. the I-5, and no supercharger network.

If you have the extended range 3, there is still a big range difference vs. the I-5, and no supercharger network.

I have the extended range, but I am looking for an SUV now. The family is growing, so I need a bigger vehicle.

Ioniq 5 has a 303-mile range from what I see online, and the Model Y is 330. The price is a 20k difference, and it's 46K for the Ioniq and 65k for the model Y, plus you get the 7.5k federal tax credit incentive for the Ioniq.

I have the extended range, but I am looking for an SUV now. The family is growing, so I need a bigger vehicle.

Ioniq 5 has a 303-mile range from what I see online, and the Model Y is 330. The price is a 20k difference, and it's 46K for the Ioniq and 65k for the model Y, plus you get the 7.5k federal tax credit incentive for the Ioniq.

I thought the 5 only a 200 something range

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good looking out, man✊ I find myself YouTubing new EVs Every day, lol. I really like the Fisker Ocean, but I have to see it in person first.

I have an order in for it, its a refundable $500 deposit. I like the comfort of SUV's, and also love convertibles, so its theoretically perfect for me.

I have an order in for it, its a refundable $500 deposit. I like the comfort of SUV's, and also love convertibles, so its theoretically perfect for me.

$500!? I thought it was 5k. I'm going to look into it today. 390M range, solar panel roof, SUV, and 17inch display. Sounds like a winner to me. Idk why I thought the deposit was more

For someone like me who probably only puts a few thousand miles a year on a car, absent the kids driving, this would be ideal. I'd just leave it outside and the solar panels would do it all for me.

Very attractive price point as well, I can't wait to hear how you like yours.

Advertisement
Back