The Bank (scrimmage edition)

View as article
Advertisement
Bro, I'm not used to you speaking highly of our defense or defensive coaches, LOL! Such a relief to hear positive things about the coaching staff. What spots are we weak in your opinion?
I don't think the front-7 is where it needs to be. We have a few good pieces but as a unit...
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

Advertisement
I don't think the front-7 is where it needs to be. We have a few good pieces but as a unit...
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura
LB room isnt there yet. DL room is getting there, we might not have any 1st round caliber talents like a Jaelan Phillips but we got a couple NFL caliber guys

Darrell Jackson
Akheem Mesidor
Mitchell Agude
Leonard Taylor

Advertisement
LB room isnt there yet. DL room is getting there, we might not have any 1st round caliber talents like a Jaelan Phillips but we got a couple NFL caliber guys

Darrell Jackson
Akheem Mesidor
Mitchell Agude
Leonard Taylor
Darell Jackson and LT have 3 more years here!

Darrell Jackson
Akheem Mesidor
Mitchell Agude
Leonard Taylor

I really, really like the upside of an interior rotation of Taylor, Jackson and JHH. And Mesidor wants to play 3 tech when possible. That smells like a winning combination of speed and power.

I really, really like the upside of an interior rotation of Taylor, Jackson and JHH. And Mesidor wants to play 3 tech when possible. That smells like a winning combination of speed and power.
I could be mistaken; but I thought that Mesidor did not want to play inside. I thought he left WV cause they played him at DT and he wanted to play End???

Advertisement
I don’t think this is fair. Lane was god awful at FSU. Ladson was getting significant playing time at Clemson before transferring here. If he was awful, that wouldn’t have been the case.

Ok.

Insert overrated tall South FL 5-star speedster who never learned how to run a route.

Advertisement
Clemson is going to suffocate our offense

Clemson is going to suffocate every offense.

If you guys are going to judge the season on how we look vs Clemson, you're going to be pretty disappointed. They are much better and much deeper at almost every position except QB. Can weird **** happen and we win a close game? Sure, it's football. Anything can happen. But if we play up there in late November 10 times, we probably win 1. This was a 7-5 team last year who got ANNIHILATED by Alabama, which Clemson is not too far of a step down from (and honestly the 2022 Clemson defense is probably better than the 2021 Alabama one). Literally men vs boys in that game. If they wanted to, they could've won 60-10. This is what Mario is taking over. We have a long way to go to be Clemson or Bama or any of the Top 5 teams. LONG way to go. IMO, keeping that game competitive in the 2nd half would be very encouraging. But even more so, just win the Coastal. That's doable. Going up and down the field on Clemson's defense isn't very realistic.

If you guys are going to judge the season on how we look vs Clemson, you're going to be pretty disappointed. They are much better and much deeper at almost every position except QB. Can weird **** happen and we win a close game? Sure, it's football. Anything can happen. But if we play up there in late November 10 times, we probably win 1. This was a 7-5 team last year who got ANNIHILATED by Alabama, which Clemson is not too far of a step down from (and honestly the 2022 Clemson defense is probably better than the 2021 Alabama one). Literally men vs boys in that game. If they wanted to, they could've won 60-10. This is what Mario is taking over. We have a long way to go to be Clemson or Bama or any of the Top 5 teams. LONG way to go. IMO, keeping that game competitive in the 2nd half would be very encouraging. But even more so, just win the Coastal. That's doable. Going up and down the field on Clemson's defense isn't very realistic.
I agree getting exposed by lsu and Clemson and bama has scarred me from drinking the kool aid of we’ll beat someone with a great front 4

clemson lost like 3 last year. I agree their defense is nasty. But if their offense is booty, a team like Miamk with a TVD certainly has a greater than 10%

I could be mistaken; but I thought that Mesidor did not want to play inside. I thought he left WV cause they played him at DT and he wanted to play End???

They were putting him over center or in the C/G gaps, and he hated that role. We’re not talking just using him in a Rousseau-type pass rush from over the NG spot. He was asked to gap manage more often than not.

In a media day interview he did last week he said he likes moving around but prefers 3 tech of all the spots. I was kind of shocked because I thought he wanted to be an edge rusher.

Maybe he’s fast twitch but not quite pure speed só likes to be a little closer to the ball? Maybe he’s bad sealing the edge or covering the flats im certain situations? Whatever the reason, that’s what he said he preferred.

Advertisement
Back