the betting line is reality

The fans who believe we will beat Clemson on the road are appreciated but delusional. Their attention to detail is exceptional and has been for the last half decade. It is exactly the type of opponent that will expose our weaknesses that we've been able to mask so far to the fullest. Outside of Bolden we are not a good tackling team and our offensive line while much improved is just not at the level we need them to be. Having staff members like Blake Baker and Scott Patke on staff will be very visible and the difference of the game. FSU and Loserville had defenses that were atrocious and it's easy to get overly excited about our much improved offense. The offense should be able to move the ball on Saturday and it's the consistency of that movement that will keep us in the game or not. To close, we will witness the gap between our solid offensive staff to our not so solid defensive staff in a game of this magnitude. Vegas has them as a two touchdown favorite for a reason and this is why.

And your avatar is your reality. Man up bro.

Advertisement
EnragedCompetentInganue-size_restricted.gif

The fans who believe we will beat Clemson on the road are appreciated but delusional. Their attention to detail is exceptional and has been for the last half decade. It is exactly the type of opponent that will expose our weaknesses that we've been able to mask so far to the fullest. Outside of Bolden we are not a good tackling team and our offensive line while much improved is just not at the level we need them to be. Having staff members like Blake Baker and Scott Patke on staff will be very visible and the difference of the game. FSU and Loserville had defenses that were atrocious and it's easy to get overly excited about our much improved offense. The offense should be able to move the ball on Saturday and it's the consistency of that movement that will keep us in the game or not. To close, we will witness the gap between our solid offensive staff to our not so solid defensive staff in a game of this magnitude. Vegas has them as a two touchdown favorite for a reason and this is why.

I'll bite:

- Believing we can beat Clemson is not a delusion, history has shown anything can happen, in any game. Expecting to win this game would be delusional IMO
- 20K fans is not the same as 80K. It's a factor but communication won't be a big issue
- You're correct, they are one of the best coached teams in CFB
- They will expose our LB play. 100%
- Tackling hasn't been a major issue IMO. Every team misses tackles, even Bama, OSU, Clemson, etc..
- Clemson's DL is not what it has been the last 3 years. Talented, for sure but not filled with guys who they paid to stay instead of going RD1
- Baker and Patke are obvious replacement candidates when the season is over. We aren't going to stifle Trevor Lawrence for 4 quarters, turnovers and a fast start on D will be the key. Special teams (outside of PR) and striker play have been a strength for us so far.
- FSU and Louisville's defenses are poorly coached, we torched them appropriately
- Our offense is why we have a CHANCE to win this game. After watching Clemson's D for three games it's clear they have obvious flaws too.
- Early season CFB spreads are wild guesses, especially in 2020 and with the amount of player/coaching talent transferring from school to school.

I usually don't bet on Miami for the simple fact that it is easy to see with my heart and not my eyes. That said I think the spread is too high for this game and the +460 ML was juicy enough to put a few sheckles on it. My gut tells me Clemson will win a one-score shootout, and my bets reflect that. I'd love to be wrong though.

Advertisement
Obviously I think we lose the game by at least 17..rooting for my boys but I know Clemson is legit and have a star studded roster. That's the reality of it

This isn't the pros where teams are close....Clemson is bama level and rolling with a super star at QB and speed everywhere
They don’t have speed everywhere and isnt loaded like bama either

I follow there recruiting I would say it isn't bama level but it's still elite level. They recruit better then we do except this current class assuming we get Lewis and Daniels.

If Jennings is out there they will exploit it

Advertisement
I follow there recruiting I would say it isn't bama level but it's still elite level. They recruit better then we do except this current class assuming we get Lewis and Daniels.

If Jennings is out there they will exploit it
As a whole maybe their recruiting isn’t at bamas level but what they do better than anyone is stack insane talent at quarterback defensive line and wide receiver. The rest of their recruiting is also really good.

The line does not pick the difference in the final score it is to get the money coming in the same on both sides so Vegas cant lose.

Exactly. The historical perception of each team matters, Vegas will inflate or deflate lines to account for that. It's an inefficiency that can be exploited for financial gain :)

Gotta disagree with you. The line is based off of their recent success and our recent ineptitude. The sample size from 2020 is just too small to overcome that. However, if you were to take the last several years and forget about them, and only look at THIS season, that line would be much lower.

King and Lashlee were in no way part of our failing teams. This team is different. Much like LSU of 2019 was in no way the same team that lost at home to Troy in 2017. Right now people are still cautious that the same old Miami will resurface at any time. It could, that's true, but Dan Enos and Jarren Williams aren't going to be on or near the field this Saturday night. D'Eriq King and Rhett Lashlee will be.

This.

Every expert I’ve heard said this game is closer than most think, most folks are going on history over this particular game. Is Clemson deeper yes? But the front line talent is a lot closer than the average fan thinks.

Last edited:
we might as well just stay home and take an L then
Clemson rarely goes undefeated and they tend to lose a game a year
they lost to pitt and syracuse and should have lost to unc last year
this miami team is much better than those teams so we have a punchers chance
if we can get to 30 plus i think we can win
So if all the stars align, we have a chance? Blind squirrel opportunities

Advertisement
That’s true
My point was more to show that they have been beaten before by teams that were far worse than ours
And our advantage this year is the half empty stadium the home field advantage won’t be the same this year
It’s the people on the field we have issues with, not off it.

As a whole maybe their recruiting isn’t at bamas level but what they do better than anyone is stack insane talent at quarterback defensive line and wide receiver. The rest of their recruiting is also really good.
Great evals and they close...they rarely lose kids. They do sometimes but they lock in most of the time. They recruit well on OL and DL as well.

Advertisement
Their defense at LB and S is not fast at all. They have some quality players there but they're not NFL caliber.

They have more overall talent than Miami but it's not terribly lopsided. Their roster isn't comparable to Alabama's either. Their class rankings over the last 4 years are 16, 7, 10, and 3. Obviously that's really good but Bama's classes over the same period were ranked 1, 5, 1, and 2. Pretty big gap between the two.

They haven't lost a regular season game since 2017 because the ACC is garbage and their non-conference P5 opponent every year is South Carolina who is also garbage. That's not to say they aren't a top program. They are elite it's just that they're not exactly playing a bunch of ranked opponents every year.

It is not delusional to think we can go on the road in a somewhat empty stadium and win a football game.

This is not an NFL team we are facing. It is a college team that can lose to us if we execute and minimize mistakes.

As long as we have Lashlee and King we will be in the game and have a chance. Don't make it seem like this game is a slam dunk victory for the Tigers.
As long as we have Pope returning kicks, we have a chance.

Their defense at LB and S is not fast at all. They have some quality players there but they're not NFL caliber.

They have more overall talent than Miami but it's not terribly lopsided. Their roster isn't comparable to Alabama's either. Their class rankings over the last 4 years are 16, 7, 10, and 3. Obviously that's really good but Bama's classes over the same period were ranked 1, 5, 1, and 2. Pretty big gap between the two.

They haven't lost a regular season game since 2017 because the ACC is garbage and their non-conference P5 opponent every year is South Carolina who is also garbage. That's not to say they aren't a top program. They are elite it's just that they're not exactly playing a bunch of ranked opponents every year.
That looks at every negative you can hobble together against Clemson. Now how about us?

Obviously I think we lose the game by at least 17..rooting for my boys but I know Clemson is legit and have a star studded roster. That's the reality of it

This isn't the pros where teams are close....Clemson is bama level and rolling with a super star at QB and speed everywhere

When you say rooting for your boys do you mean Clemson? Because nobody sucks off Bama/Clemson/UGA like you that’s for sure. Speed everywhere? Do you watch the games?

You’re always so quick to shít on the Canes and prop up your favorites, I don’t know if it’s sad or funny that you still claim to be a Canes fan.

Advertisement
Back