the betting line is reality

ball915

All-American
The fans who believe we will beat Clemson on the road are appreciated but delusional. Their attention to detail is exceptional and has been for the last half decade. It is exactly the type of opponent that will expose our weaknesses that we've been able to mask so far to the fullest. Outside of Bolden we are not a good tackling team and our offensive line while much improved is just not at the level we need them to be. Having staff members like Blake Baker and Scott Patke on staff will be very visible and the difference of the game. FSU and Loserville had defenses that were atrocious and it's easy to get overly excited about our much improved offense. The offense should be able to move the ball on Saturday and it's the consistency of that movement that will keep us in the game or not. To close, we will witness the gap between our solid offensive staff to our not so solid defensive staff in a game of this magnitude. Vegas has them as a two touchdown favorite for a reason and this is why.

Advertisement
Ed Bassmaster Nascar GIF by Insurance_King

we might as well just stay home and take an L then
Clemson rarely goes undefeated and they tend to lose a game a year
they lost to pitt and syracuse and should have lost to unc last year
this miami team is much better than those teams so we have a punchers chance
if we can get to 30 plus i think we can win

Advertisement
Gotta disagree with you. The line is based off of their recent success and our recent ineptitude. The sample size from 2020 is just too small to overcome that. However, if you were to take the last several years and forget about them, and only look at THIS season, that line would be much lower.

King and Lashlee were in no way part of our failing teams. This team is different. Much like LSU of 2019 was in no way the same team that lost at home to Troy in 2017. Right now people are still cautious that the same old Miami will resurface at any time. It could, that's true, but Dan Enos and Jarren Williams aren't going to be on or near the field this Saturday night. D'Eriq King and Rhett Lashlee will be.

It is not delusional to think we can go on the road in a somewhat empty stadium and win a football game.

This is not an NFL team we are facing. It is a college team that can lose to us if we execute and minimize mistakes.

As long as we have Lashlee and King we will be in the game and have a chance. Don't make it seem like this game is a slam dunk victory for the Tigers.

Advertisement
I made tonne of money off of Bama being way better then 18pts better then TAMU.

I don't think you know how Vegas line are made.
They are made to make Vegas money. Clemson alumni bet on Clemson no matter what driving the number higher (much like Notre Dame), while the Miami alumni are more cognizant of the realities of our program.

I've made 1,500 off of Miami this year alone because the Spread has been terrible,

OP playing the role of Captain Obvious.

I clicked on it for you. I think everyone on here knows that there is a mountain to climb and they are nothing but quality. There is nothing wrong with a little optimism based on what we have seen and some of the improvements. Can we win? Yes. Will we? I don't know and neither do you.

Your analysis is the same as my kid would give and thank the good lord you aren't our coach because you sound like a quitter. To me this is a measuring stick and how we play after is as well.

Advertisement
The fans who believe we will beat Clemson on the road are appreciated but delusional. Their attention to detail is exceptional and has been for the last half decade. It is exactly the type of opponent that will expose our weaknesses that we've been able to mask so far to the fullest. Outside of Bolden we are not a good tackling team and our offensive line while much improved is just not at the level we need them to be. Having staff members like Blake Baker and Scott Patke on staff will be very visible and the difference of the game. FSU and Loserville had defenses that were atrocious and it's easy to get overly excited about our much improved offense. The offense should be able to move the ball on Saturday and it's the consistency of that movement that will keep us in the game or not. To close, we will witness the gap between our solid offensive staff to our not so solid defensive staff in a game of this magnitude. Vegas has them as a two touchdown favorite for a reason and this is why.
I can bet you K State was a double digit dog to OU a couple weeks ago and yet they won. Clemson should absolutely be favored. Does that guarantee them the victory? We all know the answer to that. It is possible we come out and outplay them and win. Vegas knows what they are doing, but they get a lot wrong at the same time.

See you in this thread after the gameday forum lock--for better or for worse.

Advertisement
I suggest we play the game anyway - you know, just to make sure.

we might as well just stay home and take an L then
Clemson rarely goes undefeated and they tend to lose a game a year
they lost to pitt and syracuse and should have lost to unc last year
this miami team is much better than those teams so we have a punchers chance
if we can get to 30 plus i think we can win
Clemson hasn’t lost a regular season game since 2017

You were doing OK until you cited Vegas as confirmation to your conclusion, as if a bunch of fat slobs in a gambling city know more than Joe Fan.

Advertisement
Back