The Bank (scrimmage edition)

View as article
Advertisement
Heard the same from coaches who have watched our film.

It’s hard to evaluate coaches in a vacuum (a lot goes into on-field performance) but the DBs regressed mightily and were the biggest reason we struggled so bad tackling.

So far in practice, they look much improved under Addae. The real test will be games.

Recruiting is a different story. TRob is the best.
Should we worry about Addae in that regard

Good reporting as always! O line and linebacker sound concerning, but it is what it is and has been addressed in recruiting. Physicality in general being up is music to my ears. We played flag football last year.

Tough cognitive dissonance happening with the Leonard Taylor situation. He showed a few flashes when he played but I don’t think I’ve ever heard him mentioned standing out a single time in any practice ever. Alarm bells going off there. By now we should have seen something.

No need for alarm bells on Taylor. He started and did his thing. I like the progress for a second-year player at an age position.

Advertisement
I’ve heard a few times from inside the building that T-Rob wasn’t as good a coach as billed.

I have a hard time believing that, since the minute he put his name in the hat, he ended up at Bama under Sabag and is back to reeling in 5* kids.

I now wonder if there really is some truth to this, since post Robinson, the DB’s are really stepping up.

Any thoughts here @DMoney?
In reality Saban could have hired anybody to coach DBs and they would have had similar success. Bama signs 5* DBs every year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They've been the best because they've had talent all over, and they poured resources into football, and cheated to buy recruits.

In the NFL only 3 of the top 15 DT's are from the SEC.

Clemson has 3 by themselves. So maybe Moten looks like a Clemson DT. 😂

Makes sense since Veneables recruited him hard to Clemson and then Oklahoma. His senior tape made me a believer.

Advertisement
Back