the betting line is reality

The fans who believe we will beat Clemson on the road are appreciated but delusional. Their attention to detail is exceptional and has been for the last half decade. It is exactly the type of opponent that will expose our weaknesses that we've been able to mask so far to the fullest. Outside of Bolden we are not a good tackling team and our offensive line while much improved is just not at the level we need them to be. Having staff members like Blake Baker and Scott Patke on staff will be very visible and the difference of the game. FSU and Loserville had defenses that were atrocious and it's easy to get overly excited about our much improved offense. The offense should be able to move the ball on Saturday and it's the consistency of that movement that will keep us in the game or not. To close, we will witness the gap between our solid offensive staff to our not so solid defensive staff in a game of this magnitude. Vegas has them as a two touchdown favorite for a reason and this is why.
You lost credibility when you said bolden is our best tackler! You don't watch games because if you did you would've seen louisville n fspoo put him on skates multiple times.

Advertisement
Miami has nothing to lose with a loss...but with a win, a lot to gain.

We play loose and free and see what happens.

Upsets happen in CFB..ask Pitt (and Tony Grazziani and ask Conner Barth at unc). If if if we win, it'd be a big time step forward for this team. If not, no biggee. We weren't expected to win anyways. Hopefully then, we win out and out see them again in Dec.

The fans who believe we will beat Clemson on the road are appreciated but delusional. Their attention to detail is exceptional and has been for the last half decade. It is exactly the type of opponent that will expose our weaknesses that we've been able to mask so far to the fullest. Outside of Bolden we are not a good tackling team and our offensive line while much improved is just not at the level we need them to be. Having staff members like Blake Baker and Scott Patke on staff will be very visible and the difference of the game. FSU and Loserville had defenses that were atrocious and it's easy to get overly excited about our much improved offense. The offense should be able to move the ball on Saturday and it's the consistency of that movement that will keep us in the game or not. To close, we will witness the gap between our solid offensive staff to our not so solid defensive staff in a game of this magnitude. Vegas has them as a two touchdown favorite for a reason and this is why.

Remind me, did F$U cover against Jacksonville State? After all, Vegas is sooooo smart...

That’s true
My point was more to show that they have been beaten before by teams that were far worse than ours
And our advantage this year is the half empty stadium the home field advantage won’t be the same this year
Yeah man I agree. But we really are going up against a beast here. The 2017 loss was due to Kelly Bryant getting hurt in the first half. Miami needs to play a flawless game and have timely turnovers if they want a chance.

Advertisement
Once upon a time in 1994 the great Miami Hurricanes lost to the Washington Huskies at home to end the Canes absurd home winning streak. Once upon a time in 2006, the national title winning Florida Gaytors lost at home to Ole Miss? I’ve been watching College Football a long time. Don’t talk to me about reality, especially during the year 2020 with a pandemic and little to no home field advantage.

Clemson hasn’t lost a regular season game since 2017
It's not like the ACC has been throwing good teams at them left and right. Look at their division and the quality of opponents over there. FSU was to be their big rival on that side, and they have disappeared off the face of the football planet. They are doing what any good team would do. Beat the teams they are better than. That's good, but it's not earth shattering good. As Miami fans we are just used to seeing a team that plays down to lesser competition week after week, and some of us marvel at a team that doesn't do it as much as us. However, Clemson DOES do it. They should have lost to UNC last year. Syracuse gives them fits sometimes. Pitt... They are not some juggernaut just because they have won a bunch of ACC games in a row. It says more about the rest of the ACC than it does them.

Clemson is like FSU when FSU joined the ACC. They simply never lost to other ACC teams, until they did. Their time came to and end, and so will Clemson's. Here's hoping it's this weekend.

Vegas also had us as underdogs v UL. Clemson has also not covered the spread v Citadel or UVA. Is Clemson talented, sure, i think so are we. They have been mauling people for years with a DL that's probably unprecedented in terms of draft picks. They are not the same team. They are getting judged on what they have done prior to this season

Advertisement
Top to bottom they have a better team on O and on D. They also have a much better D staff (O so far looks about equal). They will expose us like every good team does, but if our O is as good as advertised we could definitely hang tight and win.

The gap is definitely a lot less than in previous years though

raw.png

My thoughts on the VEGAS line is all bull$it . The game is played on the field. The winner will be the one that makes the less mistakes and not turn the ball over. It's WHO WANTS it MORE. It can be achieved.

Advertisement
Yeah man I agree. But we really are going up against a beast here. The 2017 loss was due to Kelly Bryant getting hurt in the first half. Miami needs to play a flawless game and have timely turnovers if they want a chance.
I agree
I just hope they don't come out in purple unis, they usually play best when they are wearing those hahaha
ultimately I think if baker can hold Clemson to less than 30 we have a good shot
and I think our kicking and punting give us a big advantage this year

Advertisement
Although I could never say or type something of this nature (Kool-aid drinker). I agree with all your sentiments. When you have a team that goes from being unable to get first downs for entirety of halfs to dropping 40 pts a game optimism goes a little overboard. Our secondary hasn't been tested even remotely close to what it will be. Our linebackers likely don't stand a chance vs ETN. Our Oline may get ravaged by all the 5 stars Clemson has paid err I mean recruited. Hard to imagine our WRs being anything other than glued to Clemson DBS.

With all that being said STFU W E R O L L!!!!
CANES 38-24

if there is any year an upset could happen it would be this one..2020 has everything going backwards and sideways....hoping this is one of the off the wall things this year has brought us..

Obviously I think we lose the game by at least 17..rooting for my boys but I know Clemson is legit and have a star studded roster. That's the reality of it

This isn't the pros where teams are close....Clemson is bama level and rolling with a super star at QB and speed everywhere

Advertisement
Back