The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

1) The Harbaugh comparisons are ridiculous;

2) An offense should be called exclusively based upon the team's personnel, and not based on "philosophy" or what the coach "thinks we should look like;"

3) Fans obsessed with a certain style of play are making the same mistake as stubborn coaches, just with a different scheme in mind.

Advertisement
Everything you’ve said is just like a trim Miami fan. At some point you’ve got to realize that no coach is walking in our door and turning around our **** program in two years.

You like every other Miami fan would find fault with any coach we bring in who doesn’t get us a natty in 3 years.

I couldn’t give a **** about Mario, but tell me what is your solve. I’m listening.
You can’t respond to the actual post so you go on a diatribe about how mean Miami fans are.

Par for the course.

You can’t respond to the actual post so you go on a diatribe about how mean Miami fans are.

Par for the course.
It is Mario’s $8M job to fix this. Get us a championship caliber QB - TVD cost us two games by himself. And Mario’s GT idiocy is another.

Are we Michigan - nope. And don’t need to be. Our personnel is different, we recruit from a completely different region, and we are not a +40K student Midwest school that has tons of alumni to lean on.

It is on Mario to fix this, and he needs to be held accountable. And it doesn’t take turning us into Michigan to do it.

Par for the course.
So what do we change? We are not Michigan and hopefully never will be.

What needs to be done?

Since in my 51 years I’ve never watched Miami football…. LOL

2) An offense should be called exclusively based upon the team's personnel, and not based on "philosophy" or what the coach "thinks we should look like;"

3) Fans obsessed with a certain style of play are making the same mistake as stubborn coaches, just with a different scheme in mind.

[BGCOLOR=initial]Nobody was better at that (#2) than Urban. He doesn't have as many championships as Saban, but I haven't seen a better college coach than Meyer in his prime. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
[BGCOLOR=initial]Nobody was better at that (#2) than Urban. He doesn't have as many championships as Saban, but I haven't seen a better college coach than Meyer in his prime. [/BGCOLOR]
Completely agreed.

So what do we change? We are not Michigan and hopefully never will be.

What needs to be done?

Since in my 51 years I’ve never watched Miami football…. LOL
I was watching The U 30 for 30 last night and the only thing I can figure is we need to find a coach that’s going to ditch us in 4 years and regret it for the rest of their lives

Nope. The people on here would just move the goalposts. Lashlee was creative in play calling, what did they complain about? The lack of ability to run the ball.

Now we have a legit running game, now it's the creativity of the run game. We could run the 49ers run scheme and people on here start would complaining we not using all the routes on the tree, or some bull****.
The running game issues then was we had bums on the OL. Our starting center went to SMU and is a backup lol. What he did was very impressive for what he had protecting the qb’s. Now imagine Dawson with that Ol lol

We’re located in south Florida , we don’t need to be anything like Michigan. Build your team to fit the talent down here.

Advertisement
The thing I liked the most about the old school Canes team was the amount of hate and us against the world the teams generated.

I left the Marlins as my favorite team after they screwed over the tax payers in this county and then the purge from the roster. Loria can rot in ****. I grew up in Miami \ Houston split, parents divorced and lived in different places. I was always a Miami fan and before Miami had the Heat and the Marlins, I was a Rockets and Astros fan. I switched when the Heat and Marlins came on board (yeah, I'm that old), but went back to Astros after mentioned above.

The Astros lost over 100 games that year, but then became the WS champs then came the cheating scandal. I was also a big NASCAR fan before they ruined it in the about a decade ago, and in that sport "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying", so the Astros were the closest ever to most hated like my Canes of old.

Well, I think that Michigan this year has come close to it. The sure amount of hate they have generated this year has been absolutely awesome. The sign stealing, that there is a work of art and commitment to winning I can get behind, cheating or not. I love it and I love that the NCAA is all up in arms ****ed off. That there is the cherry on the cake for me.

How that relates to the thread, it don't. Just rambling, but I would love to see THAT level of commitment at the U. Just would run through a brick wall to win. Accepting losing is the worst part. The "seeing improvement", I don't see real improvement.

You are what you record says you are. It is that simple. Seeing OSU wanting to fire a coach that lost to UM 3 straight years. That there is commitment to winning and holding folks accountable. I guess it is a bunch easier if you don't have a 10 year 80 million tag on the coach, but so far Mario hasn't earned his money in a lot of ways, mainly like D$ pointed out, when it is important on the field.

The running game issues then was we had bums on the OL. Our starting center went to SMU and is a backup lol. What he did was very impressive for what he had protecting the qb’s. Now imagine Dawson with that Ol lol

Yep. Lashlee took an OL with no talent, rFR at QB, a solid at best Receiver core, and a RB that should have been a change of pace skat back, and averaged over 30 points a game. Strictly by scheming open space and matchups.

Dawson took way more talent and said, “lets have X so close to the line of scrimmage he could reach out and touch the LT’s hand and have a piano as a TE and send 3 guys out from this formation and have the QB try to dissect the traffic.”

It’s too completely different worldviews on how the game should be played. And unfortunately for us, Lashlee’s is the correct one.

Dawg, we'd get ******* smoked vs Michigan with or without TVDs 10ints in 4 weeks. Our DBs are not smart enough to keep their eyes out of the backfield and all year Michigan has suckered teams in and then hit a deep play.

And you wanna see Mario get ******* worked by a better coach and staff? Michigan would do exactly that.
No team outside of maybe Georgia and OSU is smoking this current Canes team. These players fight. No one would beat us by 14+ points.

Pathetic excuse for being a Canes fan.

Advertisement
You're so wrong it's laughable. You sound so stupid lol
giphy-27.gif

I know Dawson lacked imagination, and there's plenty of blame to go around for the post self-evaluation debacle. But when Van Dyke wasn't crappin' the bed, Dawson looked pretty good. No?

Advertisement
The reason Miami is 7-5 is because the coaches and quarterback did not consistently manage the game all season.

Miami is 11-1 or 10-2 if Tyler Van Yips didn’t throw 11 INTs and fumble twice against GT, UNC, UVA, NCST and FSU.

Canes had a 15-to-5 turnover ratio against those five opponents and if Kinchens doesn’t bail Miami out with a pick-six against Virginia, that’s an 0-6 stretch of football through Louisville.

How many teams consistently win football games—even with world-class coaches—when they spend over half the seasons on the wrong end of a 3-to-1turnover ratio every week?

Miami is 11-1 or 10-2 if Tyler Van Yips didn’t throw 11 INTs and fumble twice against GT, UNC, UVA, NCST and FSU.

Canes had a 15-to-5 turnover ratio against those five opponents and if Kinchens doesn’t bail Miami out with a pick-six against Virginia, that’s an 0-6 stretch of football through Louisville.

How many teams consistently win football games—even with world-class coaches—when they spend over half the seasons on the wrong end of a 3-to-1turnover ratio every week?
This. Dawson still has some work to do, but Mario and TVD cost us 3 games at a minimum.

Advertisement
Back